Setups Vs. Driving

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Erick

Setups Vs. Driving

Post by Erick »

I'm having trouble getting the right setup for some tracks. However, I do realize that some of it is my driving. But there is no way for me to truly measure my progress without having a true expert see what he can do with setups that I have. I need somebody to see what they can do with my setups. So...I made three of my setups available: Spain, San Marino and Monaco. I'm open to any suggestions on the setups.

Here are my PB's at the three tracks:

Spain: 1:17.951

San Marino: 1:21.481

Monaco: 1:22.523

I'm postive that I could get a second more out of the setups on these tracks. I did do a 1:20.9 at Imola with this setup...but I'm just giving you what I submitted at "Finthelimit". Well... let's see what you can do :wink:
Attachments
Best No Aid Setup1.svm
Spanish Track Setup
(1.93 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Best No Aids Monaco.svm
Monaco Track Setup
(1.92 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
SanManNoAids.svm
San Marino Track Setup
(1.92 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
DanTheMan
Site administrator
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by DanTheMan »

My suggestion is that you locate and download the setup pack from "The Notorious". They are for F1 2002 though, so if you are running F1C that might be a problem. I've found his setups to be, at the very least, good starting points for my own setups.

/Daniel
Move over!!!
Erick

TN Settings

Post by Erick »

That's the thing; I used the TN settings as my base setup for Spain and Monaco. I really didn't change them too much, mainly 'cause I don't know how to change them to make them better. I haven't tried the TN settings for San Marino yet, so I don't know how well I can improve their. But previous to me using the TN settings at Spain, I could barely get into the 1:19's. I just want to see what other people can do with the settings I use, and to give me some suggestions on how to change them if possible.

Just for fun, I supplied one more setup: A1-Ring. This setup is completely insane(my friend tells me). :lol: , he can barley finish a lap with all aids on. I would like someone else to try and see what they can do. I need to know if I got all I can out of the setup, if the setup sucks, and what I should change.

My PB at the A1-Ring: 1:08.334
Attachments
GripAustriaNoAids.svm
Austian Track Settings
(1.91 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
sirsmokealot

Post by sirsmokealot »

HI ERIC . welcome to u here at NAR !

1st of all i KNOW ur situation, BUT if u READ raceralex advanced setup guide , u MIGHT have a better chance to make these laps better .

I read it CAREFULLY , and i KNOW i AINT the best setupper around , BUT IT SURE HELPED ME ALOT ! ill TRY find that pogram , and post it here too.. GOODLUCK m8 !

EDITED : THIS PROGRAM IS 3.6 megabytes I DUNNO IF FORUM CAN HAVE THAT HERE , I CANT ADD IT .. RacerAlex Advanced Formula 1 Setup Guide SEARCH INTERNET AND ULL FIND ! AND READ IT ALL ;)

AND CYA to a SOON IMPROVED ERICK ! 8)
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

wel erick if u do a 1.08 with that setup idd like to see that in real because its fast. I tried your setup and i did a 1.11 (i did 8 laps) its sooo loose in the rear. (different driver style) and a 1.08 is just fast!!!! but to improve alot u must practice alot and change u setup and try to notice what the change u made what it does.

edit: and san marino i did a 1.22

Uehm did u have the original game if yes it should have a book with the instal guide etc in the back it has a setup guide!!! i use it and it helped me alot.

and now im gonna try the other sets
Last edited by dutch power on 30 Jun 2003, 18:56, edited 2 times in total.
sirsmokealot

Post by sirsmokealot »

WHAT game we talk about here ? F1 2002 :wink: OR F1C 8)

IF f1 2002 108 isnt too fast is it ? personally best 106.6 , AND i THINK mark is 2 sec faster than me in F1 2002 !

IF F1c 108 HUUUHAAAAA i dl that setup AT ONCE if so !
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

f12002 sir :?
sirsmokealot

Post by sirsmokealot »

DP MY DEAR FRIEND, STOP BEEING NICE , I HAVE PERSONALLY SEEN U MAKE 106.6 AND FTL U HAVE 105 TIME :) ! AND BECAUSE I REMEMBER is that i was 2 TOUSANDS of a sec after U m8 :) NOSHIT !
CYA EL MATRES - PERHAPS M8 in MEXICO language ?
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

TWO secs faster than u :? Come on sir i dont think the gap is that big........... i was thinking about 4 secs :twisted:

hehe no just kiding.

Wel 1.08 is slow i forgotten that some guys already did a 1.04 and yes 1.08 is a bit slow but stil fast. I compared that time with a 1.06, only forgotten that 1.04.

And sir wel i still remember A1 aaaaaaaaaaaaaargg i hate that track the div2 race we had there wel... that race i was on good pace and was able to win it ...... not ( 8 laps to go about 15 secs ahead of 2th driver) :evil: but wel hehe it was not my day unfortunaly. The :evil: evil :evil: showed up.

O yeah sir im always nice and gentle but when we are on the race track............. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Alx

Post by Alx »

A1 Ring.......I remember A1 Ring... I set WR and then couldnt do the race....A1 Ring...AAAAAAAAAAHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHGGGGGGGHHHHH
:cry: :? :oops: :( :shock: :x :roll: :evil: :twisted: :cry:

Not that Im still thinking about it or anything..heheee
:D :D
a little bit sideways is always quicker
Erick

Post by Erick »

These setups are for F12002. i have not bought the new game yet :( . How much is it? I need spending cash first. And I need to be practical. I'm a bum :lol: hey! does this mean I won't be able to play with you guys online ever again? Atleast untill I find myself a copy of the new game? :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll:

Oh, and thanks for the suggestions. yeah, I haven't even tried the TN settings at A-1 or San Marino. I wonder what I can do with those. You know...I haven't been playing this game with no aids for very long. Just ever since I got my steering wheel 4 weeks ago. I can improve. :wink:
I hope
Erick

RacerAlex

Post by Erick »

I can't find "Advance Setup Guide". All I can find is "Advance setup menu" by the same author. What do I do?
sirsmokealot

Post by sirsmokealot »

LOOK HERE M8 http://www.teamspeedsims.com/zero1ferrarifan/misc02.htm

SCROLL DOWN TO ALLMOST BUTTOM AND ITS THERE !

AGAIN GOODLUCK AND WELCOME !
tackman

Post by tackman »

Hi Erick!

If u only have driven 4 weeks and do that kind of times already without help,u dont need to worry.
We in NAR have (most of us) years and 100:ds of thousands lap behind us.
Keep it up :D
"corrner wass not to tight,tspeed wass too high" Mika Hakkinen (If I remember correctly) after an offtrack expedition
Erick

Post by Erick »

Thanks for all the help guys :D . But hey :( .... :( 1:08 not fast at A-1? previous to that I was doing 1:10's(bad setup)., then I made some strange experiemental changes to my setup and found 2 seconds. Dutch Power tried it and he got a 1:11. Maybe If I use the TN settings I can crack the 1:06's(or better I hope). Which, I guess I do remember it being hard to get a perfect lap with my setup. a 1:07 is possible, but hard.

Has anyone been to the Go-KArt facility in Columbus Ohio called "Speeds"? I went there a week ago. I know now how wrong I was doing everything. It's a 22-turn track(1/2 mile), and the Go-Karts can get up to 40 MPH -depending on driver abililty they said. I got it up to 38.6...so, that's not too bad I suppose. but it's the infeild, slow sections I was doing all wrong. Perhaps it's 'cause I didn't know the track, and I was trying too hard. But I still managed to clock the fastest time of the day at a 1:00.7......but it didn't look too busy when me and my friends got there :lol: but the fastest time of the year was a 51.6. I was kinda dissapointed. But now I realize what I was doing wrong, and can see myself cracking the best of the year times(top 10). But the stinker is that I live 333 miles away from it. My and my friends were just stopping by before our Pearl Jam concert we were going to. it was a 6 hour drive. I will probably never go there again. Now I'm stuck with that horrible time to eat up at me. Really...I don't know, they might have leagues that use faster cars to get those better times...but I don't know. Thanks for hearing my story :roll: I'm an idiot
Erick

Post by Erick »

Thanks alot for the awesome guide Alex. Really....some of it we should know if we understand physics at all :lol: . But man....your insight will probably prove to be the best thing that's heppened to me in racing period. And maybe I should take a look at those racing books by Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost. I hope I get a chance to go to that GO-Kart track again some time. I will conquer it. gees...I need to stay on topic; this is about F12002, or about all good F1 games...no, it's about racing, period. How do you know soo much? I only hope I can break away from some of my habbits :lol: Previous to reading your guide...I always liked to break as late as possible, no matter how bad I locked them up :lol:. Now I'm trying to modulate more; Something I should have been doing along time ago. Well, thanks for the reference sirsmokealot. I'm sure it will help me alot. I already almost got a 1:10 something at Magny-Cours. I'm feeling good now. My eyes have been opened. The talent I was born with(faster than hell reflexes :lol: ) will be utilized to the fullest. You have unleashed a monster.....watch out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DanTheMan
Site administrator
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by DanTheMan »

I've been to Columbus OH once, and I have no urge to go back. :-)

I was there for a a few days in July '99 during the heat-wave that killed people off both left and right. Humid like nothing I had ever experienced (no, I've never been to Florida) and 95-100*F. And to make matters worse I had a black rental car. :x

The place was so dull that instead of staying for the weekend after the meeting, I drove my rental car to Chicago and spent two days doing typically touristy stuff (Sears Tower, the "Married With Children" fountain, the marina, HRC, ...).

/Daniel
Move over!!!
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

WOW!! The "Married with children" fountain!!!!!!!

You are my HERO Daniel!!! :mrgreen:

Al Bundy RULES!
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
Alx

Post by Alx »

La la laaaaaaaaaaaala la la laaaaaaaaaala...lalalalalalala la laaaaaaaala.
a little bit sideways is always quicker
carrera

Post by carrera »

Well all i can remember is Kelly bundy and that body :P
Not sure what the show was about but watched her ..i mean the show all the time...Gee thanx now i have to go out and have a breast of fresh air..
i mean a breath.....
Well guess its time to call girlfreind over...after lookin at those 2 jugs of milk.....in the fridge...lol..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
FERRARI RULES YAAAA
carrera
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""