A few tips

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Steve

A few tips

Post by Steve »

hi guys !!! just a couple bits of info for you, do NOT install the latest Nvidia graphics driver if you play the ETCC mod, it's makes the game do all kinds of strange stuff, flashes of color will go across your screen, and the cars look like the paint is peeling off of them, lol, also, if you've noticed recently tthat your system takes a lot longer to boot up, and you have Norton anti virus 2003, uninstall norton, then reinstall, seems there was an update that was corrupt, and would cause super slow boot up, i just reinstalled my norton, and my computer boots up 20 times faster than it did before !! time went from about 2 minutes to boot, to about 20 seconds
Alx

Post by Alx »

wow this is interesting. I have the latest NVIDA and norton!!!!

What NVIDA do you use now then?

I will try it!
/@lx
a little bit sideways is always quicker
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I can't tell about the ETCC problem (not installed yet), but I have XP with NAV 2003 and ForceWare 52.16 (latest from NVidia, not the Windows Update scrap) and it never took more than 20 secs to go from the Boot Manager to the Login screen.

All XP Critical updates are installed and I manually update NAV every day or two. I do not use "auto-protect" at all though (that could be what was taking you so long at boot time).
Steve

Post by Steve »

i have the nvidia driver # 45.23, downloaded from the nvidia website, NOT through windows update, maybe the problem with norton is a U S thing, lol, but i know uninstalling it and reinstalling totally changed my boot time, it was mind blowing how much quicker i boot up now !!!
I tried the new Nvidia driver, but it totally screwed my ETCC mod, so i went back the the 45.23 and no problems at all :D