Forum email

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
DanTheMan
Site administrator
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Forum email

Post by DanTheMan »

As some of you might have noticed it has sometimes taken a very long time to post a message on the forum. This is not because the server has been overloaded, it is because someone have asked the server to be notified whenever a post is added the thread you are posting in.

I have been using a free email service to send out the emails, and their SMTP server has taken a long time to accept the emails from my server. That is what you guys have been waiting for (in most cases).

The reason I have used that free email service instead of the one provided by my ISP is that I have not had an email account myself at my ISP. Having Telia (my ISP) send out emails with a false return address has not worked very well, especially for some people (like Mark) that have ISPs that have good spamfilters that block emails coming from one domain but with a different return address domain.

I have now changed this, so in the future when you get email from the server the return address should be forumserver@telia.com (instead of daniel.eriksson@softhome.net). Also, since I am using the SMTP server of my ISP the delay incurred by sending out a few emails should not be more than a second or so.

/Daniel
Move over!!!