Euro Monaco Race

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Racer
NAR administrator

Euro Monaco Race

Post by Racer »

Well Monaco Race was a disaster for me, i saw alot off walls coming to me, :mrgreen:
finaly hit wall and Engine dies, :(

here are results,
Attachments
GRAB_025.JPG
Qualy
(160.43 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
GRAB_026.JPG
Race
(146.35 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Coffeemachine

Re: Euro Monaco Race

Post by Coffeemachine »

ended up with pole after fredrik had a incident in the qualifying, thx for that! I had alredy decided to drive really slow in the race to avoid any silly misstakes, so after leading in the start i set off to do that. felt pretty much under control until my control inputs froze on lap 7-8? someting like that, fortiounaly it was going into mirabau so miraculously i didnt hit anyting at all, fred just got by. after that he was really on fire, but i tried to stay with my gameplan and lost 20ish seconds during the first stint. so long no misstakes at least. pitted, fiddled with some food and drinks but not much can be eaten/drunk in 7 seconds :P ...stalled the engine cause of that, not really a problem when your 20 ish secs behind i guess..heh. after that the 2nd stint was pretty even with me losing a few more seconds (still no major incidents ie. spins) and we went into the third stint, when (finally :) ) fredrik found a wall (being fast will do that to you hehe), pitted and i led with 2 secs and 15ish laps to go. so i picked up the phase but overcooked it into ste devote defending an attack that really didnt need to be defended i think....and fred got by. Anyway, decided to do what i set out not to do...so i started pushing, and caught up with freds gearbox after some 5 laps again but that totally destroyed my tires, and together with a weird wallcontact in that ste devote incident really took all the grips away and the car finally spun where it really shouldnt spin even on full throttle.... managed to aviod the walls, but i realized there was no way i'd caught up from here...so i decided to just phase it to the finish. Still quite pleased with the race against our new alien, and only .3 behind in fastest lap was really good imo!

McLaren still going strong in monaco with their second-in-a-row euro one-two! pity for pascal he blew his engine not far away from the finish
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
scuderiafn

Post by scuderiafn »

Hello

Starting with qualifying, I didn't get a fully proper lap after I made two serious mistakes. I ended up with one or two fliers I think, and was 0.4 seconds off pace to my team mate Kaffemaskin. He did a very good job in qualifying, I had to get a very good lap to beat him. Second was not too bad since I was very happy with my race pace.

I made a lousy start as usual, and was almost overtaken into T1 by Pascal, but I managed to out-brake him and claim second again. Then I began my chase for Kaffe, who didn't seem to have the pace on the first stint. I pushed him very hard, and was waiting to snatch every opportunity to get past him. On lap 7 I think it was, his controllers freezed for a moment, and that was enough for me to overtake him in Mirabeau. After this happened, I managed to pull a great gap for my first pit stop, about 20 seconds ahead. When I saw Kaffe pitting on the same lap as me, I was comfortable for the second stint, just controlling my pace and taking it easy and took some tenths every lap. The second stop went well, and it was just a matter of transport home to the chequered flag.
Or so did I think. But I was wrong.
On some lap in my third stint, without even pushing or understanding what I really did, I hit the left Rascasse wall, at the braking point. The car just turned left without me turning my wheel for some reason. I think I got the wrong line and hit a bump I didn't know existed. I lost my front wing, and lost P1 after my third and unplanned pit stop. I had to chase Kaffe again for some laps, and got the fastest lap in the race at the time. So, at Anthony Noghes I got a great exit while Kaffe didn't, and I was right behind half down the start finish straight. He braked too late, and I got him (more in the right way this time than at the beginning of the race :) ) But, heading out of T1, my speed limiter hooked on (seems to be a problem with my wheel, it happened two times in Nouvelle chicane too) and I got a bad exit. I don't know what happened with Kaffe there, but his car just turned right and hit my rear and we got a pretty big contact. Luckily no one was damaged, and then we could finish the race.
But with some laps left, the exact same thing that happened when I lost my front wing in Rascasse happened again (!), but this time I got out of it unharmed. And, that was the last time I ever did that mistake in that corner, believe me :P

Thanks to Coffee for a very exciting battle, and I feel sorry for Pascal, who made a great race until his engine died. Better luck next time! That goes for you too Ingo!

So much to write about a race with so few drivers, but hey... this is MONACO :)
NAR Euro Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro # 5
Cue-bitzer hit Bådää into T1, causing Fart-in-Source to get by!
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Nice words fredrik, keep up the good work, congrats again, :)
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

ok
my start was like everyracce nice, catched frederik but i let him easily passed
i was so fucking nervous like never before, my puls was strange high :lol:
i think that was the reasong why i didnt found my rythem to drive my 14-15 times wich i actualliy can
but it dosent metter
sailsy was too slow
then i hit a wall and i had a little damage to my car, was tricky to drive, then sailsy was a bit faster, so i tried to push with my damaged car
then i noticed that sailsy was out and i though: now i can slow down because ingo was very slow :D
i did my first stop bit earlier because the car was undriveble
then everything goes well, ok my times were totaly crap but it was no problem, then lap 59..almost finished and my damn engine went down..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
sad
i dont know why, radiator was 4 and boost was 7
but ok
we´ll see us in montreal :wink: :wink: :wink:

gratz to u two
nice race :)
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Jackson wrote:my start was like everyracce nice, catched frederik but i let him easily passed i was so fucking nervous like never before, my puls was strange high :lol: i think that was the reasong why i didnt found my rythem to drive my 14-15 times wich i actualliy can but it dosent metter
Same for me, dont ask me why, but i was in a kind of «brain freeze» all the race! My movment of legs and hands were like lock, the worst race i ever done in NAR.
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Jackson wrote:i dont know why, radiator was 4 and boost was 7
RPMs also affect the engine life, so how your car is geared and how you downshift can also cause premature failure. Also, maybe you just were unlucky...
2010 NA div. Admin
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

...or the damage sustained in the barrier trips made its way into the engine. think that happens, right?
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

I wanted to tell what i used, but remember that we are not on same mod. One thing is that once i was shure that i was not going to gain a position since i was 1 laps down the driver in front, i put my boost to 1 and just «tried» to save my ass untill the end. But i never run a full race boost at max. Also, 1 race i use same setup as another driver (to not mentioned Paul) and he blew his engine at 3/4 of race and i did the full race with it. I think he was maybe more agressive with donwshifting. One thing is he had a contact on side of car, that maybe damage his rad? Dont know if contact in the mod have an influence on engine, it should do, but does it?
NAR.F1 driver
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Flow wrote:I wanted to tell what i used, but remember that we are not on same mod. One thing is that once i was shure that i was not going to gain a position since i was 1 laps down the driver in front, i put my boost to 1 and just «tried» to save my ass untill the end. But i never run a full race boost at max. Also, 1 race i use same setup as another driver (to not mentioned Paul) and he blew his engine at 3/4 of race and i did the full race with it. I think he was maybe more agressive with donwshifting. One thing is he had a contact on side of car, that maybe damage his rad? Dont know if contact in the mod have an influence on engine, it should do, but does it?
we in euro cant change boost nor brake balance in the race, due to the parc ferme being weird
please fix this, its really really urgent and important!
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Better late than never:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... o_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... o_Race.xml
Replays: Not available, sorry.
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
scuderiafn

Post by scuderiafn »

Thanks a lot Bilbo for the stats above! Really interesting to see those, hope we will have it for Canada too :D
NAR Euro Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro # 5
Cue-bitzer hit Bådää into T1, causing Fart-in-Source to get by!
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Tnx Bilbo, this is good team work guys, :mrgreen: :wink:
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

The admins are looking at this issue Kaff but I don't thik it is possible.
As I understand it if the BOOST and BRAKE BIAS are turned on then it enables other features that within PARC FERME should be disabled.

This is the same for NA DIV. as well.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN