NA Istanbul race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA Istanbul race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... Turkey.zip (14.8MB, contains race and qual. replays)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: NA Istanbul race, post your comments here...

Post by Flow »

wow, interesting race. Congratulation Mario, your race wat not easy, but you manage to win it, great. As a big surprise, i qualif 3rd. But because of my lack of practice, after Lap 1 i was almost in last position. Aaron, that is bad, i feel bad for you, DNF last race, DNF this race, you would fight for the lead of championship, that is a lost of 16 points in 2 race, grrrr for you. Congratulation Christian for yur 1st finish in NAR. As for Paul, whooo, you were like a fireball down the straigh, your engine was burning like hell, and when i notice it was you, and i was driving your setup, at 3/4 of race, trust me, you put spice in my race, i lift off the trottle and wait untill i pass the 90% to push more, lol. thanks again for the setup, it helped me alot. I did so many mistake tonight, lost alot of time.

About loosing, i must say that i lost 2 positions in Lap 1 that i am not proud of me, lol i got pass like a newbe get pass. At enter of curve, i look in my mirror, and with my driving line, i knew that i was going to get pass by Aaron, and at end of curve, it was a total humiliation :oops: , lol, and Bilbo that was folowing aaron just got me the same way... :evil: cong both of you, i will have to watch the replay, cause i would of not put my finghers between our wings :o that was close, and it was sooooo hoooot moves for few corner! I had little battle with steveB, steve, christian and maybe Paul, it was short, but i had great battle while it lasted. It was fun!

Ho and sorry for clipping the 3 signs of last straight, i went off in grass at 305km/h, and trust me at that speed, you dont bather with nothing else than staying in straight line and not spun! So the sign in front of me paid for it, hihi...

I will save some time to prepare myself alot for Monaco, cause i want to be at the party at end!!! :twisted:
NAR.F1 driver
aawil

Post by aawil »

I was a bit surprised to be running in 4th but I spun and then got caught on the curb trying to get back on track. I must say I find it hard to believe that the curbs are that bad in real life. By the time I got back on track I was in 8th. My race was basically over anyway. I had Paul behind me and was thinking about just escaping out and then I spun and wrecked. The damage was fixable but I would have been so far behind it wasn't worth it for a point or two. I'm really beginning to understand the euro side on this Mod. I really hate it quite frankly. I've never been great at making setups, but I tried all week and made virtually no progress at all. I just can't figure out what to do to get the feel I need. And I can't even get a setup from previous races to work. Just fed up with it at this point. I'm going to run monaco and then decide where my commitment will lie for the rest of the season. Congrats to Mario on the win.
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

well Aaron, im suprise of your comment, i feel that you are kicking my ass, and your one of the few little that can fight in front. but your decision is yours, too bad we are only around 10 on track, cause with 22, we always would have someone to fight in front or in back. I dont race for the points, even in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, race are sometime as lonely as it is being last. Euro change mod, and theyr were only 6 in last race, so the mod is realy another mod making drivers more satisfied? Too bad we lost Carrera, Juan cause work cant alow them to race anymore, Brad stop racing also. I barely can practice more than 2 ours per races, and i still manage to be able to finish my race, but im getting hard time, and i kind of like it. Better fight for race than lonely in front. My opinion, but i dont race for points, points are cherry on sunday, i like that fun of doing it, 1st or last in a race. Good luck at Monaco! :D
NAR.F1 driver
Steve

Post by Steve »

I had a pretty fun race, only one unscheduled pit stop, was going down the long back straight, and lost concentration, spun, and lost my front wing. Had some fun chasing Christian, and Paul, sorry about the blown engine Paul, you should have finished in 4th, not me.
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Paul M

Post by Paul M »

boom

more comments later
"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it"
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

hi guys :D
woooohouuuuuu another win damn im happy now
second win in a row wowww its cool
well not much to say about my race i have a good start and i was able to keep p1 in t1
then i start to push a bit to open a gap and before the end of my first stint i was alrdy far away in front
so i decide to slow dounw a bit the pace to keep the car till the end
in t8 i went out 2 or 3x and i did 1 or 2 spin lolll thats was not my best race so far i did too many mistake
but finally manage to pass the checkerd flag in p1 hehe
like a few guys here i didnt practice much cuz of work last week i did more then 60 hour work at job + training 6x a week loll
and i finally find my set up for the race saturday night i was alone on track and fuc.. tired too and i did about 20 laps whit a few modif on the set and finally get it as i want it work
great it pay off again
i hope to be well prepare for monaco its a hrad race there heheh
cya in numbers
DAMN what a shame of me i forget to congrat all drivers
n1 to all of u guys
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

This race had some action for me until my 1st stop (of two) but then I was just alone for most of the race.

My Q was okay, can't hope for anything better than P2 while Mario is around so that was good, although I'm only marginally happy with my time.

Race start was quite action-filled for a few laps. First, I was kinda surprised by the new start lights, not so much as to miss the timing but still asking myself some questions while they were going. I launched with the wheels spinning and almost spun there but managed to catch it in time. Missed my braking for T1 with a bunch of other drivers, so we had some kind of car train outside the track, which SteveB took advantage of and I was P5 after T1. I could soon pass Flow who seemed to have problems on cold brakes and/or tyres and seemed to be going wide at almost every turn. I passed SteveB who spun on acceleration as I was setting up a passing attempt at the end of S1. At the end of lap 2, I had Flow on my rear wing and was catching up to Jimmy Vachon who was slower in the last turns. I ended up going a bit wide but was hit on the side by Flow, who was probably going to be wide too if I weren't there, but he came off the worst for it as the hit caused him to spin while I only had inconsequential side-damage (which had me worried about the radiators but temps were still good after the hit).

After that, I exchanged P2 with Jimmy a few times as we both traded driving errors. That went on until he pitted 2 laps before me while he was 4 seconds in front. After my own pitstop, I came out roughly 6 seconds in front of him so he must have had problems in his stop because, while I was faster than him overall, I couldn't have made up 10 seconds in just 2 laps. In any case, after that I was pretty much by myself in P2 until the end, generally increasing the gap with those behind me and watching the gap with Mario in front increase constantly, despite him quite remarkably not pushing hard. As we got near the end, I had a couple of "brain fade" moments, including one time I got confused about where I was on the track and just forgot to make a turn. Fortunately, the wall was far and there was a sand trap to help me. I managed to stop just a few feet from the wall but I must have lost at least 20 seconds there but, at that point of the race, that was not a big worry, particularly compared to wrecking the car, which would have been quite a shame.

Congrats to all who finished. To Paul, I'd recommend getting your engines from one of the more reliable teams. If I remember correctly, it's not the first time you blow an engine in an official race at this track... :wink: I hope to see you all at Monaco, which I had to skip for work-related reasons the last couple of seasons. Hopefully I won't be training for nothing this season...
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Speaking of the start lights.........WHAT START LIGHTS? I saw NO lights at all, was it just me? Or is it a glitch in the track?
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

You were too far in back steve to see the light, qualif in front, you will see them :mrgreen: And sorry bilbo, you remind me that i toutch you, i tought you were going wide to let space not knowing if i was on your side, and i got suprise that you were just taking a normal line, and i was not realy off line, and i slip little and contact you, i was afraid of damaging you. Well, in fact, i said, none cought him on T1, he survive to few laps, now i needed to end your race there, but i mist you. I look like Schumy over Villeneuve, :wink:
NAR.F1 driver
Steve

Post by Steve »

LOL Flow, since there were only 10, I was no more than 5 rows back !! I should be able to see the lights from there...
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

lol, actualy, i had the light on the grid in front + the side side view of light, and they were working fine. Is this cause by a too low graphic setting? If you want, i didnt test in MMG mod, but you usualy can see a chronos start or session time or something like that on your LCD screen. It start couting as soon as the light runs.
NAR.F1 driver
Steve

Post by Steve »

i have ALL of my graphics set to MAX, in game, and in my video card, so it isn't that.

Paul M

Post by Paul M »

Boom 2

Qualy sucked I had a hell of a time getting a clean lap in, Car felt fine just could not get it together, oh well P6 wasn't too bad at least I was on the outside on the grid.
Warm up I finally manage a 128 in race trim, I'm thinking this bodes well for me.

Race bell goes off and my computer decides to flip to the desk top, all of a sudden I'm looking at my PILFUS screen instead of the front straight. I madly hit the Rfactor tab and I re appear on the grid exactly as the lights go off. Bamn I get nailed from behind by Koma, Bang it in gear and off we go no harm done, minor damage and Koma is rolling too. I'm in P9, get around T1 I'm passing carnage I quickly closed on Steve and some one else not sure of position 6 or 7 I think. Any how I can't get around steve until he makes a mistake........traded postions a few more times, spun 5 or 6 times kept loosing my gains and some how managed to get into 4th about mid race. I was on a 3 stop to try to keep up with the pack and I managed to slam the pit wall flat on the right side both times I pitted ( I think I must have damaged the rad ) With about 13 laps left I'm coming up the hill on the back straight and look in my mirrors and think to my self " What pretty colors the fire makes coming off my wing", Maybe I can make it to the pits for and engine change. NOPE

You are correct Bilbo, I blew up here 2 seasons ago LOL. ( IstanBOOM)

Koma sorry for screwing up your start, and any one elses for that matter. I will be removing PILFLUS before Monaco.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Out of curiosity, what is Pilfus (or Pilflus) ? Just to make sure I never install it... :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin
Paul M

Post by Paul M »

voice activated spotter program, you can change your pit strategy on the fly by talking to a spotter.

cool, but not worth the aggravation
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

What is funny paul, is that, if im right, you blew it in qualif last year, :D :D :D
NAR.F1 driver
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

(dont take this the wrong way :P )
hilarous paul :) thx for all the good posts guys, keep em coming!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

My race was HORRID!!
Quali was ok 4th on the grid, which I was happy with considering I didn't run any laps on the NEW version.

Race start.....finally I wasn't the cause or involved in the carnage at T1...wo hooooooo :)
I was in 3rd (I think) with Bilbo behind me and I couldn't stop thinking "WELL...I'M DONE FOR"
I was way off race pace but tried to stay focused.....that didn't last long at the double left I throttled up too soon exiting T6 and spun tagging the wall
ended up with suspension damage.....56 second pit stop came out just as the pack put a lap on me.....SHEEEESHHHHH!!!

I was relatively close to the pack so I was hoping for some mistakes by the guys in front so I could unlap myself but for some reason ALL ran really well....dam it all!!!! LOL

I found myself behind Steve for a few laps....comming up to the last chicane I saw the door open and was going to pass Steve (unlap myself) and he shut the door on me and I bumped him SORRY BUDDY :oops: so I waited for Steve to get going and PAUL came screamming into the turn .....scared the shit out of me and I nearly took him out too...LOL

A couple of laps later spun at T3 tagged the wall even harder this time lost my rear wing and tire then stalled it.

THE END

CONGRATS to MARIO and to the rest of you who finished WELL DONE !!!!!

CU in MONACO. :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Steve

Post by Steve »

No problem Steverino, no harm done, lol, i am just glad i actually finished, there are PLENTY of places on this track to lose it, and cause BIG damage, and I managed to avoid major stuff ( lost front wing once )