(148.83 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
GRAB_021.JPG
Race
(149.13 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Firefly

Re: Euro Istanbul Race, how was ure Race

Post by Firefly »

My race was depressing.

I had another terrible start and lost some places. I managed to make them all up quite quickly apart from Philmax - he was driving very consistently and didn't make any mistakes. His pace was very strong as well so it was very difficult to get close enough through the fast corners and I didn't actually pass him until he pitted.

This cost me about 20 seconds to the leaders but to be honest my laps were so inconsistent it didnt matter. I made up a place to second when Mac retired and that's where I finished.

Fredrik is driving like a robot, he has amazing pace and control - I just can't compete with it.

I'd like to congratulate Fred for the win and also to everyone who finished, especially Pascal who completed his first full race today. Well done.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

well
my second race was mutch better as the first one^^
i finished like firefly said
my start was realy nice ... i got firefly and almost philmax...
my pace was too fast for ingo and too slow for the others, hehe
i did a few spinners but it was no problem
at the end the fricking momo bug appeard...and couldnt go full throttle
but ingo was one minute behinde me ^^
thank u guys for the race....we´ll see us in monaco (scared)

ah
gratz to all others :)
sad that there were just 6 drivers
good night
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Can we not get the full stats thing for Euro now? I notice we didn't get them for the last race.

I'm not sure how those are recorded but they are very detailed and interesting to look at.

Thanks.
scuderiafn

Post by scuderiafn »

Hi guys

Starting with qualifying, I was very surprised on being so clear ahead. I saw MAC's 1.24.5 right before qualifying, and thought that it was a qualifying simulation from him. But that wasn't the case I think, whcih was lucky for me since I didn't get the most out of my lap.

This race started better for me than Spain did, I managed to get off the line after the green light, not before like in Spain :P
However, I wasn't really expecting the green light to come, I thought it would be another red light and that we would go when it was turned off, like in real life. I wasn't prepared for this, and I didn't get the best start. MAC made a better one, and overtook me in the first corner.
Then for the next few laps I tried to overtake MAC, but as Firefly said, it's very difficult to stay close in the fast corners, so I couldn't get a clear shot at him, not until lap 7 I think. I got a good exit from turn 9 and passed MAC into turn 10.
After this happened, I had my most serious worry of my race, when I barely got to the pits. I had about 1 litre left in the last corners and made it just to the pits.
Thereafter, Firefly took the lead and kept a great pace, and I started to wonder whether he was on a 1 stopper. It turned out that he wasn't, and when MAC retired it got pretty boring for me. I just brought it home on the second and final stint.

A shame there weren't more drivers, I only hope it will be more at Monaco.
Well done to all finishing drivers!
//Fredrik
NAR Euro Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro # 5
Cue-bitzer hit Bådää into T1, causing Fart-in-Source to get by!
bigmac777

Post by bigmac777 »

Hi guys

DAmn what a bad race for me...
Totally screwed my qualy, ending far far away from expected.
But starting P2 is not bad at all. Only good thing i'll bring back home is a good start, finally I could fly away as a F1 car...
and luckily overtake Fred in T1. Then all went wrong, never could find my pace I just had no grip ...
Impossible to keep the lead in these conditions, Fred overtook me easily after a few laps, I was struggling with my bad horsy. :lol:
After mid of 2nd stint I lost the rear under throttle, probably I wasn't really concentrated, I just stalled the mule there. :mrgreen:

I feel sad 6 cars only were on this marvelous track yesterday for race.

Congrats to those who showed up and took big points :)

Cya on track guys

MAC
Last edited by bigmac777 on 19 May 2008, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

yeah sorry i missed the race, i was choosing between it and cinema with some friends, and when it was only me and ingo on the server 1.5 hours before the race i decided the real life wins.
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand