Qualy Euro Spain
(167.15 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Euro Race Spain

Post by Flow »

Firefly is just lucky to have finish 4th without fuel. Nice to see that 6 finished the race in points Cong to all finisher, not an easy track to stay on for 66 laps! Special congratulation to TOP 3: Fred, Mac and Drago
NAR.F1 driver
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Flow wrote:Firefly is just lucky to have finish 4th without fuel.
Yes I was going to finish 3rd if I hadn't ran out... was surprised to still end up with 4th when everyone finished, but it must've been because it was on the last lap.

Anyway, I qualified 3rd but was last after spinning at the first corner - I'm quite pleased to have fought my way back up to 4th, but overall I feel pretty downbeat about the whole race.

I had a really nice battle with Drago... that's about the only positive thing I can say.

Well done to Fredrik for the win, and Mac and Drago for getting on the podium. I'd also like to congratulate Ingo for picking up more well earned points... I wish I had the same record for finishing races.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

yes, your 4th is legal, it is only because the lapped driver behind you didnt get theyr lap back before the end of race. I finish 2nd 2 years ago at barhain missign fuel few meters before finish line, others were lapped behind in same situation as you.
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Are there any logs or replays, besides the screenshots above?

I ask because one driver is missing from the race result screenshot (11 drivers vs 12 for qual) and I can't know what was his position...
2010 NA div. Admin
bigmac777

Post by bigmac777 »

Hi guys

It was a great race, lots of fast racers in, a quite big field, there to have a nice party and we had it.

I changed my strategy when admin announced the race would be 66 laps finally. Couldn't test it but thought a 3 pits could be funny this time.
QUalified 2nd, I started quite great without losing positions, lap 3 I think Fred decided to change his strategy from 3 to 2 pits, but I didn't realise it at the moment,
so i took the lead quite comfortably then pushing gently but enough the machine.

On lap 50 my last pitstop was comin, Fred gapped enough seconds behind, All was running good I could obviously pit out in front of him....
For any reason my mechanics were 5 seconds longer than what it was meant to be, dunno why had no
damage at all, and then... ARGHH! i pitted out behind Fred 2s behind..., pushed hard to catch him but he had a great pace too, it was done.
Overall a good race with a great pace not too much action as usual at barca.

btw,I have 2 things to ask to admin:

1 - Please don't change the race length at the last minutes say it before to all racers it's a fair way to do it.
If something is changed for any reason we ALL have to know it the earlier u can say it.
2 - I already asked it but F1RFT league edition is included in the pack. We should use it, otherwise I'm not sure all cars are equal on reliability or anything else.
Why should they have done 2 versions in the mod if they used same files?

Queries motivated by good reasons I think. Don't wanna loose time in pit cause Flavio has hot babes around the crew next races.
Had a great fun race thank you for this one guys.

And congrats to Fred for his first win.

Cya on tracks

MAC
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

haha all hell broke loose for me this race

for starters, did a q run just minutes before the real q and with the same setup and got a 18.0...and ended up 18.9 in the real Q...grr :P and all in the last sector too.

got some kind of brain freeze at the start moment and jumpstarted, decided to take the drive through instantainliously - but since the pit window was marked red i thoguht id stop just in case, cause i know it has been a bit buggish earlier all this, but ofc that didnt go with the drive through..so i pitted 11 secs for nothing, and had to go in again the lap after. needless to say, i was dead last :) was fun to catch drivers and i was quite long on fuel i belive - ended up 25 secs behind firefly with the distance staying more or less the same, so when i pitted on the 26th lap i think it was, i decided to fuel up and try and get me to the end.

but yeah...its hard to focus and be motivated when your a minute behind the driver in front of you :P . anyway put the wheel in the grass at the braking into T7 and just slightly slided into the sand. and then did a noob misstake a'la Mark :) and stalled the engine when i was gonna drive out those 2 metres. so quite silly, would have been fun to see how close i could have gotten with that huge fuel load :) i guess 4th would have been possible since firefly was kind enough to run out of fuel :D . too bad i was even kinder to stall the engine lol.

nice to finally get rid of barcelona! turkey is cool...

congratulations to fredrik for your win! and all you other finishes too..
team sweden scoping up the first 2 wins this season... :)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
scuderiafn

Post by scuderiafn »

Hi guys!

Exciting race for sure. Very tight qualifying with MAC, luckily i stayed ahead and managed to get a good first flyer in the qualifying session.

The race start was a little bit unfortunate for me, I made a false start and recieved a drive-through penalty. I decided to try and increase the gap to MAC on the first laps, but it was pretty constant. I took my drive-through on lap 3 I think, and was confused when I saw my pitcrew standing there. I thought I had to stop in the box, and I did for a couple of seconds, but then I eft the box when I saw that it wasn't a stop and go penalty.

I was now down on sixth place and thought I was pretty much screwed, but I found a great rythm and could keep up with Ingo, Firefly and Drago in front of me. I had a nice rough battle with Ingo, and we had some contact, but luckily no one got any damage.
Before my first "real" pitstop, I was right behind Firefly, who pitted a lap before me. I managed to leap frog him, and the same with Drago after some intense battle. Very tight when Drago came out of the pits, but luckily I came out in front.

The gap was now about 25 secs to MAC, and I was about to settle for second place, but then I discovered he was on a 3-stopper. So I pushed a bit harder so I could keep up, but he was too fast at that time. After my last pitstop, I pushed very hard to get the fastest lap on my new tyres, just to see if it was enough. It turned out to be, with some luck obviously, and I could control the last stint.

Well done to all finishing drivers, and especially to MAC and Drago for the podium finish!

Cheers,
Fredrik
NAR Euro Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro # 5
Cue-bitzer hit Bådää into T1, causing Fart-in-Source to get by!
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Firefly wrote:
I'd also like to congratulate Ingo for picking up more well earned points... I wish I had the same record for finishing races.

tnx m8, was a bit lonely on track, but finish is important, :mrgreen:
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

ok
well, my first race
it was funny^^
the start was actually good, but coffe blocked me so i had to brake strong
everything went well in the first corners, but i pushed jauhis a bit (sry for that)
after that i was behind ingo... it seemed i can catch ingo, but then i spinned me out
then everything went wrong..many spinnings and in lap 24 i crashed into the wall
next race will be better :D

drago and firefly, it was an awesome fight between u, nice to watching :)

thx for that
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

bigmac777 wrote:Hi guys

It was a great race, lots of fast racers in, a quite big field, there to have a nice party and we had it.

I changed my strategy when admin announced the race would be 66 laps finally. Couldn't test it but thought a 3 pits could be funny this time.
Overall a good race with a great pace not too much action as usual at barca.

btw,I have 2 things to ask to admin:

1 - Please don't change the race length at the last minutes say it before to all racers it's a fair way to do it.
If something is changed for any reason we ALL have to know it the earlier u can say it.

well Mac i explain it already, but i have to sayit again, that was the way it soppose to be 66Laps, and once something has bean decided, it has to stay that way, till we discause it again and change it,
and thats the wright Laps for Real racing 66Laps, so i dont see the problem, and that Day i notice myself to, when ScuderiaFN told me if thats not what it shut be.
And u told me ure self that u now before, that it shut be 66Laps, :? so my Question to u, wy did u not ask or bring that to my Atention,
we shut help each other, instead off criticis each other,

bigmac777 wrote:
2 - I already asked it but F1RFT league edition is included in the pack. We should use it, otherwise I'm not sure all cars are equal on reliability or anything else.
Why should they have done 2 versions in the mod if they used same files?

Queries motivated by good reasons I think. Don't wanna loose time in pit cause Flavio has hot babes around the crew next races.
Had a great fun race thank you for this one guys.
This has bean answeared to , that for Instanbul we will change to F1RFT 2008 League,

Also what Drago asked to me About the Boost and Brake Balance is now in discussion, i sugest if u guys now something that may be good, tell that please,
dont wait till we or i do something that u dont like and than say u dont like it, Bring ideas so we can help make Narleague a fun place to be,

owke i hope no 1 get angry now, and give nice and usefull replys,

i will do my best where ever i can, what about u guys, :?: :?: :?: :?: :)

Tnx

Ingo
bigmac777

Post by bigmac777 »

I don't see anybody angry here :roll:

Also what Drago asked to me About the Boost and Brake Balance is now in discussion
Can we know what this is about too now ?

Keep on givin' your best Ingo, WE TRUST YOU!

MAC
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

brake balance and boost should definitly be adjustable during the race, ie i changed brake balance into that tricky left turn downhill braking at bahrain every lap last year.
boost too, so that you can cool it when you dont need to push...and vice versa

i really hope there will be a way to go around these problems until the next race, i remember limpy saying he prolly could make someting work?
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
scuderiafn

Post by scuderiafn »

I fully agree with Coffeemachine. The boost should be adjustable, that would bring more realism to the races, and of course the brake balance too
NAR Euro Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro # 5
Cue-bitzer hit Bådää into T1, causing Fart-in-Source to get by!
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I have finally entered the results of this race in the web stats as by the screenshots posted above. Given that nobody cared to give me any information about this, I have put Limpy as a DNS (Did not start) given that he had a qualy time but was not part of the race results. I hope this is correct but tell me if it is not as it's really a guess on my part at this point.
2010 NA div. Admin
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Bilbo wrote:I have finally entered the results of this race in the web stats as by the screenshots posted above. Given that nobody cared to give me any information about this, I have put Limpy as a DNS (Did not start) given that he had a qualy time but was not part of the race results. I hope this is correct but tell me if it is not as it's really a guess on my part at this point.

sorry Bilbo, i did not notice that question, and yes Limpy did Qualy, but he leave when Race started thats wy he is not on the list