NA Malaysia race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA Malaysia race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... laysia.zip (17.6MB, contains race and qual. replays)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
Last edited by Bilbo on 14 Apr 2008, 03:48, edited 1 time in total.
2010 NA div. Admin
brad

Re: NA Malaysia race, post your comments here...

Post by brad »

2 races in a row, people cannot get a clean start. sorry, but im done, i dont like the mod, but I can deal with it. I cannot deal with practicing, even only one day, getting ready for the race, changing plans in real life for this, only to not even make T1. I think im going to race something a bit slower that will make better racing. Honestly, F1 cars are to fast now for CLEAN online racing, imho.
aawil

Post by aawil »

Sorry to hear that Brad. While I will admit they are more difficult to get off the line safely, Im really baffled why people keep doing it. I think they may be using too many revs. Anyway I got in pretty late so I started in the rear. I didn't get around to working more on setup this week so I wasn't really sure what the car would to on race fuel. I made my start and Christian didn't seem to get off the line. I overtook him on the left which I thought would be safer. But he lost the car a btt and it came spearing right at me putting me in the wall. After fixing the damage in the pits I would myself a lap down. I had to wait quite a while not sure if I would even score a point. Other than that not much else to say. Many many congratulations to my teammate SteveB on winning on this rather difficult circuit. Well done m8 :D
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

brad wrote:2 races in a row, people cannot get a clean start. sorry, but im done, i dont like the mod, but I can deal with it. I cannot deal with practicing, even only one day, getting ready for the race, changing plans in real life for this, only to not even make T1. think im going to race something a bit slower that will make better racing. Honestly, F1 cars are to fast now for CLEAN online racing, imho.
Brad, i just watch the replay, and you were just not lucky, contact occured in front of you, and you hit Bilbo in ass, and that made you go left and you crash me into the wall, or Bilbo did whil spuning cause of your contact. Anyway Bilbo was just trying to avoid 2 cars in front of him that just got clip by another one. Mario was the only one to spun and crash alone into the wall. I notice that Aaron and (Spyker) in back had lag, they were 2 cars distance and they contact with alot of distance between them (at least on my replay)...

It is same for me, i start 7th to climb up 3rd after few meters and got hit, lost front wing. My 1stop strategy was screw right there... L1, +21 second lost +time of crossing that long pit line. I was now last, with aaron in Pit. i got out in 10th position, almost lapped on Lap2. Mangage to get use to the setup and the track, i had the fingher on ESC and was angry, but still curious and hoping to get some points, 10th was not that bad with a 1 stop strategy.

But my nightmare was not over on the track that i dont realy like. After my 1st stop, i was in 7th at middle of race. Just when i pit out, i think i touch what could be called Exit pit line, unless their is no line... (probalby +20 penlaty right there). At that time, i also notice that i change my strategy to 1 stop, but forgot to change the amount of fuel for the second stop :evil: :evil: :evil: so i dedice to keep hopping for a podium, what was still possible, fighting with Bilbo for the 5th place, with Paul in 4th. But no, little mistake, spun and started to be stuck behind SteveB, the leader, i was in is ass, not able to pass but same pace both of us. Juan behind in 2nd punch me a blue flag, he was still far behind, but i waited a little, and n the straight i had warning to move over, so end of straight i went wide to let him reatch me and pass, but :shock: PENALITY for blue flag.@#$@#%!!!?! at that moment, all i could do is save my 6th position... had to pit in for fuel that i miscalculated and screw my 1 stop, and not only that, i had to make a driver trought to erase my penality. This made my race end up in 6th, with a 3 stop finaly!!! I needed 53 laps to figure out how to pace fast, my 3 last laps where in 1:35, but it was too late, il try to practice more next time

So without any crash and mistake on my second amount of fuel in car, i was for shure in position for a 3rd at least. But that was still availble cause i was not alone to get in accident at start, so with alot of IF, it is easy to say that IT was posible, but in my head, i was still hoping alot.

Maybe Brad you shoudl of keep racing instead of ESC, we could of share our frustration at end :wink: you could of score some point and still try to get some fun out of this nightmare :lol:

cngratulaiton SteveB for you Win, and to all who finished. Mario? your too fast, and too fast in wall, lol (haha!je pouvais pas la manquer celle-la, escuse, elle est mechante :wink: )

Cya at next one :twisted: Dot know in what car, but cya anyway.
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The stats and replay links have been posted above.

I was surprised to qualify in second position as I had not practiced at all in the past week, only started again yesterday afternoon. Given the times I had seen from others in practice, I was not hoping to be much at the front.

For the race, I had my usual slow-but-safe start (which I pretty much always have), but got caught by a spinning Jimmy Vachon at my side who threw me into SteveB then in front of Brad for a nice spanking then into Flow and the wall. I waited for everyone to get past and to check the damage before going on. Damage was surprisingly not as bad as I expected, there was a lot of yellow on the car but all major parts were still attached, so I decided to get going (11th I think) and keep my 2 pit strategy. Driving with a damaged suspension was not particularly enjoyable but it's always a nice challenge. I was not particularly fast in my first stint, trying not to spin and just fighting to keep the car going straight but it got slightly better after my first pit stop. I slowly fought my way to 3rd position with little fights with pretty much everyone that was still running but particularly Chrtistian Laforce, Paul, Steve and Flow. Some of these were especially nice, while many ended simply with mistakes.

My apologies to Koma who I may have hit somewhere in the first few laps at the climbing right blind turn. It looked like you were letting me past and I still gave you room on the inside but on the replay, it looks as if you were not going to turn and I still clipped your front while I did my wide turn.

Congrats to SteveB for the win and to McLaren for putting both cars on the podium. I gotta say that the McLaren setup guy (Juan) does wonders with the car. 8) Finally, congrats to all who finished, that was not the easiest track...

See you all next week at Bahrain!
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Was a fun race for me. For a while at the beginning, I was actually in 2nd place !! Then was 3rd for quite a while, UNTIL Bilbo started breathing down my neck, lol, made some stupid mistakes, and ended 4th, not bad for me !! I want to thank Mario for the set up, it made a HUGE difference, the car was so much easier to drive !!
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

hi guys :D
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PODIUMS :lol: :lol:
what a nice start for me OMG lmfao i did not even do the first corner ffs lollllll.
not much to say for me cya in barahain :mrgreen:
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Flow wrote:Mario? your too fast, and too fast in wall, lol (haha!je pouvais pas la manquer celle-la, escuse, elle est mechante :wink: )
You probably mist that one Mario :mrgreen:
NAR.F1 driver
brad

Post by brad »

btw, im not mad, nor am I blaming anyone, thats just how racing goes. Its just very frustrating 2 races in a row the same thing happens and has nothing to do with me :x
(btw, when racing, all I see are cars, and not who is in them, so im not bitching about any paticular driver, just the cars infront of me , haha :)
really, I should not have come back anyways, I only spend half of the month near my computer, so I was going to miss alot of races anyways.
Koma

Post by Koma »

I think you didn't hit me Bilbo, I was having some troubles with my pedals kinda slow at that point lol. Later, lap 6 or 7 my computer LAGGG :x and spun out crashed to the wall, lost all my wheels nose everything, i died there lol. :evil:
brad

Post by brad »

Koma wrote:i died there lol. :evil:
lol, im sorry to hear that, where do I send the flowers? :)
carrera

Post by carrera »

Hello fellow racers,
My apologies for not being there this weekend.I got back from Kamloops B.C an hour after the race had started so I was bummed out.
Congrats to Steveb for his win in the second race of the season.Wuu huuu stevey.
I had to go down to KAmloops on short notice to buy my friends Ninja off of him before he left for alberta.
I insured it yesterday and have been wheeliing down the roads ever since...LOL>..
I wanted to run that malaysia race to as it is a good track for me so I am little bummed out but not undaunted.
I know how ya feel Brad as well as this is the second race you have crashed out of through no fault of your own.
I think we shoudl allow at least one restart though in a situation like that noone wins if you are crashed out in the first lap.
We all feel for the guys involved no matter who they are.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
carrera

Post by carrera »

p.s koma..flowers are on the way....hahahaha
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I think we shoudl allow at least one restart though in a situation like that noone wins if you are crashed out in the first lap.
Restarts or no restarts is a problem with no good solution, IMO, and it has been debated a lot in the past...
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Thank You Guys... :) :)

My qualy lap wasn't too bad as usual I was pretty nervous but surprisingly was able to get it under control when I started my hot lap.
Qualifyed 3rd which was a surprise but I'll take it.

On the grid waiting for the lights to go green I couldn't stop thinking about MALAYSIA start and I had practiced my starts since then.
This time I got off a little slow but clean. :)

I saw a McLAREN head straight for me at the start and I moved over just in time and saw the door open for me.
With Jimmy V. behind me putting a lot of pressure I spun at the hairpin on lap 2 finding myself in 3rd behind Juan.
Juan made a mistake at T4 and I got by starting to track down Jimmy, but he made a mistake as well and it was Juan and I from that point on.
My first stint (after I spun) was AWESOME, I was heavier on fuel than I thought. My first pit stop was 4 laps after Juan made his first pit stop.
I managed to come out infront of Juan after both pitstops but not by much.

My last 2 stints weren't that great, I was struggling with the car to turn in and that helped Juan catch me after each pitstop.We were only 2 or 3 seconds or less apart at any given time the whole race.

On the last lap it looked like Juan made a mistake or came in too hot at the double right and I saw him go off track, from there I knew the race was mine I just had to bring it home.

Congrats to all finishers it was a FANTASTIC race.

See you in BAHRAIN. :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN