mmg is not arcade 100% sur of this
f1rt08 is an arcade mod unreal lap time ,
too easy to set up the car and no support for that mod
:D
killahead
NAR founder

Re: Mod (re-)evaluation

Post by killahead »

I have also tried both mods now and I must say that F1RFT was a little dissapointment.

F1RFT 2008:
- Graphically it is bad, not terrible perhaps but it does not look good IMO
- The sound is terrible, I can not find any other words for it. It goes up and down in volume and changes character....weird...?
- It drives ok, I was expecting more from what the others have said. I can not get a really good feeling for the rear of the car, it kind of feels like I am sitting in only half a car....but I could probably get used to it. It is very very easy to drive though, I like it more when it is more of a challenge.

Final thought F1RFT 2008: Feels a little dated to me, not exactly arcade but it is very easy to drive. This is a kind of mod where you can exploit the "bad" sides a lot I would think to get an alien laptime

MMG 2007 SE:
- Graphically it is very good IMO, looks great
- Sound is ok, nothing spectacular but good
- It also drives ok but with very diffrent feeling from F1RFT IMO. In this I can feel the car, it actually feels like I have 4 wheels, not 2 like in F1RFT. Ok the understeer is a little odd and might need to be looked at by the physics-guys at MMG but overall I like the challenge, it reacts better to inputs from the racing wheel. The setup thing is not my best side so I can not say anything about what is realistic or not so I will not comment on that more than I made changes to the setup in a way that I was told it was going to improve and it did....but perhaps I got lucky.

Final thought MMG 2007 SE: I like this mod. I know I am one of the few EURO drivers that would prefer this to F1RFT but I do. It takes a little (not that much) more work to get a driveable setup.

Final thoughts:
I really don't understand how things got turned this way. Ok, MMG might have rushed their mod a little but at least they did it "legally" :wink: . There are things to work on in that mod but that is the case also with F1RFT IMO. I'm not gonna be happy with the switch but democracy rules ofcourse, we are here to have fun together and hopefully the EURO side will bounce back now.
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

hi guys :D
ur damn right killahead
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

killahead wrote:I have also tried both mods now and I must say that F1RFT was a little dissapointment.

F1RFT 2008:
- Graphically it is bad, not terrible perhaps but it does not look good IMO
- The sound is terrible, I can not find any other words for it. It goes up and down in volume and changes character....weird...?
- It drives ok, I was expecting more from what the others have said. I can not get a really good feeling for the rear of the car, it kind of feels like I am sitting in only half a car....but I could probably get used to it. It is very very easy to drive though, I like it more when it is more of a challenge.

Final thought F1RFT 2008: Feels a little dated to me, not exactly arcade but it is very easy to drive. This is a kind of mod where you can exploit the "bad" sides a lot I would think to get an alien laptime

MMG 2007 SE:
- Graphically it is very good IMO, looks great
- Sound is ok, nothing spectacular but good
- It also drives ok but with very diffrent feeling from F1RFT IMO. In this I can feel the car, it actually feels like I have 4 wheels, not 2 like in F1RFT. Ok the understeer is a little odd and might need to be looked at by the physics-guys at MMG but overall I like the challenge, it reacts better to inputs from the racing wheel. The setup thing is not my best side so I can not say anything about what is realistic or not so I will not comment on that more than I made changes to the setup in a way that I was told it was going to improve and it did....but perhaps I got lucky.

Final thought MMG 2007 SE: I like this mod. I know I am one of the few EURO drivers that would prefer this to F1RFT but I do. It takes a little (not that much) more work to get a driveable setup.

Final thoughts:
I really don't understand how things got turned this way. Ok, MMG might have rushed their mod a little but at least they did it "legally" :wink: . There are things to work on in that mod but that is the case also with F1RFT IMO. I'm not gonna be happy with the switch but democracy rules ofcourse, we are here to have fun together and hopefully the EURO side will bounce back now.

Your post pretty much sums up my opinion too, having only recently tested F1RFT.

It feels dated, like going back to some older F1 Challenge mods, and I also understand what you say about driving 'half a car' - the rear does feel quite strange and it's difficult to judge when it will lose traction.

The sound as you mentioned is quite awful and the volume changes and sound changes made me wonder if the throttle was cutting out sometimes (maybe it is, I still don't know). :?

Anyway, I'm happy to use it, but I echo your feelings of disappointment - after all the criticism of MMG and all the support for F1RFT I was expecting something a bit better than this.
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

hi guys,

for the once that dont now i put here a reminder for the F1RFT Mod,

many now already but tought ill do it anyway,
when u done install the Mod,
its important that u change the physics to 2008,

if u install the mod and dont do noting else, than tracks and other patches, i believe u will drive or have a Mod with 2007 physics,

so when u done install the mod, go in ure map rfactor,
there u see a mapfile with the name utils.
when u open it u see in it, red box with Start .exe,
klick on that u will see a window with 2007, 2008. and more names,
klick on 2008 for install the 2008 physics,

thats it and u soppose to be owke,

tnx,
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

thkx ingo for the tips about f1rt08
i just try the 2008 physic whit it at barahain
5 laps test
1.29.2 whit f1rt08
mmg08 1.30.1 :D but mmg i did about 25 laps
atm im driving both mod so ill be ready if we switch mod lolllll
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I think it's safe to say that the NA div Bahrain race will be done using MMG as it is on this Sunday (April 20th)... That's not much time left to do a mod switch (if there is one) and still have a life...
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

I have a question and I don't want to start anything...but..... how on GOD'S earth did they come up with 08 physics???????????????
or are they just 07 physics with the 08 branding. :shock:
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Jeff-B RF

Post by Jeff-B RF »

Ingo has asked I input.

Reason I couldnt race with NAR.
Cant figure 2 setups when so different.
Reason i went with RFT, it was ready to go and is 2008 skins.
Only thing against MMG was the physics, not saying they are wrong only that they didnt do what I expected.

New mmg physics may change this position.
Switch to RFT may change position.
No change at NAR, no change in position.

MHO and position, as requested.