5000th post to anounce website update (v2008)

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

5000th post to anounce website update (v2008)

Post by Flow »

Hi all, as Span KingPin decerned to me by DanTheman, i will use my 5k post to anounce the update of the website.
As i mentioned earlier, i had to update from Joomla 1.0 to 1.5, adn the template used was no longer working. So i choose another one as basis, and i updated this to fits NAR. Few minor things need to be done on it, sutch as table backround of all stats displayed, cause some column merge togheter, CSS have to be fixe. Also, archive stats of 2006 and 2007 race result. Few more feature to put on, but for now, it is fully working and you can use it as good tool to get major informations about our race season. Complete drivers listing is not clear to read for now, tab alignement, but you can consult eatch team information. Non official race result have been updated by Bilbo already, result will be official as soon as Admin will review all drivers races, and penality applied if needed.

For now, if you want to register, it wont give you nothing more than what public is seeing. maybe in future, it will give some private privilege. your email adress wont be public and wont be use unless NAR have important message or reminder about race to do, then you will be warn in forum that this function will be use. Please, would be great if you use same username as in Forum. For now, it will only display whos online on the website. As soon as PHPBB and Joomla will release the bridge, the forum and website will communicate between them your user and password, it will display on both if your online on one or the other. Remind that password are secret, even to superadmin of website, we can only reset a new password, but we cant see what it is.

Enjoy your 2008 season, and welcome to the 7th year of NoAidsRacing league!

http://www.noaidsracing.com/
NAR.F1 driver
Firefly

Re: 5000th post to anounce website update (v2008)

Post by Firefly »

It looks really nice, and good to have so much information available.

Plus the 'tips and tricks' section... I actually didn't know you could stop the pit crew from repairing damage (damage that isnt affecting the car). That would've saved me a good bunch of time last season and also during my pit stop in Australia. lol Glad to have learnt something new.

Well done on the update. :)
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: 5000th post to anounce website update (v2008)

Post by Flow »

Happy to know that so fast, something was realy usefull. If any have other tips like that, just send me a PM (Private mail) and i will put it on web. Anything that you had problem with and you feel that could be usefull to others about the game, mod or track. If i have to mutch, then i will display it in a FAQ style page.

One that comes in my head right now, is to understand the different penality icon <stop and Go> and <Drive trought>. Including me, im not shure that all of us can make the difference when it appears, and what to do to avoid Pit crew working on car instead of doing penality and getting things worst and have to come back again to pay your penality.
NAR.F1 driver