NA Australia race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA Australia race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... tralia.zip (17.4MB, contains race and qual. replays)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Re: NA Australia race, post your comments here...

Post by SteveB »

Well like I posted in the other threads...I am very sorry for what happened at the start. :oops: :oops:

I know I upset a few guys..I will try very hard for this NOT to happen again.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I first got a surprising 5th place in Q which I did not really expect given the number of fast drivers around for this 1st race.

My race start was kinda slow, which might not have helped the situation behind much. I switched positions a few times with Carrera in the first couple of laps, each taking advantage of the other's errors, until Carrera spun behind me. After Mario crashed, we were left with McLarens 1-2, which was looking good as there was a few seconds gap behind me. All was going well until lap 10 when I spun at T3 and managed to stall the car in the sand trap. End of race, better luck next time...
2010 NA div. Admin
Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Man 3 different Race post :lol:

Well I got in to the derby up front there was no way out
Oh well I guess we race and learn I hope.

Losing some parts I limped back to the garage and got fixed up well more like patch upped :lol:
The car drove not great but I thought I would try and test as best as possible.
I did ok with what I had I know I did some mistakes and a few track cuts so I DNF myself.

Is was all about testing for me anyway at this point.

I have to say I did learn a couple of things and I hope others did to.

CU in Malaysia
Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
carrera

Post by carrera »

Hello fellow racers,
Well I don't know where to begin here.I had no idea until the race start that we have no restarts whatsoever.I spun my wheels a bit off the start and was wacthing my rear views watching the carnage behind me.A ferrari sideways right in front of half the pack.That was it for half the racers right there.As far as I can remember when starting here at Nar we always had the option of a restart at least once as I think we agreed that it could cost us members eventually.I did notice however that I could not hear my engine over all the other engines at the start.That cost me some wheelspin.I'll have to turn down the opponent engine volume I think.I could hear Flow when he was 2 seconds behind me catching me.I spun somewhere in the beginning and backed the car into the wall getting back on track in front of flow barely.The car still drove ok but it cost me in the pits for repairs.I spun many times in this race but flow and I had a good matchup for quite a few laps as well as Bilbo who was running less wing than I.I had to run hard tires because I have not tested race distances with soft yet but it turned out ok.A good start to the season for me but not for half the pack that got taken out.Hopefully next race will be better and no Steve B. I am not ragging on you cuz all the NAR vets know I have done same thing in past years and so have they.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

hi guys :D
sorry i post my race comment on a wrong post so if some want to know what happen to me just read the post in NA RACE( only) :P cya on track friends
Echoshill

Post by Echoshill »

Reading this sentence will take more time than my Albert park race took to end.

M
There is no limit to my inability and I am willing to prove it.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Ok, my turn to comment the race. I didnt watch the replay yet, but im feel sorry for you guys that sew their race end at start, but this is racing and it even hapen in real race (except majority get pay crash or not, we dont :wink: ).

Qualif : My qualif was not bad, i knew that Marion didnt done his Pb, so i got little nervous that i was maybe able to get the pole, but i did a mistake, almost lost the car when my rear end slide, just lucky to kept it on track.

Race : I was suprise to get 1st at T1, but i felt that this was the worst place to be, since Mario was folowing me and i didnt know how he will react behind me. I was fighting with my cold tire and mirror driving that we went almost side by side on T3 (i think) we slightly contact and i had to go on vibe to avoid (or maybe i was not in position to be on inside) but i tried it and spun. i was now 7th. I was disapointed, but was still fun to have a chalenge of 7 cars in front, and aways hope to get to top. Carrera was a strong oponent. I was folowing him and was trying hard to push to pass, but slight mistake putting me back eatch time, so i decide to only folow, to alow both of us to reach Juan +/- 12 sec in front. I was lucky to pit in 2 laps later than Carrera and Juan. My pit 3 was 6 laps more late than them, they lost time, i exit Pit 3 in face of Juan.

Carrera? I was hearing Juan for the last 15 laps in my ass at .5, like you said, that engine sounds is just anoying on your nerves enough to get you crazy!!! :twisted: :lol: . I fight so mutch to keep the .5 distance, but 2 laps before end, mist a braking point pushing too mutch and i touche vibe, 360 in Juan face and finish 2nd behind him of few seconds. Keeping up with Juan and Carrera was a fight of 59 laps, so same equal performance, too bad that some DNF, we seem to be alot on same race pace.

That was an great 1st race, im happy to see that Qualif was so close, and i think that all driver will find a similar oponent.

HOW I DO A KIND OF MANUAL LC START
I will reveal how i start race with less chance of spun : i put 1st gear, full trottle, and i hit the SPEED LIMITER, start by releasing neutral button, engine reatch rev limit, once i notice that its safe enough to not loose control, i release Speed limiter and rev max 1st gear or just change in 2nd, and there i go. It is not always easy, cause if you release Speed limiter too late, you will kind of top your speed at a XX km/h and driver in back can hit you if he think your going to accel normaly. So this is a suggestion, TEST it, but watch out, it can be your ennemy. As far as i know, this is legal, speed limit is not probihited out of pit. So its a kind of Manual LC :!:
Last edited by Flow on 01 Apr 2008, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Well I (know it is a race incendent) But it is really hard to here it.
All I can say is we need to really practice And I do mean Practice our race start's.
And I don't say or mean this like I am Mr. innocent but I do recommend spending some good time practices our starts.

For me
I assign a button for the Clutch on the wheel
At the Start I push in the Clutch put the car in first gear.
At the track lights I bring up the revs not very high on green I pop the clutch and as the car moves out I throttle up.
It works great for me.
Of course I have been doing it this way since 2002 F1 but I did practice a lot to get used to it.
And once you get it down you will find it faster the LC ever was.

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I use a technique similar to Hitman, although my starts are relatively slow. The "as the car moves out I throttle up" part is what makes or breaks your start. I usually play it safer to prevent spinning (which I don't do very often) but if I'm nearer to the front then the guys behind often have to brake or move around. Having a slow start while at the back can actually be a good thing since it gives you more time to react to a driver that doesn't launch in front of you or to go around the corpses lying around...
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

But in front, you have to move as fast as possible to get far enough from back field trouble comming up at T1 at 280km/h :mrgreen: That is my worst moment, getting hit from behind before i escape trought T1.
NAR.F1 driver
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

you have to be so low on the revs in MMG, go up on the lowest green light and you're too high. think i used around 14000rpm
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

hummm i was about 8000rpm here at start i will practice more my start to see what the best thing to do :D
carrera

Post by carrera »

Hi guys,
I do what hitman does because I have a clutch.My revs are about 8 to 10000 rpm as well and maybe half throttle and drop the clutch.This time I could not hear the engine so I got major wheelspin but got away clean.The rev limiter is as good as LC if it is used right but as flow said.Wait to long and you get the F1 enema from behind.too early and you'll spin for sure.I am much better using the clutch in this mod but used the rev limiter in Limpys mod.I'm sure we'll all get used to it ,after all,it was our first race together anyway.Lots of nerves there on edge and simple mistakes happen.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Juan G

Post by Juan G »

Hi guys,
I'm very happy :D to win the first race with some luck I guess, having Mario, Flow, Carrerra, Flow and others alliens on track.
My Q went well my time was close to the practice and surprice 3th place.

Race, I got easy start, I'm using the cluch with the G25 wheel and I did pract few starts before the race, so went easy at T1, Flow and Mario pushing for and they went side by side at T4 and Flow spun, now I'm on second place, Mario was flying 10+ afther 4 laps and then all of the suden sow him spun at T6.
Now I'm getting more nervous, P1 and Bilbo second hoping for an 1-2, but 2 laps later Flow is on P3 last thing I want to see him on my back, but I notice that I was avaible to keep the gap 12+ sec.

Everithing went well until my second pit stop I did one mistake, with cool tires over run at T3 and lost 13 sec :evil: ending behind to Carrrera afther his second pit stop, lucky for me that He spun, now Flow is 23 second on front of me enough time for him to exit on front but the gap was .5 sec, 14 or 15 laps to go, what a fight since then until lap 57 when He spun at T6 almost hit him.
Afther take it easy and finesh. :D .
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

My starts are the same as Hitman, Carrera and Bilbo.
I have my clutch assigned to the shifter (Black Momo) I think I had my revs up too high when the lights went green.
I had practiced a couple of starts before the race and they went well.

My apologies again to the others who got caught in the carnage.
It wasn't intentional.

I have been practicing my starts so hopefully there won't be a repeat.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
To Steve B.
You have Apologized already
(So I can not speak for everyone but for me it is done.
Please no more apologizes we are all or most grown ups and know shit happens.
Glad to here you are practicing this to me means more that you acknowledge where you need to spend time at.
Like me I need to work on my (Well everything) but my Steering. :lol:

But this is a good conversation and we are getting good input from it.

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
brad

Post by brad »

sorry for starting the other thread, at the time, there was no na race thread.

steve-b, no worries, thats racing. I know we technically hit you, it just does not feel like that while its happening! I flipped over you, lol

Anyway, qualify sucked, made some mistakes on my own,and then some mistakes from lag (im dealing with some graphics lag sometimes since the switch to vista, hopefully a new card is in my future. (6600gt right now)) I had my work cut out for me, but felt ok, was 4th in warmup, and I was on a one stopper (yup, back to that :) Would start low28, quickly get into 27, then end last 10laps or so in 26s, I thought a podium was realistic if i could get through T1, ends up I didnt have to worry about it. Gotta look at the calander to see if I can make the next one, im back in DFW, and will be for this weekend and maybe the next.
Koma

Post by Koma »

sup everyone i'll be back to racing soon. I'm still busy moving around to other home. soon will see u guys on track. :)
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

HEY! as is told to admin Koma usualy gets out his name, lol Nice to see that you are going to be on track with us again this year. You still have your seat open for you.
NAR.F1 driver