Need some help with my rfactor please

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Need some help with my rfactor please

Post by Flow »

My rf game cant open saying it cant connect to the website. Is it a problem on my side? I cant remember, but something can be change in the player file or something like that, any know what?

The error message say (in french) that :

or im not connected to internet : false, browser is working
or website is down : i dont know withc website, rf.net?
or the adress have a mistake : witch adress?

Any can help me? Thanks
NAR.F1 driver
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

i remmember i had some problem like that before, that was when i instal my rFactor again,

so what i did is install it over 1150, and than the 1250 and than the 1255F update, and all was good again,

looks like if u do not install it good it dont accept it,

do u have backups frm rFactor, try to start a backup, see if its the same problem,

hpe it helps a bit, :)
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Ok, the only thing that was not done as usual, is that my rf was running with no internet, then i connected my cable (internet) and i close my game and restart computer. After that, cant open back rf, just like if rf is stuck with and older IP, and now he dont switch to the new IP. Where is file of game it says to rf to get internet IP adress? then i may not have to reintall everything... i hope...
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Change the following line in your PLR file:

Disable NetComm="0" // If 1, network features are disabled

Set the value to "1". RF should start even if you have no network but, of course, you won't be able to race online...

As a side note, the rF sites including RaceCast (*.rfactor.net) had problems in the last few days...
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Thanks, but i was doing the supper, came back to my computer and decide just to test again my game, and it open correctly. I did nothing, probably the game grab my new IP adress after beeing in <sleep> mod... i cant see nothing other than that.
NAR.F1 driver