MMG F107 comment

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

i am Downloading MMG Server Edition, :wink:

i hope its much better so we can start this Season, :)
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

Im downloading too! :D :D :D

This is exciting! New F1 mod.....finally! :D
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
philmax

Post by philmax »

exciting? :roll:
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Tracks

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello Guys and Admins

I am getting the Dedi Server setup for practice and testing.
Do we know what tracks we will be using the MMG Track pack or other.

Thanks
Hitman
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

well I think it would be nice to use the MMG track pack.

Up to you though Hitman
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

carrera

Post by carrera »

Hello fellow racers.
I joined the server yesterday along with Ingo and Steve B and Brad(the speedemon)Jaeger and of course MAC who so very politely kicked our asses at least when I was in there...LOL...I didn't like it at first because one of my sim tests is to put the weight all the way backward which should make the backend undrivable but the front end lots of grip.Well it compromised on that but I was impressed with the car and physics enough to get to like it after 32 laps.Best I could pull was a 1:26 332 not on race setup but with 10 laps fuel.Major changes to the car do not affect it as much as in F1 RFT.I could easily run this mod all year with only a few base setups.The track is a-ok as well.I mentioned of course that these cars are good over the curbs.That may avoid alot of spins this year in itself.We may have alot more close finishes because of that.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

The thing that i notice, is that once we got 4 nar drivers in the server, it went crowdy with average of 18 drivers for at least the hour i spent in the server. Is it the fact of the mod is new? Also few mentioned that they were happy to find a noaids server, 100% natural (MMG with no modification and MMG Melbourne track with no MM) I gess that some already changed setting and need some update or track pack different from MMG. Great news. Last night, at least 4 drivers show their intererst to join us. 3 serious and 1 special request that probably wont give him a seat.
NAR.F1 driver
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I only did a few laps so far (in the NAR server).

I've noticed my car spins under braking all the time, I'm not sure why.

There were a lot of non-NAR drivers on the server. Normally I would say this is a good thing, but nearly all of them were constantly trying to advance to the next session, or telling us to vote to advance to the next session. They obviously wanted to race.

It annoyed me so much in the end that I left the server.
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Ok, then if those voting is bathering most of nar member, then just ask server host to not alow voting. Host can post the /admin pass to administrate the server to restart session if needed.
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda

Very Nice

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
I am very impressed with the MMG f1 Mod server edition

It took me a few laps (40) to adjust my settings and a setup but it felt very good to me. After I got some laps in

My self these are the best physics that I have felt in a very long time.
And you really feel like you are driving.

I still need to practice more and learn more on setup but I like that.

The cars are beautiful and give a great FPS at least on my comp.

The Track pack is very goos also although there is a couple of things that should be fixed (Not that it is underivable )
1. Theres a couple of places on track where the tar looks very whirred like sparkly that took some getting used to you will see at turn 2 or 3 depending how you see the track :lol:
2. the cars do not sit right in the pit garage
Again this is not a big thing
3. the pit entrance is wrong
but again not a big deal

And please I am not complaining about this just pointing out what I see and feel.

I do here that MMG & company are working on the tracks and maybe this is part of the fixes that are coming (Not sure) I also beleave they are tring to get release permissions.

All in All this is a great Mod & Track combo
And we could have a great season with this setup

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

yeah i must say once you get used to it its kinda good... but it took some 40ish laps :)

1.24.3 , bring it on!...wonder how fast we will end up lol
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

As from what i seen, 24 was the PB i saw. Average was more in 26-27 and even more, but it was kind of 1st night of practice.

I think that admin took a good decision to wait for MMG mod, Any of you notice that we are heading for a full grid in Euro and Na division for the 1st race? Euro is full i think (or just 1-2 open) and Na is same, have only 2 seats left if we consider the request sent today. All this is possible cause we use a great mod, no update (up to now) + basic track, verry simple to join.

We only need to wait the awnser of admin about Relay Anticheat, and Here we GO!
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda

Server testing

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
I guess to post this here is just as good as anywhere else.

To Admins
Since we are looking at full grids
May be we need to get a server testing with full grids going to see how it goes.
Please consider this and maybe put a date together might have to be a weekday eve or a Saturday since it is Easter this Sunday just a heads up.

On a great note I can not wait to race on a full grid wow it will be like.
our world champion event at the end of the season.
Flow wrote:
We only need to wait the anwser of admin about Relay Anti cheat, and Here we GO!
I thought I read this was already discussed and the No Relay was settled.
I will have to look around but I am sure the Announcement of no relay with other things came up

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

I was told that up to now, no relay for some crash problem occured in at eatch race we used it. So euro will probably dont use it also, but this is an admin call.
NAR.F1 driver
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

well euro didnt have a single problem exept for some personal issues for someone once or twice i think....

the reason im on it is cause i dont want cheaters, for the first thing we have new drivers..secondly, even though we think we know everyone, we can never be sure. and why not, for the euro side, use someting that works?
NA i can understand but...yeah, cant remember we had a problem at all last year...?

But the single think i really miss is the listing when you always see if someone is on the server driving, so you can join them.

DP, ingo?
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I think we should continue using Relay too.

I never had any big problems when using it last season.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

kaffemaskin wrote:But the single think i really miss is the listing when you always see if someone is on the server driving, so you can join them.
That feature is available through RaceCast (when it works).
2010 NA div. Admin
klaaz

Post by klaaz »

racest sux....check out Relays new rFactor live feature :)
I talk too much....
Flow
Spam kingpin

Re: MMG F107 comment

Post by Flow »

Kaffe, you post this in Euro race result, i didnt want to reply in it, cause your comment was good there, but my reply wouldnt be in the good thread, so i drop your line here :
kaffemaskin wrote:yeah maby we should reconcider the mod choise seeing there now are 2 different leauges with the old NAR drivers. I quite like MMG, but ive not really tried that other one...whatever its called. cause im not sure i want to put some time into a season with under 10 drivers.
Your Euro server had 10 drivers for the race, that is 1 less than F1FRT league on Relay (i dont know the name of league). Up to now, 2 NAR drivers are running NAR + F1FRT, and 3 NAR are running only F1FRT. Did any tought that maybe if F1FRT was choosen, how many would of join a MMG league? Remember that more people you are, more chance that you cant please them all, but at least, you have to do your best in the interest of all member.

This is not a fight, but only my way of seeing it, for now. We just hope that we can find more drivers for Euro, cause usualy Euro start with 17-19 member and finish season with 7-8, at least, the 10 in last race were steady driver (i think)
NAR.F1 driver
Coffeemachine

Re: MMG F107 comment

Post by Coffeemachine »

we cant discuss away this problem that easily im afraid :P

relay has limpy, klaaz, mkl, RC, JeffB now they also have drago. Thats 6 less in our races roughly just there.
I also signed up cause im not so much about practicing, and more about racing full grids and having fun (dont mind what mod it is really).
Now relay seems to be a full grid, and that together with the fact that they use the relay software so you always can see who are on the server and quite unilke nar actually drive some with your fellow leauge friends during the weeks, gives me a hard choise.
Cause i dont really care about winning or anything, i just want to have fun - and a 10grid race isn't fun imo.

And this is where the problem lies, its not just that it's 3 drivers. And if I, for example, decide to drive with relay - i'd still get to drive with sailsy and ingo who are running both. So really there are more of last seasons NARdrivers in RELAY then in NAR at this moment. PLUS the fact that RELAY seems to have a full grid.