MMG F107 comment

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

MMG F107 comment

Post by Flow »

Good comment : Great mod, excellent FPS up to now for me, i like the car, feeling is great (up to now with no toutch to setup, pit out as is)

Humm comment : If feel some Tc, not shure about it, but this can bring a high level of battle between driver, cause when good fight, always one spun, and it screw the fun...

Bad comment : I cant see my mirror (Renault) in my front vision, i dont want to do like real and dont want to turn my head to see my mirror, this if for real driver.

My Question : It is called public version, so i think that all car have different performance? Will we have a league version? When? Cause i cant practice setup on a car that i wont driver later, unless league car are based on Ferrari setup (or McLaren) then i will start with those while waiting for my Renault to be equal to others...

Cant wait to start the season.

Do you admin have a clue on when we will know about the final Mod? and witch track we will use? I dont want fight here about track, im just in a hurry to start practicing :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cya!
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

So far

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Well I have only done a few laps so

But the
Models are fantastic

Physics I don't know From what I think there is not much (If any) difference from the demo. Really seems gripping to me and lacks power. Could be my setup could be I need more practice with it. Do know

The sounds well they are just ok to me plus theres that weired downshift sound then theres the way the car revs on pit exit.
I hear there is a fix coming so in the mean time I am using my own little mix.

The Mirrors is a big issue you can see them if you set the FOV to like 80 but man it seems far away until you get used to it.

Flow wrote:
It is called public version, so i think that all car have different performance? Will we have a league version? When? Cause i cant practice setup on a car that i wont driver later, unless league car are based on Ferrari setup (or McLaren) then i will start with those while waiting for my Renault to be equal to others...
This version is actually for off liner racing The League Server version
(They say) Could be released to night (Sunday)
This versions Physic are different for each car but what is being said the differences are very small so small that the Honda is beating a Ferrari :lol:

I have a problem
With the Melbourne track something about the mas file anyone else getting this error. I do not have any other Melbourne track installed.

Hitman
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Hi guys,

here u have what i uploaded, for the Mirrors, try and see if its anygood.
try it and see if u guys like it, cause if so we have to put it on Server,
its for Ferrari Redbull, Renault, Torroroso,
http://forumserver.zapto.org/NAR/viewtopic.php?t=2906

i uploaded sound to, its from a guy that wan something diffrent, sounds good to me, but we gonna get a new Sound by MMG, donno when :wink:

http://forumserver.zapto.org/NAR/viewtopic.php?t=2905

and yes there is a Low TC in the Mod, looks like u cannot put it off, but we asked MMG already for a solution, or when the Server Edition for Leagues gonna get out,

about tracks the idea is to use the 4 tracks from MMG, or the Tracks from 2007 from STeveB, this is all in the hands from SteveB, so stay tuned,

cyaaa
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Hi Guys,

Just use the tracks we used last season.
I don't know what happened to the track pack but I will try to find out.

HITMAN are you using the trackpack that MMG posted??
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Ruben Miranda

Track prob

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello

SteveB Wrote:
HITMAN are you using the trackpack that MMG posted??
Yes SteveB I am using the MMG Tracks

If I can I will try to redownload the track pack see if I just got a bad DL.

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Drago(ITA)

Post by Drago(ITA) »

guys , i posted this on mmg forum :

First of all , thanks for the mod.
I tested a Ferrari at MMG Melbourne , which suppose to force the mid wings upgrade.
Someone noticed the different top speed among the cars, but no one till now talked about the way the maximum speed is reached.
It just happen in a weird way ; it's like the car suddendly loose some power , then it gain some other little speed , but the theorical max speed is never reached completely.
It is not a matter of gears , wings or ride heigh , it is something wanted in the phisic of the car according to the wings upgrade you choose in lobby.
This should be more progressive and not so sudden like it is.
Something weird happens also for traction control: i feel like a sort of little tc even if i drive with no aids at all.
I'd like to hear comments on this from the creators of the mod.
Thx.
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Hitman I didn't get to download the track pack, can you tell me when you unzipped it were the tracks in an MMG folder?
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

brad

Post by brad »

i agree with drago, I too have noticed the power loss, then on again bit. I am driving the bmw at mmg melbourne, and i notice the most on the front straight, and only in 6th and 7th gears.

I too have noticed the little bit of traction control, hopefully they will have that fixed. All in all, very nice, it does feel down on power, and maybe a tad to much grip, but who knows.

Im having good FPS with it was well, can actually run the graphics a bit higher than normal. (i did just install another gig of ram, so that might help as well, hopefully with have a xfx 8600gts or maybe 9600gt soon. id love an 8800gtx, but dont have $500 to drop on a card!)
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Is the lack of power thain a sudden gain of speed have something to do with draft problem? Is it giving you some draft were you are not supose to? I notice that on low gear, when you accel, you feel the low sound then a higher rev sound, maybe the sound is fouling us, unless you reatch a kind of "kickdown" :wink: low start gear then it zip, and it is maybe weird on 7th gear... im not a wiz, just trying to make my hamster work, but i cant realy help out.

For the little Tc, as i say, im not 100% against it.
+ : In a full grid race, this is good, it will be closer between us.
- : On a personal chalenge, i would not like to have Tc at all.
NAR.F1 driver
brad

Post by brad »

nope, it was doing the power up and down thing in private testing, no draft
Ruben Miranda

Bugs bugs bugs :-)

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
I just got home hope to do some laps when I rest a little.

SteveB wrote
Hitman I didn't get to download the track pack, can you tell me when you unzipped it were the tracks in an MMG folder?
Yes the track pack is in a MMG Folder but it is or has a lot of sub folders you have to open before you get to the tracks them selves.

They need to put together a readme on how to install.
Ushally it is Gamedata- Locations- Track and the track goes in to the Locations folder.
Maybe they want to have it loaded diffrent not sure.

I will check it in a few

Hitman
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

For the track pack, i only dropped the "rfactor" forlder that was zip in "trackpack". All track works fine, except "spain". Didnt check why yet.
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda

OK Tracks

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
I got the track problem figured out.
It seems that MMG set it up to where you put the MMG folder in the locations folder.
Anyway The tracks seem to be working
Now to find some time and do some laps.

May be after dinner I will get in there.

Also Phil Sosa posted that the Server Edition will not be out today or to night.
Good chance it will be out Monday it he can fix the bugs and all.

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

for Australia ....if it isn't loading look in your locations folder and if you have a MELBOURNE folder there pull it out to your desktop then the MMG one will work.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

wish we could just use limpy physics, they are the best out there..period :)

but im a bit confused, can you buy updates and stuff to the car so it goes faster. and will they release a different version that we will use? are the cars equal at this moment or not? ...and why the hell did they make it this understeery. ive just tried a little, but i had to go to 50/20 wings at malaysia and the car still didnt go to oversteery. i mean, it just feels like there should be a setting, even for 20degrees rear wing, to make the car spin at high speeds if you turn too sharp. not that i want it to, but it should be possible...i find these physics a bit weird

then again, cant really bash them too much cause i havnt tried it much, and im sure setups will improve...
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

MMG 2007 TRACK
F1Mods release a V1 of Melbourne and Malaysia track :
http://www.f1mods.com/downloads_tracks.htm
Notes: Base Release. AI codes will be fixed up for V2. Reduced Bumps & Fixed GDB.

FSONE 2006 MOD
For those interested in FSone2006_v1.3 (update and FULL install) :
http://www.f1mods.com/downloads_mods.htm
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

MMG SERVER EDITION ON THE WAY

Posted on F1mods.com :
03/13/2008 - Sick of waiting again? Got a league to run? Model fixes, physics fixes, sound fixes, add-on mirrors and more are all on the way. It is believe we could see a release before the start of the weekend.

Also check out our latest new download section as we are now posting more frequently downloads, including MMG fixed tracks.

http://f1mods.com/
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Hi Guys,

MMG F1 2007 SERVER EDITION will be released right after the AUSTRALIAN GP.

I would like at this time to ask if anyone would like to set up a DEDI server for us to do some testing tomorrow (Sunday March 17th, 2008)
I tried so many times to set one up but I keep getting JOIN TIMED OUT errors.

CHEERS

Steve B 8)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Ruben Miranda

Fantastic

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Wow I can not wait for this I have been biting at the bit waiting for this.

I can set my Dedi Server up Tomorrow (Sunday)
I will post the Info as soon as it is ready.

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Thank You HITMAN :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN