Winter fun races?

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Well

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Well Flow the only real problem with the points thing is that
Fabio (AKA Drago) is still carrying extra weight to slow himself down.
so it is a unfair advantage to him. If we where to put points in I would want and expect Drago to remove the extra weight and then he would lap us all like we where not there and take the fun out of the whole race for himself and others.
As it is he is beating us with the weight penalty and he is not even rubbing it in.

The races so far have been great fun and I think some of that comes from no pressure of getting points or anything we are just there for fun.

By the Way we missed you today (Flow) hope you will be able to make the next one.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
carrera

Post by carrera »

What a day,
Everyone started to show up at the house 2 minutes before the frikkin race.Pretty hard to race with everyone standing there watching...LOL>..I just gave up after a couple laps.Boon didn't get back from Quesnel in time for the race and I had to race on an old x 800 and a momo steering wheel.I still tried to have a blast but it was pointless as I was the host of the house that everyone was showing up at.I just said "#$%$ it "and went upstairs and mixed a half and half drink of wisers whiskey and coke.After that I was feeling pretty good.I was definitley not ready for that race.I could not keep that backend in line in that first corner in qualify or practise.I will be seriously working on that for next race.I got tagged a few times but minor damage.Nothing serious and I could have kept going if I didn't have to yak at everyone who was watching me from behind...LOL...distractions distractions.Next race will hopefully be better fellow racers.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Your right Hitman, but i will keep the top 3 listed under the track name in the forum. :D I coundt join, i was doing an activity with family. My wife have only wednesday and Sunday of holiday eatch week, so sunday is pretty busy now that im starting back to work (2 weeks holiday is over...).
NAR.F1 driver
Drago(ITA)

Post by Drago(ITA) »

Hitman:
Fabio (AKA Drago) is still carrying extra weight to slow himself down.
so it is a unfair advantage to him. If we where to put points in I would want and expect Drago to remove the extra weight and then he would lap us all like we where not there and take the fun out of the whole race for himself and others.
I have no problem to reset the points now and continuing have weigh penalty .I care more about fun on track instead of collecting points .
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Me to was driving with weight, just to level it out with drago and others, i think it was pretty close hehe. Infact i never looked at the points at all, just wanted to have some fun on track. :wink:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Np, point are erased, this will keep the fun in the even.
NAR.F1 driver
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

yooo,

u guys try SardianheightsShort already, damn thats a small street, i need some rubber around my Car, i dont think i missed or left 1 wall without touching, at the begining atleast,

after a few laps, i get a bit used to it, but finish without touching the walls here is gonna be worst than be infront, :wink: :?

did a 0.36.xxx need more practise
Ruben Miranda

Maybe a change

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
To be honest I have not tested or tried Sardian hights at all ever (Been busy)
I picked this track from the location folder never really looked at it.
But I have been advised that this is not a great track for our Fun event.
Reason's
To short
To Tight
and not much fun.
Well it is Tuesday night so 5 days to the race.

I would like to here from others about this
Can we change it and to what Track please give your opinion.

Tomorrow Wednesday I will take all advise and will look at other track's
And we can make the change.

Maybe Sardian long will be better (Don't know have not been there either):lol:

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

what About the Diablo Hills instead off SardianHeight short,

that track is the last, and about that time we must be more practising for F1, so if u all dont mind i like to see Diablo Hill for this Sunday,

or lets do sardian heigts with low damage, like 10 or 0% damage
philmax

Post by philmax »

yeah this track suck sardian very bad track for me :? :wink:
carrera

Post by carrera »

Well,I have been in the .35 second range but one question.Where do you pass someone..holy smokes that could result in harsh words let me tell you.I have already caved the front of my car in many times...LOL...but I will race it if I have to.There would be some serious DNF's for sure here.What say the rest of you?
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Lets do Diablo Hills, and after that race we do a short 5 laps race at sardian just to check out if the bmw's are bumpercar proof :lol: :lol:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Ruben Miranda

Track change

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello All
The NAR winter fun DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ingo Wrote:
that track is the last, and about that time we must be more practicing for F1, so if u all don't mind i like to see Diablo Hill for this Sunday,
I think Ingo's plan is a good one
So we will be racing at Diablo hills this Sunday and we will finish the Winter Fun one week early and get back to F1.

You can get Diablo hills here.
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cf ... 20Hills%20
Make sure you get 2.1 with the cone fix and update.

I will load it on the server as soon as possible as the server do's not allow Active X so I am having problems downloading it.

Please let everyone know that you see of this change.

Thank you
Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

i got a new pc this week but i am having problems with getting an activation code so it is doubtfull i can make this weeks race :(
insert funny comment here please
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

if u have the first code u get in ure e-mail, it shut not be so problem,

what i think u have to do is install the 1150, and the 1250, and update the game to the 1255F, and than try the game, sometimes it ask for activation,

it worked for me, might help u, :wink:

cyaaa
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Ingo wrote:what i think u have to do is install the 1150, and the 1250, and update the game to the 1255F, and than try the game, sometimes it ask for activation,
If you go that way, make sure you don't start the game before you have patched to 1255F, otherwise you will needlessly "lose" one of your activations, if you had any left, as 1255 requires an activation no matter if you had previous versions (other than 1255, of course) activated or not...
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

unfortunately i am out of activations , trymedia seem to be ignoring my email , i tried pming gjon at rsc hopefully he will help :(
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

I had same problem im sure Gjon will help you cuz he helpd me to, he has reset the counter (you can activate 3 times) however you buyed by mail so they just reset youre counter and you can activate again.

I mailed him and within 2 days i got mine activation code again. :wink:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

yep you were right Mark :)

he reset the activations for me , i am stilol having a few problems with my old monitor but i might be able to get a new on by saturday if i am lucking lol
Ruben Miranda

Diablo up

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello All
Ok we got the Diablo track loaded on the server and it seems to be running.

I went in just to make sure but I did not do any laps yet.
If some one has time can they check it out and check the cones. I did the patch but it is a exe flie and I am not sure it went right.

Let me know
I will try to do a few laps soon.

Hey DropKick
If I am reading you post right.
If you already had a working up to date RF with your patch to 1255F.
Just install everything on a the new Comp and get your trymedia folder from you old comp and putit in your new comp and start up RFactor you should not need to reactivate it.

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda