Winter fun races?

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

Hi Hitman,

I was going to try that , but having upgraded to vista on this nes pc it got rather complicated lol

gjon has kindly sorted it out for me , although i still need to get trymedia to change my email address , customer support does not seem much of a priority for them

i am having a problem transfering my user data to the new install though , i copied it all accross but for some reason rfactor does not see my old identity. it is puzzle as the locations file was easy enough to transfer , oh well i am sure i will work it out!

got a new 22" tft monitercoming tomorow (i hope) so rfactor is going to look very different to my 17" crt lol
insert funny comment here please
carrera

Post by carrera »

yo people,
Boon and I have been running the diablo hills track.I got squeezed into those cones and paid the price.dead stop....craaaaashhhh...but the track is a blast and no Drago never brags about kicking our asses Like NAR mArk used to.Drago has always helped us go faster and I thank him for that.He is a true friend to all NAR members.I am hoping that I am buttering him up enough that he gives me a new f1 mod setup...hahahah...LOL...the Itallion Stallion.Diablo hills is a fast track,lots of opportunities to pass people and lots of opportunities to drive off into the grass on some corners.Should be a blast come sunday.I look forward to it and so does Boon.He is just getting faster every week and It is hard to lose him even in traffic.this could prove to be interesting eh?
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Drago(ITA)

Post by Drago(ITA) »

I never drove at diablo hills . So this is my first time , and for sure i cannot be as fast as i am on tracks i know ;).
I will first do laps to learn the track , then i'll work on setup. As soon i do a good one i'll send to all as always :) .
I'll start practice later . Hope to see people on track .
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Testing at Diablo

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello Guys
I have not been here either so I did a few laps I think maybe 10.
I just wanted to check it out and test the cones.
and of course as Carrera Stated they are like stones on the Highway :lol:

There is a fix and I apparently installed it wrong
What I found that the Cone fix file zip that you download is a zip with in another zip in it (Man I hate when they do this crap I do not see why you put a zip in side a zip) for me when I unzipped the first one it showed a exe file but it was really another zipped folder. In any case there are 2 SCN.files in there 1 for Diablo and 1 for Mountain view.
These files make the cones movable and not solid rocks. :D
So you can get it at RFcentral.

The Server has already been fixed.

Oh yea I just Love that we can get air at the top of that one Hill that was just a blast. You get air then your rear wheel hit and grip and your front end comes up.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Drago(ITA)

Post by Drago(ITA) »

Did some lap yesterday , and installed the cone patch and it worked for me .
So for sure you used a wrong folder for it.
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

here the result from Diablo Hills2.

congrats to Sailsy, he did a good job, sorviving those hills,
Attachments
GRAB_070.JPG
(114.84 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Drago(ITA)

Post by Drago(ITA) »

First of all congrat to Sailsy , but then let me say sorry to Boom .
I sayd not fair words to him because of my crash while lapping him; i watched the replay and (being more calm :) )i noticed it was absolutely not his fault that caused my crash , it was just a my too optimistic line....... .
That's it...;)
Cu on track.
Ruben Miranda

Well

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Well I did not have much practice time at Diablo but I was still having fun.
Up until that left hander that was giving me a lot of trouble in practice took me out (I think it is turn 5) was pushing and I pushed a little to hard and could not bring it back in.
Was fun well it lasted :lol:

Cu you at Bathurst.
It is up and running on the server now.

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
carrera

Post by carrera »

Hello fellow racers,
That was a wild race and I also watched the replay.I am amazed that I didn't clip 3 peoples back end.Just grazed Ingo,Steve,and sven.Boon was sorry he clipped Steve on the fast left hander.He didn't even know he was that close.He also apologized for the Drago incident.Even though he was going as fast as he could he did bobble a bit on that downhill left hander and knew Drago was right there.He went out wide and Drago followed.Both hit the wall.Another racing incident but we had a blast anyway.We did the right thing by starting at the back though as our cars were a bit loose with medium tires.I felt bad for Brad though.I had gotten lost in the very same place in the trees the day before.Ended up DQ for me.Great battle with Dutch though until I went wide and let him go.I ended up trying to cut the chicane a little too much and end over end I went.Still had a blast racing and Boon is getting faster and cleaner all the time.It was great although the first start was a bust but the second was ok.See you in Bathhurst nutcases...LOL.,...wink
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
brad

Post by brad »

lol, thanks carrera. good race for me, got a good start the second time, sorry hitman and everyone on the stall on the first start, thats the reason everyone had problems, my bad. anyways, race was fun, i discoverd the 29 pace from fab and mark was race pace, :cry: i only had 25kilos on, so droping that wouldnt have helped. was just running my pace, spun at the exit of the right hander after the jump, knew i was going to hit the trees, but soft, rotated the car to take it broadside, figured probably no damage that way, looked right to pick up my glass of water, looked back and the trees were on the right. i thought i must have spun around, took off left, no track, got lost, slide down a big slope, race over :roll:
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

It was not realy race pace, it was just a few fast laps as i was chasing Drago after few laps the times dropped for me and was not able to stay close to drago until he crashed.

Anyway that chicane was quite a funny one though made 2 time a mistake there. First time i made a 360 as the back stepped out. The 2nd time in a confortable lead i got launched ahumm.,... :D well yeah i got launched and ended up in the bariers screwing up mine suspension. After that it was just finishing the race.

Fun race nice track.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Im not able to make it to tonites race at bathurst, all the best guys.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
carrera

Post by carrera »

I am not going to make it either guys.I have no choice but to work for a few hours.Boon however will still race as he has been practising all night.He is pretty damn good so far and hopefully will kick ass.
Carrera 8) 8) 8)
Ruben Miranda

Server anoucment

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello Guys

First sorry to here Carr ad Dutch ca not make it.

We are having Server problems so there are 2 Back ups up right now.
Dragos server (That seems to be working very well)
NOAIDSRacing.com
Can join threw RFactor or Relay

And
NAR Winter Fun (Hitman)
Mine has been tested a few times with up to 15 drivers with no real issues.
Can only join thru Rfactor

So we should be fine on one or the other We are on Dragos server at the moment.

Hitman
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

here the results from Bathurst,

congrats to Brad,

and welcom and congrats to Duck for finish the race, :wink:
Attachments
GRAB_071.JPG
(113.44 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
carrera

Post by carrera »

Well So much for that,
Boon won't be driving with us anymore.He knocked out Brad and after seeing the screenshot he has decided not to run the fun races or even try out for Nar this year.His own fault I guess.Anyway,so much for that.Maybe next year.
Carrera 8) 8) 8)
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

carrera wrote:Boon won't be driving with us anymore.He knocked out Brad and after seeing the screenshot he has decided not to run the fun races or even try out for Nar this year.His own fault I guess.Anyway,so much for that.Maybe next year.
Carrera 8) 8) 8)
Well, he can keep trying, those fun event are there for that, unless he realy feel not at ease. But he is welcome to practice session any time he want. Let him know that.
NAR.F1 driver
Drago(ITA)

Post by Drago(ITA) »

Sincerely i see no reason why Boom could not continue BMW races or even try NAR championship.
He is fair on track and what happened to him was only accidental. The guy is even quite quick , so it will be just a pity to loose him.
I consider his words told in the hurry of the event ;) , and not what he really think :) .
Hope to see soon Bonn and more guys on track for fun laps :) :)
Ruben Miranda

There is no need

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
I agree with Flow and Drago
There is no need for him to quit (Shit happens) We are not a bunch of babies
that would throw you out or want you to leave over accidental things.

Dam If that where true they would have thrown me out a long time ago. :D

Boon the only way to get better is to keep racing.
So don't leave Besides what makes you think you can leave you signed up at NAR to leave here is to leave your Family.

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
brad

Post by brad »

Boon, its no biggie, no worries. Yes, I was not to happy about it at the time, but shit happens, thats racin!!! only thing i would say is that when coming up on someone slower (i was definetly slower at the time) to maybe give a tad of room mid apex, i understand that you were trying to get a good drive out of the corner, just a bit too close maybe. Again, no worries, its just a game, and anything can happen and usually does!!