Winter fun races?

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

It was again a fun race. Qualif 3rd, with .032 behind Brad. I jump the start, had a driver trough penality, heu drive trough dont mean stop and go, lost 9 sec there + had to come back to make my drive trought. I manage to come back from 11 (?) last to catch up one at time untill i get to 2nd, with Carrera exit of pit in front of me at 1 sec + Drago in my ass. Now try to configure your stop fuel plus take off damage while having destroyed tire trap between Carrera and Drago! wheu, Drago got me easy. After my pit, i push so hard, we never know what can hapen in front, but i only catch up on 3rd from Jurgen. A 3rd is not bad, but i would prefer having to fight more for the lead.

Was still fun to fight with ohters while it last. Brad is again at the Hospital, dont know what hapend, but he crash hard at pit entrance. i only saw debries all over the place while i exit last curve. About that one, i did a 360 there, but playing with reverse and shift back up, i avoid walls and was able to keep up with only waiste of time.

Hope to cya at next race.
NAR.F1 driver
Steve

Post by Steve »

Fun while it lasted for me, lol, here is a link for the replay !!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1162T5I3
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

thanks for the replay, i just notice that i cause you alot of damage by bumping you in the wall. I tought i could of done the inside, but you did a Steve's driving by closing the inside at exit or curve, and to avoid and pass you i cut too mutch out of track, witch made me push you in wall. Sorry for that, realy bad move from me.

Here 2 same spun, at exit of last corner, but Brad went more unlucky than me. Give at least a full 20 seconds for the video to load, theirs is no loading bar (10mb) and i dont know why, but no sound, i cant put sound of car on my replay, wonder wy:

http://www.noaidsracing.com/nar/bradflowcrash.avi
Last edited by Flow on 31 Dec 2007, 03:13, edited 1 time in total.
NAR.F1 driver
Steve

Post by Steve »

That was a great save Flow, lol, I was watching you < after I crashed out > and couldn't believe you didn't hit anything !!
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Thans, well, as soon as i felt that i was going to go backward, i put in reverse and push trottle and tried to control the car backward to get away from the wall, then just spin back straight and kept it on.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Just for the fun of it, i put some extra info on the web page of BMW event.

I put the top 3 on the track column and i did a little fun championship point standing based on American BMW event (i didnt applied the 5 pts bonus for paticipating a race. But i use the same points distribution + 1 bonus point for being able to finish his race (in clear, DNF cant have that bonus point)

1st= 10 pts
2nd= 7 pts
3th= 5 pts
4th= 4 pts
5th= 3 pts
6th= 2 pts
7th= 1 pt

Scroll donw the page at bottom :
http://www.noaidsracing.com/index.php?o ... u=1&id=101

If this table breaks the Friendship of the event, i can remove it, i esitate doing it. I need your opinion. Any?
NAR.F1 driver
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

I will try to be there for orchard lake , i love that track , i just hope there are no play off games on at the same time
insert funny comment here please
carrera

Post by carrera »

Well it was fun race sort of...LOL...Brad wobbled a little bit in the s corner and I got past for second place.short lived as I spun and got my backend clipped by volker .Sorry dude.I tried to keep it off the track.After that my car handled like shit but I put it to the floor anyway.Drago dropped back and we battled for a bit.I used soft tires the entire time.Big Mistake.last 5 laps before the pitstop i was having problem getting the front end to stick enough.Knew my tires were toast.Near the end of the race it was even worse because I had pushed it trying to stay ahead of Drago.Was still fun racing even with damaged rear left.Made my car turn better for a while..LOL...Curtis had never been on that track till yesterday.He did pretty damn good even though people were passing him left and right.Boon unfortunately has been practising with auto clutch and it sure caught him out when he was downshifting.Spun many times but still held onto it even with damage.Good job.All in all it was fun.I look forward to next race as well.Oh and Bilbo,your sure it is not the router?That was the problem here.Would drop the connection every 10 minutes or more for no reason.Switched it and it works fine now.Just so you know ok?
Hope to see you all next race.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

well it lasted lol

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello All
Wow it was great to see 12 drivers and all in all close times.
Except for the Aliens you know who you are LMAO :lol:

My race was going very good was 2nd behind Steve and had Carr behind me
Was just getting in to it when I went a little heavy in to turn 1 and got the back end in to the dirt well I just slid out and went straight in to the wall end of day for me. Funny that Carr followed me and did the same thing :lol:
(Sorry to laugh) but he was able to save his my whole front end was crushed :lol:
oh well see you guys at Orchard lake
The Server has been set up with this track so lets get some practice in and make sure you know which way to go. For me never been here before so should be entrusting. :lol:

Bilbo get you connection fixed Mr. and get your butt on track

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

carrera wrote:Oh and Bilbo,your sure it is not the router?That was the problem here.Would drop the connection every 10 minutes or more for no reason.Switched it and it works fine now.Just so you know ok?
Thanks for the tip but I have already checked the router. The problem is either the cable modem itself or something upstream. The symptom is that my connection is up for ~15-20 seconds then down for the next ~10 seconds, repeatedly.

My uneducated guess (I'm a software guy, not hardware) is that the signal strength has become "borderline" (for whatever reason) and the cable modem can force itself to "sync" but not "hold on to it" for long, causing it to resync almost continuously. It's just a guess but it's nothing I can fix by myself anyways.

Compounding the problem is that I had to delay my call to my provider because I hooked up an extra TV set for my mother who has to spend a couple of weeks in bed due to back ache. Mr. Cableman does not like finding "undeclared" TVs attached to his cable... BTW, that TV is not the cause of my problems because 1) it started before I hooked that extra TV and 2) the cable is split outside the house with an independent cable for the internet and another for all the TVs.
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

sounds to me like your modem is broken, but im not a hardware person (or software person) either. i have problem seeing how a signal going through your cable bouncing in that way, or dropping in signal strenght should be more likely than just a malfunction in your modem. :)

but seriously, i dont know what im talking about :D :8

hope you can adress this as soon as possible m8!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
brad

Post by brad »

short race for me, carrera got past then spun, drago went off and i took the lead, then spun it on the last corner into the pit lane on the first lap, removing the front bumper, hood, rear wing. decided screw it, next race
carrera

Post by carrera »

Yo Brad I liked the fact that you were driving the Jaegermeister car..LOL...I was behind you laughing.How cool is that to have part of your last name on the car even though it is a gawd awful orange color..hahahaha...but yes you just caught the edge of the grass and bobbled and I got by only to lose it 2 corners later...LOL...now it is time for the half oval and some serious drafting at orchard park.This should be a blast people.
lets rock and roll
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hmmmmm, was fun for a while, nice battles with Brad, and Ruben , then an incident with the wall, and a trip to the wrong side of the pit wall, lol

Here is the replay .. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W3X6SK02
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

With a confortable lead of 35 secs i did the same as steve has done lol and gaving victory away. But was fun specialy first laps hehe
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

good racing again, Banzaaai

congrats to all especialy to Dropkick, he did his best, but Engine Dyes, hmmm i recall telling Dropkick to change his settings for Rad duct and Brake Duct for race settings, so higher, :wink: :shock:

well now he nows hehehe :wink: :twisted:

here are the reults:
Attachments
GRAB_069.JPG
(118.8 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

Ingo wrote:good racing again, Banzaaai

congrats to all especialy to Dropkick, he did his best, but Engine Dyes, hmmm i recall telling Dropkick to change his settings for Rad duct and Brake Duct for race settings, so higher, :wink: :shock:

well now he nows hehehe :wink: :twisted:

here are the reults:
thanks ingo , but it was not my rads that caused the problem , i have my g25 shifter very close to my wheel on the desk , coming on to the oval my wheel came loose, so as i accelerated round the oval i was trying to screw it back down agan..................then i knocked the shifter stick, it overides the paddles knocking my car into first at about 150 mph ...........boom lmao :)

it rounded off my bad luck after a terrible start and then a spin/stall on lap 1

is there no begining to my racing talent lol!!!!!!!

it was very enjoyable though

oh and i saw somebody(no names ingo ) overun his pit stall hehe :)
insert funny comment here please
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

hahaha good 1 M8, yeaa in all that rush u want to get quick in and out, but u forget to brake ahaha, :shock: :o
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Since the BMW Fun event is half schedule, why not reset the fun champ and do a new champ standing for the 5 last races of 10. Part 1 was win by Drago. Since more drivers are joining the races, could be fun to put more chalenge between drivers, just for fun. Its up to you guys, interested?

Champ standing after 5 races out of 10 :

1- Drago(Fabiano), 44 pts
2- Ingo, 23 pts
3- Carrera, 22 pts
4 Hitman, 20 pts
5- Steve, 15 pts
6- Mark Aalberts, 14 pts
7- Philmax, 11 pts
8- Sailsi, 8 pts
9- Flow, 7 pts
10- Brad, 6 pts
11- Jurgen Bilstein, 5 pts