Hungary qualifying

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
killahead
NAR founder

Hungary qualifying

Post by killahead »

wth! :evil:

Alonso screwed Hamilton in the pits ruining his chances to get a 2nd fast lap in! That was not ok IMO.

Battle it out on track. Not like this with crappy stuff.... :?
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

I agree.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

i just wish i had viasat sport so i could watch it
grr...

hamilton ftw! (for the wall) :):)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Ruben Miranda

Yea

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
I agree if that is what really happen (What I mean is) If the order or Alonso asked the pit crew to hold him there on purpose to screw Hamilton out of a extra lap then Alonso just turned in to a asshole poor loser in my mind.

He do's not deserve to win the Championship if he can not win on the track then he is no better then the shit MS pulled in his championships.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Ruben Miranda

Hahahahaha

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
This is what you get for that Alonso
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61370
I think you should start from last my self but 6th ok at least you got something for your action.

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

wow! but this soulds silly..i bet alonso tried to screw lewis over, but how can this result in a penalty? i mean, i think its mclarens buissnes and not FIA how the decide to pit their drivers. weird weird imo
Ruben Miranda

Well

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Well you can not and are not allowed to have team orders so thats one reason the Stewards took over and gave the Penalty.

Shame shame on Alonso and the McLaren team.

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

i used to think alonso was a good driver prior to this year.

i now thing that he is an good driver who maximized his potential in winning two drivers championships , he is now faced by a team mate who could be better than he is and he cannot take it!

i do not believe team orders had anything to do with it , just pure bad sportmanship. I am glad alonso got the penalty it was quite frankly disgusting the way he behaved!!!
insert funny comment here please
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Well, crew asked him to wait for at least 10sec, you can see the sign asking him to wait and Alonzo waited an extra 4-5 sec when the sign was up that seem on his own decision. I feel that FIA decision is an intrusion into team managment, if an ass need to be kick, this must be done by McLaren ant not FIA. Is there a clear rule that alow FIA to penalized like they do about an internal incident between 2 drivers?

Alonzo is responding to his boss for the way they act toward him, resulting in jalous situation regard Hamilton from Alonzo, but even with that, i dont agree with Alonzo move (or not move) in pit to show his frustration... do it face to face, but at least, dont do like Speed, dont get in a phisical fight with your boss, unless your kick out of team like he was.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Ok, i only saw the qualif at TV, but i read the news, and it is Mclaren that is penalized and also Alonzo, both are penalized. McLaren didnt had good reason to keep Alonzo in pit for 20sec for no good reason, and Alonzo had no good read to wait an extra 10sec. Alonzon said that he was wondering if he had the good tire, what he said he ask by radio to team, but FIA didnt eat that story. If points are win by the driver, they wont be creditated to McLaren for championship... i still feel this a strange decision, they are acting like if religion have to decide if you will use a condom or not, not theyr business... as for my opinion!?!
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Read the full steward's decision:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61373

Choice quotes (there is more interesting stuff at the link above, you should read it in full):
"The explanation given by Alonso as to why at the expiration of the 20 second period he remained in his pit stop position for a further 10 seconds is not accepted. The Stewards find that he unnecessarily impeded another driver, Hamilton, and as a result he will be penalised by a loss of 5 grid positions."

"The explanation given by the team as to why they kept Alonso stationary for 20 seconds after completion of his tyre change and therefore delayed Hamilton's own pit stop is not accepted.

The actions of the team in the final minutes of Qualifying are considered prejudicial to the interests of the competition and to the interests of motor sport generally. The penalty to be applied is that such points (if any) in the 2007 Formula One Constructors Championship as accrue to the team as a result of their participation in the 2007 Hungarian Grand Prix wilt be withdrawn."
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

flow, alonSo
alonSo
:D 8)
this plus ITVs translation of him bashing massa after the nurburgring race really gives the impresson that he is a prick. well, back to wowing for hamilton in that fight then. alonso ftw (for the wall)!

ow, and one more thing. how can fisi not be penalized for holding up yamamoto for one (!) entire lap? or is it ok as long as you hold up a slow car? ...this is turning into a circus :)

8)
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

kaffemaskin wrote:alonSo
:roll:

Il say like this : WTF, team cant feeze a driver at his pit box if the second TEAM car comes in, it will be judge as same as if he block a oponent driver in a lap on track while qualifying. At least team should not be penalized for the 20sec, this didnt interfeer with Hamilton??? But AlonSo :wink: did slow Hamilton, why not only penalized him???
NAR.F1 driver
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

I think the team penalty is because it was unsportsmanlike behaviour from both the driver and the team. Since F1 is such a high moral sport :shock: :shock: :shock: FIA will not allow teams to destroy the good name of Formula 1
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

kaffemaskin wrote:flow, alonSo
alonSo
:D 8)
this plus ITVs translation of him bashing massa after the nurburgring race really gives the impresson that he is a prick. well, back to wowing for hamilton in that fight then. alonso ftw (for the wall)!

ow, and one more thing. how can fisi not be penalized for holding up yamamoto for one (!) entire lap? or is it ok as long as you hold up a slow car? ...this is turning into a circus :)

8)
I could not agree more!!!

anyone think the constuctors points ban is to aid ferrari to catch up in the constructors championship? ;)

F1 is rapidly becoming a total joke as far as I see. It angers me that the sport I have loved for many years has ended up like this!!

just looke3d on itv-f1 fisi has been moved back 5 spaces too
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40286
insert funny comment here please
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

indeed drop, nice to se fisi penalised for that too.

but i dont think FIA is all that ferrari as it where when MS was around....and to be completely honest i think mclaren has been acting like pricks these last few weeks and totally deserves it.
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

A team (Ferrari) send an official communiqué to remind that if McLaren Team was scoring no points, then no Team representant should be alowed on the podium. They dont mist one, lol. I think it is normal anyway, no point, no trophy.

McLaren is appealed the decision about no points for constructor.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

McLaren’s statement in full:

"Budapest, Hungary, Sunday 5th August 2007: The process of managing two such exceptional talents as Fernando and Lewis is made more challenging by having a race winning car.

"Every effort was made yesterday by the team to maintain our policy of equality; however in the heat of the battle there are occasions when the competitive nature of drivers sees them deviate from the agreed procedures.

"During this intense and frenetic period of qualifying, decisions are necessarily made in seconds to enable the drivers and the team to position their cars on the track at the optimal moment.

"We agree with the stewards, that when the team decided to hold Fernando for 20 seconds there were four cars on the circuit. However, we do not understand the relevance of this observation as the team needed to estimate where all the remaining cars would be in the final minutes of the session. Similarly the team does not agree with the statement of the stewards that the 20 second hold caused Lewis to be impeded. Tensions were undeniably high and the problem at Fernando’s first stop; the desire to enter a clear track and concerns expressed following the fitting of used tyres undoubtedly contributed to the delay in Fernando’s ultimate departure.

"We do not believe that the findings of the stewards and the severe penalty imposed on the team are appropriate, and that our strenuous efforts to maintain the spirit of fair play and equality within the team have been misunderstood.

"We are, however, now only hours away from an important race and are focusing all our efforts on achieving the best possible result for the drivers."
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda

I am two sided on this

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Well first
I think the Alonso did the wrong thing even if Hamilton did it first (Or what ever) Someone has to be the better man (Right)

Should the Team be the one to deal with this (Well yes) but would they had done anything (I doubt it) I could here it now

Hamilton why did you do that

Alonso you did it first

Team boss both of you little kids shut the f....k up

Both of you where bad boys and I am going to spank your little behinds (Beat you like your Father did)

So did the stewards go a little to far well may be
The loss of grid position on Alonso thats fair enough but hey they did not penalize Hamilton when he was the one who started this whole mess.
But the big thing or issue is that they (The Stewards) took it out on the whole team and I think they went a little to far with that.

If they want to fight cool take them out in the middle of the track and let them go but the f..k the whole team because you can not handle being beat by a rookie.

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

aaaahmm maybe the FIA went to far and by taking the points from constructor might be to much, but hey what is the write dicission than, the once that give that instruction is the team so Ron Dennis is the Team, i think they want to show the Teams that they want to be taking seriusly, cause the way that Mclaren is acting its stilll Team orders, and they did that before agains Lewis on Monaco, so Alonso could had won, so maybe FIA wants to give them a mesage that its enough now,

and am glad they did that, :roll:
:)