hahaha, Bernie Potter

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

hahaha, Bernie Potter

Post by Flow »

Jun.17 (GMM) Bernie Ecclestone awoke to a hostile American media on Sunday morning after suggesting that formula one can live without its annual visit to the States.

The F1 supremo, who earlier described the US grand prix as "not vital", had declared at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Saturday evening that his American hosts "haven't done anything" to get behind his series, which in decades of history and eight years at its current venue has failed to break the US market.

Ecclestone, 76, was speaking after three meetings with Indy's Tony George this weekend failed to result in the extension of the expiring GP contract.

A writer for the local Post-Tribute responded: "Yeah, Bernie, you can go to Russia or India, but in what country does Ferrari, your biggest car owner, sell its most cars? That's America, in case you had a brain freeze." Even a writer for the usually supportive Indianapolis Star headlined that "Arrogant F1 should hit road out of Indy".

"I've got advice for (Tony) George. Learn how to say 'Bite me' in all the languages of today's F1 drivers.

"They are the Guests From Hell. And it's time for them to leave.

"Let me mention something to F1: Nobody outside of Indy cares about this race. And the truth is, very few inside of Indy care about this race."

A journalist for ESPN, the dedicated sports-related network, even described Ecclestone as a "man who looks like a geriatric Harry Potter".

Written: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:08:17
http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/a ... /view.html
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

When it comes to

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
This Old man nothing surprises me.
He should be careful of the bridges he burns as he goes thru life.

If he wants a bigger market here this is not the way to do it.
They will kick his ass all the way to the airport.

It is because of these things that the Market is down and the fans are not going to the race.

Although this years indy was really a good race lots of nice fighting going on thru out the field.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Yup, and big fight with both Mclaren and both Ferrari was giving a nice show. At least for McLaren, you could feel that they team were leaving them fight on track. Alonzo just by himself didnt try to scre both race, same team, but still did want to fight to death, he was never in clear position of advantage. The one that was going to won T1, was going to win. Nice side by side on straight they did, i woulndt put my hand between theyr 2 wheels at that time.

The move back over Alonzo from Hamilton was a close to limit of tolerance about blocking (1 move), but was still ok, but limit

We are PRO compare to them at T1 :D :wink:
NAR.F1 driver
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

"Let me mention something to F1: Nobody outside of Indy cares about this race. And the truth is, very few inside of Indy care about this race."

Hmm....are the americans not shooting themselves in their foot by saying this, first "we want a gp" and then " no one cares " . hahahaha :)

crazy crazy old man he is bearnie, please stop spoiling f1 for us. and let me do the tracks, not tilke!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

kaffemaskin wrote:"Let me mention something to F1: Nobody outside of Indy cares about this race. And the truth is, very few inside of Indy care about this race." !
Yeah, but journalist never represent majority thinking sometime. This is from newspaper, maybe its tru, maybe not.
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Many reason's

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Yes more so then never Journalist talk more shit then anything.
They (Lets say) Bend the truth in order to sell and make money.

The Fact that there is a big fan base here in the USA for F1 but with comments like that from Bernie and from the local so called journalist you will see the fans get pissed and then move on to something else.

I am not sure what Bernie expects here in the USA we have 1 GP and he things that will be enough to create a bigger fan base.

PFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTT
What a dumb a.....sssss one GP in a country the size of NA is like holding a GP in space and expecting all the martians to come and love F1.

If he wants to get a bigger fan base here he needs to hold more GP at least one one the east coast and the west coast. This would make it more reasonable for fans of racing to get to the GP and see the live action.

Like me man it would cost me alone more then $2000.00 to go to Indy and see the race. And I am a big fan but I am not that big of a fan to spend that kind of money for a five day weekend.
Plus my wife would want to go so thats 4 grand if I can keep her from buying crap and if I can't then it is 10 grand :lol:

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Steve

Post by Steve »

I hope it stays at Indy, because one day I want to go, and Indy is only a 4 hour drive from where I live. And like it or not, even after the fiasco a few years ago, I think they still draw 100,000 plus every year to Indy.
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !