SLI doesn't work ingame, please help?

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Navigator

SLI doesn't work ingame, please help?

Post by Navigator »

Hi; I have bought an extra videocard to put in SLI mode on my machine.
The specs are:
AMD 64 3200+
Asus A8n-SLI
1 gig pc 3200 dual channel
Asus GF 6600 GT extreme 128MB 2x

So, I got 8200 3D points in 3d 03 benchmark and it went up to 14100.......gained about 75% and I was pretty happy.
Ingame however.......I have NO profit whatsoever!
First I thought, must be me, its a bit better but when I realised I could switch SLI of and try the difference, I came to the conclusion that the fps are 0 more in SLI.........

Tested at the back of the grid, standing still in pit, high and low res.........in 1 occasion I got 2 fps more than normally, but on another I just got 8 less.

Makes me wanna cry! :cry:

This can't be right?? What can I be doing wrong, what can be wrong?
Someone got expirience with these things?
"To finish first, you first have to finish"
Ron Dennis.
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

its a common misstake you are doing here.

You need to connect the multiplexer via the route-G-4 connection (using the RAM cable) and directly into the IND port of your graphic card. By doing this you avoid the looping of information through the multiplexes that control the SLI operations from the hardware side. If this does not work, you might have to adjust the hardware frequences (slightly change the computers "own frequency(resonace)". This is most easily done by changing the angle of which the hull of the computer affects the hardware cards, preferable with a baseball bat. Beat it 5-6 times (Use rFactor and load up monaco prior if you want motivation) very hard, then throw it out the window. feel free to give the same treatment to other things in the room, such as computer screen, subwoofer, tv, and maby your wife. This will affect all the things in your surrounding to work towards a similiar goal, and will therefore work. If this doesnt work the first time, repeat all the steps (warning, this might lead to family troubles but what dont you do for better fps), rent a bulldoozer and end with flattening half of the hull. After that, fit it upside down on the roof and you should be fine.

no need to thank me :)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Thanks, I didn't see that topic before.
Now I am busy with it, but cant make up if he did make a profiel or not. The only thing I get, is that he installed new drivers; the same thing as I did 1 million times..... :cry:

Now I am trying to create a profile, however; I can't point to the rf.exe.....
It just says in the line at the bottom when you look foor something to point there; "programs(*.exe)" and because of that; it doesn't see .exe files.
I dont know if that is the problem however; there I can only fill in if I want anti aliasing and so; SLI is standard ON in al cases.
When I compare to SLI and no SLI, I always do the same settings; not that one times I have 8xAA and the other time not; same settings; no difference.

I send the dude a mail to ask what he did exactly; I dont know anymore...... :cry:
"To finish first, you first have to finish"
Ron Dennis.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The guys mentioned that he did make a profile. Also, make sure you don't just uninstall/reinstall the video drivers but that you CLEAN before reinstalling (i.e. using Driver Cleaner Pro, which is free, or something similar). From my past experience and from that of the last poster in the above thread, it DOES make a difference.

I'm not using SLI myself (I wanted to but the 7800GT was not available new anymore when I wanted to buy my 2nd one) so I can't help much more than that. I think Carrera had or built an SLI setup some time ago, you might want to ask him next time he's around...