RED TIRE RULE

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

RED TIRE RULE

Post by SteveB »

Please tell me it isn't so.
FIA have announced that there must be branding on the tires so the fans know exactly what compound tire each team is using while on track.
Those of you who follow the CART racing series know thier soft compound tire has RED tire walls and IMO looks rediculous,now that idea is heading to F1. OMG please STOP this nonsence.

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/ ... 0317.shtml
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

klaaz

Post by klaaz »

i always liked how they did that in champcar, maybe on a F1 car would look silly atfirst if red wont suit ure livery.....
I talk too much....
Ruben Miranda

Well

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Not sure if it would work @ F1 depends on how they are going to do there tire thing this year.
The premise in Cart is that you only have ( I think 3 or 4 sets of tires0 that can be used 2 of those sets are that faster tire better grip and all that the tire has a red line around it.
It is marked not for the spectator for say but for the simple reason that you can only use so many (I think ) 2 sets of these tires per race and they are counted and reviewed so as to not be able to cheat.

From a spectator unless you are in the pits or really looking at the tire you would not even notice the red line on the tire. It looks like a white wall tire except it is red.

another thing how they are going to do this in F1 when all tires are from the same maker now so it would be a pain in the ass for a company to mark his tire for this and that tire for that.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

In Cart, it is mandatory to at least 1 time in race the RED tire compound. (if im right)
NAR.F1 driver
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

last year in cart the car setups often made the ordinery black tires faster!!!
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Nice way Bridgestone find to see the softest tire, a 1 inche white dot on side of tire, WOOOWWW, you need the tire stop to see it!, way to go, pfff.

Also, they choose the compound that that whant to use from 2 choices, and in race, they will use it, and must at least 1 time, use the other that they didnt choose. Welcome setup problem that were not configure for that kind of tire. Personaly, i dont see nothing good in this rule.

For Cart, they must us at least one time the 'red' tire that are the softest. In F1, if you use the softest, then 1 time, you will be force to use the hardest one. Yeah, good luck :?
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda

Hide and seek

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Yes Flow but did you notice or here them say that the soft tire is almost worthless for the race.
they can get one great lap out of it then it is down hill from there.

So the stragie would be qual with it on low fuel race them in to the ground and pit early and hope you can get ahead of the others.

Wow I was amazed ow bad those tires looked after only a few laps.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Personaly, i dont see were are they going with this rule, its stupid. They want to get rid of tire that were not use last season???? :?
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

During the qualify session the commentators mentioned the marking on the tire,it was a WHITE mark that was the size of a quarter...LMAO
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

yeah, was the cheapest way to do it. In cart, tire are manufactured with that red stripe, but Bridgestone find a way of not changing (spending more money) to get a visual marker, by painting with a thumb a white spot :lol:
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Well, to Bridgestone's defense, I believe the FIA made that rule official only this week (even if it has been talked about before) and the tyres were already in or (on their way to) Australia...
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

This is the solution for 2007 to identify the soft tire compound.
Attachments
226808_resize.jpg
226808_resize.jpg (16.77 KiB) Viewed 4449 times
NAR.F1 driver
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

That's not so bad huh? Should be easy to see even from a little distance....?
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

are you crazy?

it looks ridicilous :)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

ahhh....no it doesn't! :D

I like it, will be fun to see who is using what compound
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Ok, the mark that is done on tire for Champcar is manufactured in the tire, embeded on the side. Bridgestone didnt want to put money in F1 tire process, so they only find a way to put paint on it. The little white dot didnt satisfied, so they painted a thread. This is to save money. Eatch team is paying at least 5 millions to bridgestone to use tires (except Ferrari, tires are free for Ferrari for 2007, not other team). And its clear that they find a way of saving money, cause to use the 'real' red tire mark, like in Champcar, they woud have to change the way they manufacture tire, and they dont want to, since this rules was not part of discussion before the season. Bridgstone must be laughfing... :lol: :lol: :lol: :?
NAR.F1 driver