RF update V1250

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Racer
NAR administrator

RF update V1250

Post by Racer »

Tu all Drivers,

with this post we will let u all now that we will be updating and useing the RF 1250 Patch for the 07 season.

here is a link tu rFactor where u can download the new Patch,

http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=downloads
Steve

Post by Steve »

Ok ,so does that mean we should install it now? Just want to make sure :D
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Yes

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Yes Steve
It is Manatory to install the new RF 1250 patch.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Steve

Post by Steve »

Installed the patch, tried several mods, and had no issues at all. For those who have NOT installed the patch, you need to take the patch, and drop it in your rfactor MAIN folder, and then run it. Do not run it from your desktop!!
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
klaaz

Post by klaaz »

first bugs found.
Not really a problem for the actual driving as but i dont like this a bit. If you look at the ingame serverlist and click on noaidsracing.com server and look at settings : it shows we have (TC)allowed.
Offcourse thats not possible but the ingame info says so ,and i think that can damage NAR. The ones that got interested in us ofcourse look at these settings and will be mislead.
I hope gjon will reconsider his announcemend its the last free update(i dont think this patch needs to be a biggy anyways).
Attachments
Capture31-1-2007-22.26.32.jpg
(364.1 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Capture31-1-2007-22.23.08.jpg
(362.99 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
meoPHOENIX

Post by meoPHOENIX »

I wrote a mail to him incl. screenshots from

- NAR server
- NOaidsORotherSTDs server

& files from serversettings ... hope he will reply soon!

greetings,

:evil: meo :evil:
I'll fly till I'm burned! BURN BABY BURN! lol lool loool looool loooool loool looool loooool loooooo...
don't fear - track taxis! take it to die in green hell for sure!
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Tnx Meo,

u are a thru Nar Lady, :wink:

I think it might be good if we send them a message tu, the Admin together.
meoPHOENIX

Post by meoPHOENIX »

got answer
Thats just a new bug, it really isnt on, sorry about that.
And about a guy also told me: if he runs 3 dedicated server from the same comp, with same files (posting results on internet = 1) only 1 server get's shown on racecastand sometimes also ingame list!
I think they are working that out or is fixed already.
:twisted: meo :twisted:
I'll fly till I'm burned! BURN BABY BURN! lol lool loool looool loooool loool looool loooool loooooo...
Ruben Miranda

another thing

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
I don't like that the Car has to be stooped before exiting I don't get why they bothered with this. What possible function is it for.

Another one is Me and Tempest did a small race (7 lapper) 4Th or 5Th lap I blew my motor :lol: (Wrong Setup) I pulled over and stopped I hit the esc key and the message of what I wanted to do game up I think it said
Back to Monitor and Or cancel action.

Well I don't get it My first thought was You dumb ass my motor is blown I am on fire what the F...k do you think I want to do.

But I guess they put this in just in case a dumb ass hits the esc key on accident. :lol: And for some reason I get the feeling someone has already done that. :lol:

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Paul M

Re: another thing

Post by Paul M »

I found a solution to this Hitman

[quote="Hitman"]
"I don't like that the Car has to be stooped before exiting I don't get why they bothered with this. What possible function is it for."

In the userdata folder--your player name---Multiplayer configuration file
about 2/3 down there is an option to turn this feature on or off. Directly above it is the line to force cockpit view.

I am not sure if this will create a MM but I will test to find out. If it does'nt I will be definately be turning this off, I agree it is a useless feature.

Paul
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

uhm, might i say that this is editing files and if it doesnt create a mm then its a good way of cheating - and a miss by the rF programmers.

and well, my guess is that they wanted it a bit more realistic so that you cant just hit ESC whilst having an accident in, for example, nascar on an oval where an accident is bound to happen.

personally i think its no big deal stopping the car before hitting esc, takes like 2 seconds. but then i am the king of all simracing and i never have accidents anyway 8) 8) :lol:
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Paul M

Post by Paul M »

I tested on an existing server and it did not work, so I opened my own server and tested and it does work.

Therefore who ever hosts the server is the one controlling options, we would need a vote by admins to either allow or disallow this feature. It would in that case not be cheating as all who join that server would be operating under the same conditions.

To Kaffes point I personally would like to be able to escape quickly so as not to take some one out accidently. Perhaps not a true reflection of actual racing but I would hate to ruin someones race because of my mistake. :oops:

Hope this helps
8)
"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it"
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Hitman, about the esc. button, i know that Xzwins was nervous in a race last year, he took his cap off his head and trow it on the desk and unlycky it hit the ESC button and he DNF right away, lol. I know that for 1 minute, he was wondering what hapend when he realized that it was his mistake... maybe a not bad feature then :wink:
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

The problem I see with this feature (and it has happened to me in practice) you find yourself trying to stop your car wherever you might be without even thinking.

NEW drivers (or any of us) could find themselves right in the middle of the track trying to stop the car without noticing someone might be approaching fast, could be a disaster IMO.

For it to be used correctly you would have to train yourself to pull off the track onto the grass and proceed with stopping your car then esc.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

klaaz

Post by klaaz »

I found how to make the situation as it was.

NOTE: also the server needs to do this to make it work.

Open your multiplayer.ini and set the numer on this line to zero:

Must Be Stopped="0" // Whether drivers must come to a complete stop before exiting back to the monitor
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

I too prefer to exit straight away when i crash to avoid causing anyone else any problems on track (at least for practice)

maybe it is more realistic for actual races.
meoPHOENIX

Post by meoPHOENIX »

Ingo wrote:Tnx Meo,

u are a thru Nar Lady, :wink:

I think it might be good if we send them a message tu, the Admin together.
GO GO GO !!!

looks to me like I was "that nice" in my mail, that he just got me quiet fast :lol:

however ... I am mostly offline now over the day ... going to school from tomorrow on for get my sales manager (good news ... I can work on my projects there ;) ) ... I will be online in the evening but also check out forum here!

... have a nice day! ... have fun! ... I DO !!!

:twisted: meo :twisted:
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Killa this one is old to make it unsticky as well, we are on :D 1.255 already
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

alrighty!

*unsticky*
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen