Any one heard of salt?

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Paul M

Any one heard of salt?

Post by Paul M »

This tunnel in Russia is the longest in-city tunnel in Europe. There is a river running over it and water leaks at some points.

When the temperature reaches minus 38 degrees like it did this
particular Winter the road freezes and the result is the attached video takenduring A SINGLE DAY with the tunnel camera.

Congratulations to the dual bus driver!!!! :shock:
Attachments
RUSSIATUNNEL.zip
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 258 times
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Well, salt and armed concrete do not really mix well, especially if you want the tunnel to last more than a couple of winters... Although they COULD put something there other than salt, maybe sand or rock dust.

I'd sure hate to be sitting at the back of that bus with a hot coffee in my hands! :shock:
klaaz

Post by klaaz »

maybe we should invite that busdriver to fill in a NAR seat, the rest we dont have to bother with imo
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

heheh Klaaz....that was a class A manouver. We need a Takuma Sato in NAR......riiiight :? hahah

Crazy russians......what is the speed limit in that tunnel? 150km/h??? :shock:

I hope noone got seriously hurt though.
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

At first i thought also stupid russians lol

But later on i readed that the road freezes because water is leeking trough it ah then its pretty clear why some drivers go off in the most stupid way lol,... and i noticed something else as well the lines on the road are sollid here in europe it means you cant change lane lol,.. that give some funny moments :lol:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

haha there where some really stupid moves there, but MAD skills from that bus driver. Insnely good to keep it from crashing as well as he did.

but we all know how russian cars handle lol :) three letters: TVR, most dangerous car in the world
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

that bus driver obviously was not british!!! a lot of them here have trouble negotiating corners and roundabouts lol