Interesting Fight from Spyker..

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Interesting Fight from Spyker..

Post by Flow »

I found this strange news:

Dec.15 (GMM) Colin Kolles says he has recruited the support of three crucial formula one allies in his crusade against illegal customer cars.

The Spyker chief recently wrote a letter to his team principal colleagues about the issue and then organised a meeting that was held in Monaco last Friday.

Kolles is concerned that Super Aguri and Toro Rosso, respectively tied closely to 'parent' teams Honda and Red Bull, intend to break the rules in 2007 by racing cars that they did not design and build.

He told the Dutch magazine 'Sportweek' that Toyota, Williams and McLaren strongly support his argument.

"Last year it was me by myself," he said, "but now Red Bull have Adrian Newey doing their car and Honda have won a race.

"The situation has changed."

Kolles suggested that if an acceptable solution to the teams' complaint is not found, as a last resort they could refer the matter to "arbitration".

He said Spyker is particularly sensitive to Toro Rosso and Super Aguri's questionable tactics because only the top ten constructors get access to F1's multi million dollar television revenue.

Written: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 16:22:40
NAR.F1 driver
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

I dont think its realy a fight from spyker, i can rember that this is said already before. Several teams are afraid that the redbul and torro, Honda and aguri will look to much the same, not even mentioned the same cars lol.

Anyway the regulations says that each team has to develop an own car, so lets see how this will work out for them.

The reason that spyker comes in the news with this is that most likely they will be the backmarkers next year. I think that aguri makes a step forward, they do have money ,.. did you know that Sato san received more money from the team last year then 2 time Champion Alonso!!!!! :shock: 7 million or something in 2006 for one year i believe.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Ho, thanks, i was just not awared of that, i just didnt notice that situation, even if it was discussed before. Now Spyker will be left alone behind, so its normal for them to complain about the 2 others in back, but are now fighting in middle cause of not respecting a rules that spyker is not in position to violate.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Along with Toro Rosso, formula one rival Super Aguri might also be facing a legal threat should it follow-through with its speculated plans for 2007. Super Aguri and F1's twelfth team Prodrive will almost certainly run 'customer cars' in 2008, when the more liberal Concorde agreement is in force, but other F1 teams are threatening arbitration if the current rules are breached this season.
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

I am not sure

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
I think I understand what is being talked about but I am not completely sure.
What do they mean by this ('customer cars' in 2008)
in perticular Customer cars
Is this mean a custum car or a car from a customer.

I think the translation here is screwed up.
Or it could very well be I am screwed up :lol:

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The customer car is actually when one team sell/provide their car (or blueprints?) to another team (the "customer team"), which is forbidden until 2008. Current rules force every team to come up with their own car design.
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Yeah but i heard redbull and torro already found a middle way out of it, this year we have a big chance that the torro's will be the redbull car from last year or atleast the chasis. :roll: Has to do with an company who sells the chasis, im not sure how it excactly works but what i do know is that torro has the posibility (legal) to use the redbull chasis from last year.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I heard about that too. From what I understand, they're playing with the letter of the rule (rather than the intent) and I wouldn't be surprised if some other team complained about that and made one of those famous F1 mess....
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Honda is trying to use the gap in that rules, here the other part of the news:

Leafield based Super Aguri's apparent loophole is that the Honda RA106 has been handed over to PJUU, an independent engineering and design consultancy in Granborough, England, run by former Jordan designer Paul White.

Presumably, by re-"designing" the car, the intellectual property of the developed chassis can then be transferred from Honda to Super Aguri.

"The FIA has yet to approve (the design)," AutoWeek said.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Hoho... Spyker bring Toro Rosso and Super Agury in court :

The Spyker team have begun their arbitration proceedings against Super Aguri and Toro Rosso over the use of customer cars in Formula One, autosport.com can reveal.

(...)

Spyker believe that both teams are breaking Formula One's rules because they have not designed and manufactured their own cars according to the wording of the Concorde Agreement.

Spyker believe that only teams that build their own cars should be eligible for constructors' championship points.

- read the complete news : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/57540
NAR.F1 driver