Hakkinen to make McLaren return

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Hakkinen to make McLaren return

Post by Flow »

Double world champion Mika Hakkinen will get back in the cockpit of a Formula One car on Thursday when he conducts a one-off test with McLaren at Barcelona’s Circuit de Catalunya in Spain. It will be Hakkinen’s first outing with his former team since his retirement from Formula One racing following the 2001 Japanese Grand Prix.

More : http://www.formula1.com/news/5361.html
Last edited by Flow on 30 Nov 2006, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

I read this the other day on F1Live.com and I couldn't believe what I was reading.

How on GOD'S earth is this guy going to know what is going on with these F1 cars. He has been out of the loop for so many years alot of things have changed since he was in the drivers seat.

I hope he doesn'r embarress himself like the time he was crying in the woods...LMAO

Anyway GOOD LUCK to them (McLeran) I hope they will be more competative in 2007.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Its the same with an bicycle (probably write that one wrong :lol: ) any way once you know how it works you will not forget it :wink:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

I think they are just making a marketing shot of it, same as with Zanardi.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Ron Dennis said it was more a technical enritchment development for the team and not mutch more is expected.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

It was Häkkinen in Brazil who ask McLaren to drive the 'new generation' of F1. Witch was a pleasure for McLaren. He drove 79 laps and was 3sec slower than Massa on Ferrari. But Häkkinen said the the goal was more to give back the 'feeling' of his drive and comment. Häkkinen will still race with his McLaren DTM.
NAR.F1 driver