Kovalainen confirmed at Renault for 2007

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Kaali

Post by Kaali »

From autosport.com:

By Pablo Elizalde Wednesday, September 6th 2006, 09:03 GMT

Heikki Kovalainen will race alongside Giancarlo Fisichella at the Renault team next season, the French squad confirmed on Wednesday.

The confirmation puts an end to speculation over the second Renault seat following the exit of world champion Fernando Alonso to the McLaren team at the end of the year.

"I am thrilled to get the opportunity to race with a world champion team like Renault," said Kovalainen. "I have been a member of the Renault Driver Development programme since 2002, when I had the distant ambition of one day becoming an F1 driver.

"It is a fantastic feeling to have finally achieved that. My two seasons testing for the team, as well as my time in GP2, have allowed me to build my technical knowledge and to understand what it takes to win in Formula One. I have also had the opportunity to show the team what I can do, and it is a great motivation to know that they believe in me.

"It will be a fantastic feeling to line up on the grid in Melbourne, but that is still a long way off. At the moment, I am totally focused on helping Renault win the 2006 championship."

The 25-year-old Finn, last year's runner-up in the GP2 championship, was Renault's test driver in 2006, covering over 28,000kms.

"Everybody at Renault is very optimistic about our driver line-up for 2007 and beyond," said Renault team boss Flavio Briatore, who also announced he will be staying with the team at least until 2008.

"We have taken the conscious decision to build for the future, without compromising the stability of the team in the short term.

"Giancarlo is a proven force in Formula One and Heikki is already fully integrated into the team. After seeing performances in testing this season, we have very high hopes for him."
Will Kimi Räikkönen go to Ferrari you dink or maybe Toyota next year? Hhhmm?
It's not hard, when you know how......
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

uhm....perhaps Toyota? :oops: :shock:

well that should only leave ze German one choice....get out of F1 old man and leave room for the talented drivers!!! :mrgreen:
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Few days and we know,..

where's mine list lol :D it getting pretty damn close.

Kimi in red well at least he gets a car wich he can win races next year and is reliable :wink:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

your list is in this threar, page 1, neer bottom.

http://forumserver.zapto.org/NAR/viewto ... sc&start=0
NAR.F1 driver