2007 F1 GP calendar

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

2007 F1 GP calendar

Post by Flow »

San Marino, Europe dropped for '07

29 August 2006
The FIA published the 2007 Formula One calendar on Tuesday morning. The San Marino and European Grands Prix have been dropped, while Belgium returns, making for a 17-race schedule.

The San Marino and European races were this year staged in Italy (Imola) and Germany (Nurgurgring) respectively - both countries that also have their own Grand Prix. The German round is now expected to alternate between Hockenheim and the Nurburgring, while the four-week gap in the calendar between Bahrain and Spain will doubtless lead to speculation that San Marino could yet be reinstated.

The Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne returns to its traditional role of season opener after moving to round three this year to avoid a clash with the Commonwealth Games. Meanwhile, the Japanese round will move from Suzuka to Fuji, the circuit which staged the country’s first Grand Prix back in 1976.

There are five sets of back-to-back races on the 2007 calendar: Malaysia and Bahrain in April; Canada and the US in June; France and Britain in July; Italy and Belgium in September; and China and Japan in September/October.

The full line-up is as follows:

Australia, March 18
Malaysia, April 08
Bahrain, April 15
Spain, May 13
Monaco, May 27
Canada, June 10
United States, June 17
France, July 01
United Kingdom, July 08
Germany, July 22
Hungary, August 05
Turkey, August 26
Italy, September 09
Belgium, September 16
China, September 30
Japan, October 07
Brazil, October 21

Source : Formula1.com
NAR.F1 driver
Kaali

Post by Kaali »

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! :D YAY YAY YAY!! YIIHAAAR!! It's back! :D

I am glad Imola is gone gone gone but I am not sure about Nurburgring. I like that track alot but I understand that Hockenheim and Nurburgring will be on the list every 2nd year, Hockenheim in 2007 and then Nurburgring in 2008 and then back to Hockenheim in 2009.

Spa-Franchorchamp is the best! Takes a lot of drivers skills and is very technical demanding. Cool!
It's not hard, when you know how......
noob1234

Post by noob1234 »

Yeah, Spa kicks a$$
I don't think there is a single "simple" corner on that track... well possibly the kink just after busstop.
-"Winning is like a drug...I can't settle for second or third in no circumstances whatsoever"
(Ayrton Senna)
meoPHOENIX

Post by meoPHOENIX »

HILLofGODs ;)

... have a nice day! ... have fun! ... I DO !!!

:twisted: meo :twisted:
I'll fly till I'm burned! BURN BABY BURN! lol lool loool looool loooool loool looool loooool loooooo...
don't fear - track taxis! take it to die in green hell for sure!
klaaz

Post by klaaz »

Damned , the F1 race on spa is the same date the CHAMPCAR will visit holland(assen) for the first time in history.....
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Cool

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Dam I am happy Spa is back, What a great track.

But Dam I will miss Imola and Nurbergring I like both thise tracks.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
meoPHOENIX

Post by meoPHOENIX »

klaaz wrote:Damned , the F1 race on spa is the same date the CHAMPCAR will visit holland(assen) for the first time in history.....
:lol: ... you mean you do not know where to drive to on that day? :lol:

assen sounds fine if you ask me ;)

... have a nice day! ... have fun! ... I DO !!!

:twisted: meo :twisted:
I'll fly till I'm burned! BURN BABY BURN! lol lool loool looool loooool loool looool loooool loooooo...
don't fear - track taxis! take it to die in green hell for sure!
klaaz

Post by klaaz »

sure Assen it is. I would need to win me a lotto before i can afford a F1 race, and besides that ,they will never let me pass the border with my bloodlevels lol
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

How mutch is an F1 ticket over there Klaaz?

Here in Canada, you can access the site for 30$ to 60$ (price vary if its friday or sunday) and alot of space open field right need the gate of track, were you can see the car close.

The cheapest ticket are 190$ CAN for 3 days and can go up to around 600$ on the start/finish line.
NAR.F1 driver
klaaz

Post by klaaz »

id have too look it up but its much more here. i think to get the cheapest ticket for spa sunday wil be over 300 euro
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

In 2007, if Button wins the GB grand prix, 75Euro will be refund from the admin of the GP to show theyr support to theyr GB driver. They said tha Button and Coultard will always receive good support. Nice, but i wont bet on that...
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Am I the only one to think that this shows a big LACK of confidence in Button? :twisted:
2010 NA div. Admin
Kaali

Post by Kaali »

Well it seems Ferrari have done their lobby job well 'cos it looks like Imola is back. That is if the owner of Imola finish upgrading the pits the teams have agreed to race there.
Door left open for San Marino
Monday, 18, September, 2006, 18:30

The San Marino Grand Prix may yet find its way back on to the 2007 Formula 1 calendar after the teams agreed unanimously with the FIA to hold 18 races next season, following a meeting between them in Paris on Monday.

The provisional calendar released last month only featured 17 venues, with a prominent gap left in April that appeared to allow for the reinstatement of the race, which has been run at Imola for the last 26 years.

Now this agreement suggests that the San Marino event may get a reprieve after all.

However any such re-instatement is subject to a completion of the circuit upgrades in time for next year’s race by the track’s owner, Sagis.

The works include a renovation of the venerable pit and paddock complex as well as the creation of new access roads around and in the circuit.

If Sagis fails to meet the targets set by Bernie Ecclestone, then F1’s supremo may opt for an alternative venue.

Suzuka is another circuit to have been left off the calendar for 2007, after the Japanese Grand Prix moved to Fuji, and its inclusion could pave the way for the re-introduction of a ‘Pacific Grand Prix’, which last took place at Aida in 1995.

Any additions or modifications to the calendar are subject to Formula One Commission and World Motor Sport Council approval.
Source itv.com
It's not hard, when you know how......
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Suzuka = Honda owner
Fuji = Toyota owner

Big fight over those 2 to get the GP.
NAR.F1 driver