Twister-Racing announces NaturalPoint deal

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Uxoros

Twister-Racing announces NaturalPoint deal

Post by Uxoros »

While the FSR teams are moving to their new championship destination in Hungary, with new car models from ISI’s latest 1.150 patch for rFactor, featuring the BMW Sauber F1.06, the Twister-Racing team has agreed a partnership with NaturalPoint that will extend this season and beyond in 2007.

NaturalPoint is an innovative and leading company for specific gaming hardware that simulates physical movements ingame, using infrared/dot tracking technology. In the past two years, NaturalPoint has grown to become a well established company composed by high school graduates programmers. Taking the opportunity to use technology previously only available to military and large corporations, Jim Richardson started the american company in 1997 with the aim of bringing to market a high quality image tracking system. Jim’s cousin had been involved in a severe accident and could no longer communicate in any manner but eye movement. Together with Birch Zimmer, lead programmer, they worked towards making alternative input devices for people with disabilities.

The latest development for simracing is the TrackIR4:Pro, which enables 6 Directions of Freedom (DOF) both in leaning and rotation of the head. Twister-Racing will be promoting this revolutionnary optical headtracking system with discounts of US$25. The new BMW V8 powered TR006B car of Twister-Racing will unveil a brand new livery featuring NaturalPoint and TrackIR logos, which will also appear on the track advertising spaces of the FSR World Championship.

Welcoming NaturalPoint to the team, Twister-Racing Administrator and rFactor team director Joël Roux commented: “We are delighted to announce this partnership with NaturalPoint. Our relationship in the negociation and preparation of this deal has been very good. We have been impressed with the technical quality of the TrackIR4:Pro and we would like to be associated with NaturalPoint for its promotion. This partnership is aiming for the long term and our expectations are big. We have a full confidence in the future. With the support of NaturalPoint, we will establish Twister-Racing as an increasingly professional simracing team.”

Looking forward to a productive collaboration, Kevin Fox from NaturalPoint Inc. said: “NaturalPoint is proud to be sponsoring the professional sim racing team Twister-Racing for the 2006 and 2007 FSR season. We only recently ventured in to sponsoring sim racing teams and Twister-Racing with their great reputation and background were ideal candidates. We see our partnership with Twister-Racing as an excellent opportunity to cultivate a new customer base in the FSR sim racing community. NaturalPoint hopes for this sponsorship to be a way to promote our TrackIR4:Pro line of products and accessories, provide exposure for the TrackIR brand name and benefit Twister-Racing and the entire FSR league.”

The release of a joint official press announcement from both parties is planned for September 9th.

Visit http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir http://www.twister-racing.com and http://www.formula-simracing.net
Last edited by Uxoros on 30 Aug 2006, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
meoPHOENIX

Post by meoPHOENIX »

hmmmm...

darlings ... I think I will never get more close to the feeling you guys must have had in the past by reading some post's from me which made you thinking ... why does she have the need to write this down and what the hell does she want to tell us with it!

I just got the need to apologize for those post's of the past ... and of the future :lol:

... have a nice day! ... have fun! ... I DO !!!

:twisted: meo :twisted:
I'll fly till I'm burned! BURN BABY BURN! lol lool loool looool loooool loool looool loooool loooooo...
don't fear - track taxis! take it to die in green hell for sure!
Ferry

Post by Ferry »

And at this point it happend again Meo. tell us what you mean!
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

She is a woman lol,.. you should know that sometimes they so hard to understand :twisted:

I know what she mean because se ever explained me perfectly,.. though its difficult to explain it :lol:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Ferry

Post by Ferry »

hehe LOL ohh yea thats thrue.

but you understand it? so you are ......... :P
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Come on guys, she's just questioning the purpose of having the first post of this thread here in the NAR forums, which I also questioned myself until I saw the $25 discount which might be of interest to our members. And she's actually making a bit of fun about herself in the process!

Actually, I think it's one of few times I understand a whole post from Meo, so I hope I'm right! :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

No ferry im not a :shock: ,... hehe\

But in the past we met and i know here plans or perhaps knew her plans so yeah i know whats she talking about lol :lol:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
meoPHOENIX

Post by meoPHOENIX »

lol ...

bilbo ... you have been the poor guy I was thinking most about when I wrote this :lol: (and killa :lol:)

smack hehehe

I'll fly till I'm burned! BURN BABY BURN! lol lool loool looool loooool loool looool loooool loooooo...
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

I little off topic here

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
I often wondered why If they are FSR league or part of they are posting here at NAR.
I have no problem with FSR but why post in another league what they are doing.

I just don't get it I am sure if I went over to FSR and posted about NAR they would ? it to.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
meoPHOENIX

Post by meoPHOENIX »

THAT'S THE POINT!!! (though I also had to think that some of my own posts .... ah well ... I am a women :lol: )

but this dude should really know in what forums he can post about this stuff ... he has linked them for visit those homepages :lol:

Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Publicity, and maybe some recruting, witch is ok, since its and open thread. I dont have problem with it, unless they do it in private, wtich they dont have access.
NAR.F1 driver
Ferry

Post by Ferry »

Well guys, and girl.

Maybe strange but iam a driver off the Twister team so thats why they put in a article in here from out team. and its not only about FSR. its about the team Twiser, and whe are driving in all kind off leagues. so this post is also made in other leagues.
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

I also dont have any problems with it.

Besides hitman, i think NAR is known better in fsr then you think. :roll:

Like steve helping us out once in a while togheter with limpy. You know when we mention NAR there they know who we talking about :wink:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Also don't forget they offer a $25 discount on a TrackIR device... :twisted:
2010 NA div. Admin
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

LOL even if it was for free i wouldnt install one lol, i think its quite disturbing to drive with it. :lol:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

But may be cool for fun driving
NAR.F1 driver
meoPHOENIX

Post by meoPHOENIX »

dutch power wrote:LOL even if it was for free i wouldnt install one lol, i think its quite disturbing to drive with it. :lol:
lmao ...

allrdy thought you might have forgotten what we saw in simworld.nl :lol:

believe me flow ... it is no fun :lol:

mercury

Post by mercury »

fsr.. FSR ? oh right traction control lol.................merc :roll:

Post by Guest »

dont think so merc.

also no AIDS
meoPHOENIX

Post by meoPHOENIX »

yep ... all drive noAIDS ... FSR ... SC ... F1RST3 ... ARMAROLI ...

but hey ... everyone can do what he has fun with :lol:

I don't like those leagues ... though I race with guys who use to race there! they are good and friendly ... but to often I get told about things that are not ok in these leagues!