Server availability

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
DanTheMan
Site administrator
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Server availability

Post by DanTheMan »

The OC-3 Internet connection to my apartment building is not working properly. It is going up and down all the time, often staying down for more than 10 minutes at a time. The problem has been reported to the ISP, but I do not expect it to be fixed today. It seems to be getting worse, with shorter and shorter uptime as time goes by. I might end up loosing connectivity alltogether for a day or two.

Please be patient and try to reconnect a few minutes later if you find the forums unavailable.

To make matters worse the No-IP dynamic DNS was offline for a few hours last night, making it impossible to reach the server by way of DNS name. Aparently they were hit by a DDoS attack.

/Daniel
Move over!!!
DanTheMan
Site administrator

Post by DanTheMan »

The Internet connection seems to have been repaired now. Access to the forum should be back to normal again.

/Daniel
Move over!!!
DanTheMan
Site administrator

Post by DanTheMan »

It looks like my Internet connection is misbehaving again. With some luck the problem will be fixed soon.

Sigh :cry:

/Daniel
Move over!!!
DanTheMan
Site administrator

Post by DanTheMan »

The problem turned out to be broken card (fiber interface?) at my ISP. Don't know exactly what was broken, but I was told on Saturday that they didn't have any spare parts and that it would take at least until Wednesday this week to get a new card shipped.

It is only Tuesday today and the Internet connection is already up. However, I am still seeing some minor packet loss between me and the name server at my ISP (normally a two hop connection with a RTT of about 1ms). This could be an indication that the problems are still not fixed properly.

Having missed one race and been without Internet for the duration of the long weekend is not fun at all. I really hope my ISP unplugs their thumbs...

/Daniel
Move over!!!