Twin towers banned by FIA

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
meoPHOENIX

Twin towers banned by FIA

Post by meoPHOENIX »

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/formula1/ger ... 1901.shtml

such a pitty ... and MS was about to test them :lol:

... have a nice day! ... have fun! ... I DO !!!

:twisted: meo :twisted:
I'll fly till I'm burned! BURN BABY BURN! lol lool loool looool loooool loool looool loooool loooooo...
don't fear - track taxis! take it to die in green hell for sure!
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Yup, lol. Tey find out that it was a big improvment, so other team may use it, so they start to wonder about them, lol.
Villeneuve who ask to paint antena black instead of white, is a pain in the ass with things that block his vision. He said about wing that was not big deal, was still able to see good with no problem since theyr are angle with is vision (same line of view). But he said that he felt a big difference on grip in curve, hummm, they will fin another plce to put them, im shure.

Ferrari and williams were taking a close look at it if FIA would let BMW use it. They know its better, even if its not beautifull. Ferrari said they would be suprise if FIA let use it, cause any that interfeer vision is not alowed.
NAR.F1 driver
meoPHOENIX

Post by meoPHOENIX »

jijiji

well makes me thinking if the nose itself really has to be without any wave at all :lol:

there are so much things that would make a big difference in the airodynamic for sure ...

you know ... maniac women ... maniac ideas :D

I'll fly till I'm burned! BURN BABY BURN! lol lool loool looool loooool loool looool loooool loooooo...
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Yeah but they need to stay in limit of technical rules. They have to find things that improve, make good use of wind, no side effect, and stay in rules. For seeing a report of F1 in a wind tunnel, this is not an easy job as we think, and the more important, is the cost of all those test. Remember that Sauber were not doing any last year. BMW have the budget to do it just like some team, but not all own they wind tunnel.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Also strange that in 1st, FIA give theyr aprobation to BMW to use it. In second taught, they revise theyr decision after they use it once, and now the dont alow the use of it. But BMW seem to agree the change of mind of FIA, cause it help them to make real live test, and gave them so mutch info that it was worth the cost to try it.
NAR.F1 driver
meoPHOENIX

Post by meoPHOENIX »

Flow wrote:For seeing a report of F1 in a wind tunnel, this is not an easy job as we think, and the more important, is the cost of all those test.
I know ... I talk from time to time to an airodynamic mechanic who is learning about the software of the wind tunnel atm.

and last year when the race at monaco was FIA announced that they have ordered a very big computer for doing airodynamic tests!

about the why alowed and then banned I agree with you.

have read a funny article about the not much with own stuff testing honda team but a lot of trouble causing in the point of bmw wings :lol: to sad it was just in german lol.

ah well ... differences in the chassy will change a lot in the future I guess ... would also give an own face/charakter to the cars ... so it would just be fine if there will be a development in that point in the future!

Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Technical note from official F1 report.

BMW Sauber F1.06 - vertical nose fins

This radical-looking aero solution was used in the last test at Jerez and then adopted for France. The two vertical fins on the nose, around 40 cm high, give the car an unconventional look, but fall within regulations regarding bodywork height. Their purpose is to improve stability and efficiently direct airflow towards the central and rear sections of the car. The concept is similar to that of the 'ears' on the Renault nose, but BMW Sauber have taken it to the extreme to increase its effect
NAR.F1 driver