Guess where J P Montoya will be next year !!!

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Steve

Guess where J P Montoya will be next year !!!

Post by Steve »

Just saw on ESPN < american sports cable network > Montoya will be driving for Chip Ganassi racing in NASCAR !!! WTF? they also said that he may do a few NASCAR Busch series races when the F1 Season is over this year. I really hate to see this, even though a lot of people are not Montoya fans, I've always liked him, he says what is on his mind, and is a pretty good driver that has had a LOT of had luck.
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Villeneuve also said if he gets no wheels in F1 next year, that he will maybe driver Nascar. But F1 driver are not welcome in Nascar from what i heard, lol. But as for Montoya, hes good, yeah, but if you takes all the accident cause and he got implicated, humm would you hire him for another season? especialy after what he did in T1 at USA? im shure his boss didnt apreciate. Hes a verry combative driver, but sometime too mucth is too mutch.
Last edited by Flow on 09 Jul 2006, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I think the worst move Montoya did was to accept a contract at McLaren. I mean, you have a very aggressive and outspoken driver driving for a team with a very stiff corporate image. That does not compute in my mind. He may have got away with it if he had put in the good performance but, while he did not do that badly, he did not live up to anyone's expectations. A Montoya with a "corporate" image is just not a Montoya, much less a successful one.

If he can get back to his old self, I believe Montoya should have success in NASCAR, especially if his team wants him to get (at least part of) his old attitude back, which I think will be required for him to gain any semblance of respect by the other NASCAR drivers.
2010 NA div. Admin
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Humm

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Well up untill the last couple of seasons I liked Montoya, Infact I still do what puts me off is his My Shit don't stink attitude specificly since he can not back it up and finish a drive not only for him self but for his team.
Look what he did at Spa (And this is only one of many) He had 2nd and instead of crusing to the end for points he took out not only him self but his old team and I still say it was becuase he is mad at the Williams team.

He is not a team player by no stertch and that is why no one is giving him a drive.
Can't blame them I would not hire him either. I bet he cost the McLaren team a lot of money with all the wrecks this season.
I can not even remember him finishing a race this year so far.

You know what they say
Montoya dont go away mad just go away. :lol:

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Montoya is no more driving an F1, start's today.
Pedro de la Rosa will drive instead of Montoya at France GP.

English link : http://www.formula1.com/news/4614.html
French link : http://www.rds.ca/f1/chroniques/208273.html
NAR.F1 driver
meoPHOENIX

Post by meoPHOENIX »

Bilbo wrote:I think the worst move Montoya did was ...
... definitly when he hit the poor camera man!

it was montoya's own fault not to pay attention where he was going to and more to look to the women he was talking to.

once a BMW driver or not ... I was mad with him since I saw this video!

... that was no fun! ... that was not a nice day! ... and HE DID!!!

:evil: meo :evil:
I'll fly till I'm burned! BURN BABY BURN! lol lool loool looool loooool loool looool loooool loooooo...
don't fear - track taxis! take it to die in green hell for sure!
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

And now AuperAgury will take Montagny for the last race, France. Then he will be replace by Yamamoto, 3rd driver up to now. They will release the SA06 in Germany, next to France GP.

Yamamoto in Quebec's french means : 'He have my bike' :roll: :mrgreen: lol
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

My oh my

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Well for me this move by Montoya and McLaren tells me alot (I Could be Wrong but) This sounds to me like they said
Glad to here you got a drive now get the hell out.
Don't go away mad just go away.
In years pass when a driver loses his seat I do not remember a time that they left before the season was over.
Even thow they are not saying it I see and feel there is a lot of anamosity at the McLaren team.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

I bet Pedro de la Rosa will kick ass in F1 this time too. Remember the last time he got the chance to prove himself. Was it Malaysia or China or Bahrain perhaps....last year.....he made some mistakes but he also made some great passes.

He can't be more dull than Montoya been this year anyway......damnit....I used to like Montoya when he screwed with Schummacher....hehe....
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
carrera

Post by carrera »

Montoya in NASCAR,
Well I'm sure someone like Jimmy Johnson will put him into the wall and then the usual excuse"I was searching for a faster line thats why I cut him off".
What a crock of shit.Watch out Mr. Hothead Montoya dude.Nascar guys are out for blood.I can picture it now.Montoya throwing his helmet at someone at the Bristol track.This may prove to be worth watching you know.LOL...
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

McLaren said that Montoya is not driving, but is still under contract till the end of season. He might get call back if needed.
NAR.F1 driver
aawil

Post by aawil »

Flow wrote:McLaren said that Montoya is not driving, but is still under contract till the end of season. He might get call back if needed.
Which is a nice way of saying we would like a few million from Chip if Juan wants to get started early.
meoPHOENIX

Post by meoPHOENIX »

carrera wrote:Montoya in NASCAR,
Well I'm sure someone like Jimmy Johnson will put him into the wall and then the usual excuse"I was searching for a faster line thats why I cut him off".
What a crock of shit.Watch out Mr. Hothead Montoya dude.Nascar guys are out for blood.I can picture it now.Montoya throwing his helmet at someone at the Bristol track.This may prove to be worth watching you know.LOL...
carrera 8) 8) 8)
hehehehehehe 8)

... have a nice day! ... have fun! ... I DO !!!

:twisted: meo :twisted:
I'll fly till I'm burned! BURN BABY BURN! lol lool loool looool loooool loool looool loooool loooooo...
don't fear - track taxis! take it to die in green hell for sure!

Post by Guest »

I mean, you have a very aggressive and outspoken driver driving for a team with a very stiff corporate image. That does not compute in my mind.
Hehe
Montoya in McLaren is not that big deal... Senna was fairly agressive too
And as for teammates taking each other out see Suzuka (1989 i think) http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... enna+prost
Ron Dennis has seen worse :lol: