Before Div2 and Div1 race at A1 Ring

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Alx

Before Div2 and Div1 race at A1 Ring

Post by Alx »

We should have clear rules on crossing the white line out of the pits.

At A1 there is also a white line into the pits, we need a rule here to so we dont have any misunderstanding.

Another thing on this track is curbs.
Now, how strict are you going to be here? Touch the green stuff one per lap ok? Or once during the race then dq?

This needs to be VERY clear to make it fair for everyone.

At San Marino it was obviously ok to touch the green stuff more than once per lap.

We need clear rules, clear judgeing and fair racing. Its easy to push and go 0,5 s quicker per lap if you know its ok if you happen to touch the green stuff. If its absolutely forbidden then you cant push.

Thank you.
a little bit sideways is always quicker
tackman

Post by tackman »

Amen! :D
tackman

Post by tackman »

And what about a idea how to drive if someone suffer bad lag?
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

San Marino was different from A1.....on San Marino it was hard to find a good racing line at all if you could not drive on the "green stuff".

A1 ring is different. You can push a lot more without touching the "green stuff". The rule is as clear as it can be. DONT DRIVE OUTSIDE THE TRACK. Race info section got screen shots to show you if you are not sure.

On qualifying its not allowed to touch the green stuff at all. On race maybe once/lap, cause you might be uncomfortable with a lot of fuel or blistered tyres. But if someone cut the same corner every lap you will be punished.

/ martin
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Well if u are in a big battle its a lot easyer to go over the curbs what then , its easy to brake to late and guess what u are than on the green stuff hmmm....:roll: :roll: :roll:

And when u comming into pit we all should be driving btween the wite lines, u can gain more time there if u go over the lines because u can drive a bit faster towards the pit.

A1 here whe come :twisted:

Post by Alx »

Yes dutch.

I agree with the line into and out of the pits. No crossing, no exceptions.

As for green stuff, what we are really saying is dont touch it. If you happen to touch it once or twice ok. But if you do it many laps or to gain time then dq.

Is this correctly understood by me?

Behind other drivers...that is tricky. Just the fact you loose downforce a major factor. If you have a plan going into the corner and the car infront of you makes a mistake and you get to close to his "dirty air", then you are going to have a problem and maybe go over some curbs in a attemp to same to car. In this case you usually end up losing time anyway, so this curb cutting thing must be based on if you make time by doing it.
Because if you try to drive clean and off the curbs and happen to slide over them then its because of a mistake, and its going to cost you more then you will have made.

This is where the judging come in to play, because if it was absolutly not legal to touch the curbs, then you would not have put yourself in a position where a mistake like that is even possible.

Saying all this crap above...I must say the racing now and the "Fair play" is absolute top quality by everyone. No one is trying to use any loop holes or excuses to cut the track.

SO ITS OBVIOUSLY WORKING FINE LIKE IT IS NOW, BUT IT WOULD BE GOOD TO BE EXTRA CLEAR...AT LEAST I WOULD FIND IT EASIER.

If you have read all this I am sure you will have many opinions yourself. Please write them!!!

Thank you.
/@lx
a little bit sideways is always quicker
Lavvy

Post by Lavvy »

a little other note
A1 is along with in my opinion GB, silverstone the main track/s that u can really reely on the track gripping...therefor i drive on the outter edge of traction here, perhaps more than anywhere.......on occasion i slip accross to the curbs....i cannot always helps it....if i brakes with that kinda speed and commitment it would be the end!......i dont make a habit of it, nor do it a on purpose, but its worth bearin in my this is a true speed track....people will over do it......the key is ....how much!
Lifes a bitch, then you marry one.