Toro Rosso Cosworth STR01

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Kaali

Toro Rosso Cosworth STR01

Post by Kaali »

This is a car I have been waiting to see! New brand, new car and the only car with 3 litre V10 this season.

It's not hard, when you know how......
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

nICE

Post by Ruben Miranda »

hELLO
That is a nice looking ride
But I don't understand why if thay built this car new they did not go with the V8 design?

Do's the redbull team not have the V8 for 2006 or is that also V10 powered with the restrictor plate.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Kaali

STR

Post by Kaali »

My theory would be that when the new engine rule was approved some thought or knew that Minardi's budget was not on the same level as the rest of the teams and therefore Minardi was given a dispensation to use a restricted 3 litre V10 so Minardi wouldn't have to develop a new chassis adapted for V8 engine and would also not have to buy new 2.4 litre V8 engines for 2006 season. But as we all know Dieter Mateschitz bought Minardi and there was nothing he could do as all agreements were in place for the Minardi team. That is why STR will use V10's while the rest of the teams will use V8's.
It's not hard, when you know how......
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

How, not bad, a minardi painted with RebBull logo. i prefer that one to the arrows/toro temporary paint in F1Champion :wink:
NAR.F1 driver
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Isnt this the car wich redbul has used last year??
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

On tororosso officiel site (a site that i dont like), i see nothing about it, no update, no new news. Maybe its not the final release or it is, maybe website will be update later.
NAR.F1 driver