Canadian 2016 GP

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Canadian 2016 GP

Post by Bilbo »

Hi guys,

If anyone in the NAR family plans on attending the 2016 Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal next June then let me know (here or PM) as I'll be there for the whole weekend this time so we could try to meet in person!

I hope things are going well for all of you and your families...
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Re: Canadian 2016 GP

Post by SteveB »

Hey Bilbo
I am going to try to come to the 2017 Canadian GP.
I wanted to come to this years GP but decided to late lol

Hope all is going well with you.
I am still very disappointed that we aren't racing here any more and can't believe that it's been already 5 years since we shut it down.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Keep in touch

CHEERS!!!
Steve B
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Well, next year can only be nicer because raceday was freakingly cold for the season at 10C with strong winds, humidity and a slight drizzle that felt like it wanted to turn to snow at times... :shock: :x :!:

Still, let's hope we'll have a race here next year since there are a few things to be worried about, including the tickets not being on sale yet (usually they start selling them a week after the previous race), not having even a provisionary date announced yet, Montreal City Hall/mayor not respecting their part of the 10-year contract that specified renovating/rebuilding the pits area and race support buildings before the 2017 race (contracts for these have not even been awarded yet) and, probably worst of all, uncle Bernie being actively looking for a new race promoter despite having one already who (as far as can be told from outside) appears to be respecting his end of the contract of getting people in the grandstands at maximum cost...

So yeah, other than almost catching a cold at the race, I'm doing great and miss simracing too, which I haven't done much in the past years. I had not realized that it was 5 years already... time flies! This forum is still part of my daily rounds, it's always good to hear about the old gang from time to time! :wink:

Don't be strangers, guys!
2010 NA div. Admin
carrera

Post by carrera »

Hi everyone,
It's been a busy year.I have had 2 days off in a year and 2 months.
I moved from up north down to just outside Vancouver in New Westminster.
My son and law and I have taken over a club and are currently running it.
It is an r.c drift club called Afro RC....we have 14 v.i.p members and do competitions with
Some of the drifters in the states.Very fast paced life down here.
I now have both a g25 wheel and a g27 wheel with extended paddles.
I run online formula drift mod ca
Led online drift using refactor 1.
It is a blast.
Off to work now.
Take care everyone
Carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Hi Guys,
I couldn't believe the weather at Montreal either. That would just confirm some peoples beliefs that we live in igloos up here lmao.
When I logged on last time I also took a look at the last active race and was stunned that 5 years have gone by so bloody fast, kind of scary if you think about it.
Lets hope that FIA and Montreal come to an agreement, to be honest I can't stand these new tracks being built, they are too long which produces extremely boring races.

Slow the pace down Carrera life goes by way too fast :shock: :shock:

Talk soon.
Miss everyone would be nice to see more come back.

Steve B
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN