WINGS give your opinion

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
dutch power
NAR administrator

WINGS give your opinion

Post by dutch power »

Well guys i was just watching the replay of Spain and there is one thing i found verry strange. Iam a little angry about it to.

Normally it should be possible if u lost your wing to go to pit and get another one. I lost wing and go to pits but my race was over. Is it so difficult to change a wing :? .

First question can it be fixed if u lo9st a wing to get a new one in the pits.

Than i come to one conclusion. I saw M1 spinning and drive further whitout wings, unfortinalty bigmac crash into m1 after m1 spun in the next corner because he was driving whitout wing. It ruins bigs race.

2nd) so if u cant get a wing in the pit its not useful to drive further because the race is simply over. So if u lost wing quit driving imedialty so u cant ruin other players race. The same happend me almost, i drove further whitout rearwing and dani and some other drivers came closer to me, they could crash into me to if i had spun. I saw that dani almost spun he goes sideways, i dont know if it happend because i was in front.

Wel this is a good thing to discus about.

I hope it can be fixed, in real time when u loose wing its also possible to change wing so i think it should be possible in NAR racing to. I hope there will be an solution for this.

DP after i saw big crash into m1 i had to tell this immedialty because it can ruin other drivers race.
DanTheMan
Site administrator
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by DanTheMan »

If you loose your rear wing or a wheel you might as well end your race immediately by either exiting the server (press ESC) or pull off the track and watch the rest of the race. There is no way to repair the rear wing or replace a wheel that has come off.

If you only loose your front wing you can have it replaced by doing a normal pit stop. But, make sure you stay off the racing line so that you don't interfere with the other drivers while driving to the pits.

/Daniel
Move over!!!
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

thanx i didnt know that.
Mostwanted 1

Wings

Post by Mostwanted 1 »

Well................first of all I had a shity race and I feel treble for bigmac's
dropout caused by the loss of my rear wing, and still struggling on too the finish! :(

But....the rules state .........IF this was a real race with the with the real rules!!
If you loose your rear wing in REAL TIME! you can go too the pit and the pitcrew can try too fix it ... but IF you decide too drive on with the loss of your rear wing! or any other dangerous damage that put the safety of the other drivers and yourself in danger the race commission will put out a black flag with your rider number on it, or a orange dot.. that means...... if you go over the START FINISH!!! they will show you the black flag, you have too com in the next lap OR you are DQ!!!.....SO it is NOT against the rules too finish your lap, {AND you’re RACE!} without your rear wing, or any other damage because you have 1 laps too respond too a black flag!
Now because it was the last lap! I could even get out of my car.. IF I HAD TOO!! and PUSHED my car over the finish!!... What I had to do was to go in the pit and finish my race there...{look at it as a drive trough I would have finish my race in the pit without stopping}now the corner where bigmac drove in too me..... I should have stopped and let him by.., but.. you all know the view is limited too the 2D screen and you can’t look around you! I WILL NOT use this as an excuse I ruined his race because I didn’t stop and let him by. SO! if this was a real!!! race, the commission would have said that I had too stop for the driver because I could see him coming.. And a penalty MIGHT follow......that’s the only drivers error you can account too me.. .that I drove a driver of the track wile I "could easely" seen him coming. Not because I drove on with no wings!!

But because we race here for fun!!!!! :lol:
I would accept any penalty EVEN! DQ without any anger! what so ever!

Well lavvy :wink: I await your answer :lol:
And I think I am not the only 1........
T.Karlsson

Post by T.Karlsson »

8) You are not going to be DQ M1 8)
you can put that to the bank :wink:
The Use Of Brakes Is a Sign Of Fear
tackman

Post by tackman »

:idea: There is one way to see the the driver behind catching up quickly and thats by the time to the driver behind,not actually SEE him but anyway knowing there is someone coming.

:)
DanTheMan
Site administrator
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by DanTheMan »

Also, looking behind instead of just relying on the mirrors makes a world of difference in your ability to see someone coming!
Move over!!!
sirsmokealot

Post by sirsmokealot »

my momo is set so i can push 1 button to see left 1 right and if i push both i see all behind :) ... well u probably all know thats possible , but if only 1 didnt know the tracks would be safer :)

THIS race report i try to do is allmost impossible to make , IT sounds ok for us who raced , but for strangers its hard to tell whats goin on ... i need to practice write those , and i cant promise i can make it today or maybe even not tomorrow , i am sorry :cry: ill make it when its possible for me (while not practice f1 or work hehe )...this report is made to our NEWS page so i wanna make it good , and dont rush ... and when i did 5 reports it might be easyer for me to explain it in a sensible way -....
bigmac777

Post by bigmac777 »

Hi all,

This is the way I see "Spain Incident"
First of all, you must know we mailed with M1 to try to find the same opinion about it but,as we couldn't see it the same way,
I will expose my opinion here as M1 did.

A few points about this incident :

[1] M1 crashed on the 31rst lap of a 32 laps race,so it wasn't the last lap.

[2] When you lose a rear wing on race you have 3 choices :
a/ Stop the race cause it's over ....
b/ Continue the race but if you pass the finish line you get DQ
c/ Continue the race but waiting for the leader to get to the last lap
then you follow him to the finish line,the game bugs and says
you finished 3rd and that brings to point [3]

[3] In the after race results board,M1 had no number of laps or average
speed or anything and that means to me he's got DQ too !

OK,Now you may ask, what does BIGMAC want ?

I won't ask for any DQ cause it seems that only me thinks driving without rear wing and crashing the following racer is careless driving.

What I want is a "rear wing flying crash" rule ...
Considering it's 10 points difference between M1's and my vision of the incident you can't ignore my query.

I just want to add the rule I've made mine (only for information):
If I lose a wing, I can go to the pits (except on last lap then I can finish race), taking special care of the other racers of course.
If it's only front wing I can repair and continue race but if it's rear wing,I can't repair and race is over...
So if I lose rear wing,no need to go to the pits for nothing, race is simply over...
Maybe this rule is wrong or right but it surely brings all of us the best solution to avoid stupid crashes and results.

I invite you all if interested to help to find this NAR rule it seems we all need about this case.

M1, I don't blame you,I simply can't get over this alone.
I hope you understand.I can't get to A1 RING with that feelings....

I still want to drive with FAIR PLAY FOR ALL.

BIGMAC777 30 points
sirsmokealot

Post by sirsmokealot »

I agree with your wing "rules" i allso quit if it isnt last lap, (see last race)...
well it is NOT up to me to say what we schould do , but i think if we loose rear wing we will quit, if ur not on last lap !!!
Mostwanted 1

Post by Mostwanted 1 »

well guys........just a thought :roll:

depands on how real u wanna make the game... here goes :idea:
What if....you lose a weel.........or wing.......and you are driving the same times as a backmarker i mean you are going just as fast as a less driver in the race with wings and weels? what than.....................

should you quit
Lavvy

Post by Lavvy »

any wing losage results in HUGE problems with control.....therefor i believe you become a hazard, fast laps or not, u will cut track, and run through chicanes.....i would have to say unless its the final lap, if you loose ur rear wing you have 2 choices:

hit escape and leave....

pull WELL of the track and watch the rest of the race......just my 2 cents/.
Lifes a bitch, then you marry one.
bigmac777

Post by bigmac777 »

Damn M1 are you getting mad?
You know that if you manage to lose two wheels then you're a .......biker :lol: :lol:
Just for the joke !!
Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

Hi guys,

Just my opinion about this.

Quit the race when you're not able to drive. When you loose a rear wing you're able to drive so you can continue. The other drivers on track will be informed by a yellow flag, so they know there is a slow driver on track.
The injured car must stay off the race line at any time when there is another driver comming, give him space to overtake.

Greetz,
Ferdi_FRT
Alx

Post by Alx »

I have to agree with Lavvy on this one.

If youre in a 32 lap race and loose your rear wing on lap 1-31, stop racing.

If it was last lap I agree with M1. I would push my car to the finish if I had to. In fact, if I proper crashed it I would carry the pieces over the finish line!! :)
a little bit sideways is always quicker
bigmac777

Post by bigmac777 »

HEY KILLA! really nothing to say about this? :roll: