F1RF 2009 TRACKPACK PROBLEM!

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
manos1212
Favorite team: McLaren
Are you a spam bot?: No

F1RF 2009 TRACKPACK PROBLEM!

Post by manos1212 »

When I load a track from 2009 trackpack it crashes!Any suggestions?
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: F1RF 2009 TRACKPACK PROBLEM!

Post by Bilbo »

One track in particular or all of them? Any error message or straight CTD? Online or single player (testing/race weekend)?

Anyways, the reasons are pretty much always the same: bad installation (i.e. installed at the wrong place), corrupted files (bad or incomplete download, harddisk problems) or conflict with other tracks.
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

are you using the RFT TRACKPACK??

If you are that is NOT the trackpack NAR is using.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

manos1212

Post by manos1212 »

Bilbo wrote:One track in particular or all of them? Any error message or straight CTD? Online or single player (testing/race weekend)?

Anyways, the reasons are pretty much always the same: bad installation (i.e. installed at the wrong place), corrupted files (bad or incomplete download, harddisk problems) or conflict with other tracks.
All of the tracks dont work!Straight CTD both online singleplayer every session!I am instaling it at C/Program files/rFactor/Gamedata/Locations
manos1212

Post by manos1212 »

Steve B wrote:are you using the RFT TRACKPACK??

If you are that is NOT the trackpack NAR is using.
I use the NAR trackpack on this computer!I want the 2009 trackpack for my little brother at his computer!(his computer has the same configuration as mine)!
manos1212

Post by manos1212 »

From now on i got errors like failed to load mas.file ........!HELP?
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

manos1212 wrote:I use the NAR trackpack on this computer!I want the 2009 trackpack for my little brother at his computer!(his computer has the same configuration as mine)!
With a .mas error this means the track is not installed properly or there is a double (another track installed with the exact same file names)
Can you open your LOCATIONS folder and take a snapshot of it so I can see what is in there?

Another thing you could try is DELETE the trackpack then put ALL your tracks into a temp folder on your desktop then re install the trackpack
and try it again. I am sure there is a track conflicting with the trackpack.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

manos1212

Post by manos1212 »

Maybe because he have got the 2010 trackpack and we have installed the 2009 trackpack!
manos1212

Post by manos1212 »

Steve B wrote:
manos1212 wrote:I use the NAR trackpack on this computer!I want the 2009 trackpack for my little brother at his computer!(his computer has the same configuration as mine)!
With a .mas error this means the track is not installed properly or there is a double (another track installed with the exact same file names)
Can you open your LOCATIONS folder and take a snapshot of it so I can see what is in there?

Another thing you could try is DELETE the trackpack then put ALL your tracks into a temp folder on your desktop then re install the trackpack
and try it again. I am sure there is a track conflicting with the trackpack.
I have done everything u said and it didnt worked!i dont know hot to take a snapshot!
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Are you trying to join a server or just race on your own?

If you are trying to join a server you have to have the same tracks loaded, you can't
join a server running a 2009 track and you have a 2010 track.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

manos1212 wrote:
Bilbo wrote:Anyways, the reasons are pretty much always the same: bad installation (i.e. installed at the wrong place), corrupted files (bad or incomplete download, harddisk problems) or conflict with other tracks.
All of the tracks dont work!Straight CTD both online singleplayer every session!I am instaling it at C/Program files/rFactor/Gamedata/Locations
The F1RFT09 Track Pack is meant to be installed directly in your main rFactor directory (NOT Gamedata/Locations)... It's probably a good idea to start again from scratch if your Locations folder now contains multiple copies of tracks.
2010 NA div. Admin
manos1212

Post by manos1212 »

Bilbo wrote:
manos1212 wrote:
Bilbo wrote:Anyways, the reasons are pretty much always the same: bad installation (i.e. installed at the wrong place), corrupted files (bad or incomplete download, harddisk problems) or conflict with other tracks.
The F1RFT09 Track Pack is meant to be installed directly in your main rFactor directory (NOT Gamedata/Locations)... It's probably a good idea to start again from scratch if your Locations folder now contains multiple copies of tracks.
I have reinstaled the rFactor and then ive instaled the trackpack(in the main folder)and it worked thanks guys!