Exclusive video preview - F1 2010™, the videogame

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Exclusive video preview - F1 2010™, the videogame

Post by Flow »

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 11136.html

Note: F1 2010 launches on September 24 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC, and is available to pre-order now on the F1 Store at Formula1.com. You can keep up to date with all the latest developments on F1 2010 on the game’s official website, http://www.formula1-game.com and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/formula1game.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi

Re: Exclusive video preview - F1 2010™, the videogame

Post by Flow »

hummm, if this game offers online multiplayer, this will probably hurt rfactor. Because, on the single player level, rf cant be compare to what we can see, it way over better than rf in many ways... Check multiple video on Facebook (dont need an account to see it, its public) : http://www.facebook.com/formula1game
NAR.F1 driver
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Mayby the game is cool and most likely its gonna beat rF who knows, but in the end it all stands with the question,... how good is the online netcode. After 5 years of rF im getting sick that we are still not having a decent F1 game with dynamic track conditions etc. I think many online racers dont realy care that much on how good a game looks, many people will first judge the physiks and then the online netcode,... atleast that counts for me. :mrgreen:

But yeah i hope the physiks and online netcode will be as good as the game looks. :) Cant wait to drive a proper F1 car in the rain again.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

It does look nice but I'm not sure if it will hurt rfactor very much.

It shall have a menu system from hell, a truly hideous nightmare which you'll almost certainly have to navigate using the arrow keys (because mice haven't been invented yet). And yes I am talking about the PC version, because in Codemastersland PC gamers will simply have to put up with whatever works best for the 'console version' (there aren't really two versions of the game - the PC version is the console version, with the added bonus of DRM free inside the box). I should probably clarify this as my grasp of the English language fails me - it is not 'DRM free', you simply get free DRM (in the box) as a nice present from Codemasters.*

*I should point out that I don't actually know if Codemasters are including DRM with this game, however you can rarely go wrong with assuming.

Physics is something I can't even be bothered to go into. These developers have a history of fooling the sim racing community - they tell us in great detail how realistic the driving model will be, they make it sound amazing! :P So then we rush out and buy the thing on the day of release*, only to find out it's a steaming pile of sh*t.

*I probably will buy it on the day of release, I'm just that crazy about F1... or just that stupid.

I still remain hopeful - I would love for this game to be good. I do believe the cars will be okay to drive, but they definitely won't be satisfying or realistic enough for sim racers. The lack of gameplay videos being played using a wheel is worrying, and the fact that the developers took the X360 version to a PC magazine is also a little bit suspect. So far Codemasters have been full of excuses to cover these things up - they've had an answer for everything.

But I know them better than that.
ForthRight
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Thanks Craig for smashing all hopes into one thousand pieces. :mrgreen: But to be honest after 5 years of rF with all the possibilities it offerd you would have saved a lot of money. So as long as the price stays reasonable i will buy it probably anyway, if its crap well then we always have rF as backup. :mrgreen: And maby this is good anyway because ISI is getting under presure to finaly release their rF2, although they said it would be released last year, then this year and with a bit of bad luck it will take another year,... year or 2 lol. O well i just stay patience, rF as it is still gives enough enjoyment of simracing as you can virtualy install anything you can think off. :D
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

dutch power wrote:Thanks Craig for smashing all hopes into one thousand pieces. :mrgreen:
lol... sorry. :oops:

Like I said though - i am still hoping it will be good because it has some great features (circuit graphics, dynamic track surface, 2010 season cars, wet weather etc), and like you i'm looking forward to driving an official F1 car in the rain again. :)

I just feel like i should expect the worst after being constantly disappointed by recent Codemasters games. NFS Shift as well was another disappointment (although it's not a Codemasters game). Ian Bell went on and on about how it would have the most realistic physics ever seen - in fact he said there was no rain in that game because they wanted to focus on doing perfect physics in the dry. Well... Shift certainly wasn't terrible - it was drivable and quite fun, but it certainly didn't have sim quality physics.

I think i've just lost faith. :?
ForthRight
Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

I agree with you about rFactor - it is still going strong and i'm happy with it. Would be nice if someone could convert the new F1 2010 game circuits into rfactor as well. :)
ForthRight
Jools
Favorite team: Williams

Post by Jools »

Unless they confirm dedicated server support then leagues won't use it. Trying to run a league with one of the players hosting the race on their connection will make for lag hell.

Will there be dedicated server support? Last I looked it wasn't confirmed, it may have been since.

Wasn't the max racers online stated to be 12 or something as well?

Just found this

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/ ... ost-3.html

Looks like 12 players max in online races
No dedicated servers

If I get it then it'll be for single player only. It's not going to replace rF
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

As far as multiplayer goes, it's DOA for league use because it only supports MAX 12 PLAYERS. And that's advertised as a "feature"! :roll:

Granted, it's not that often that we get a grid with more than 12 drivers but it sure is nice to entertain the POSSIBILITY of having a full F1-like grid...
2010 NA div. Admin
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Well i will still buy it though :mrgreen:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

yeaa am gonna order mines to, :) 8)
have to test it, :roll:
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello

Bilbo Wrote:
As far as multiplayer goes, it's DOA for league use because it only supports MAX 12 PLAYERS. And that's advertised as a "feature"! :roll:

Granted, it's not that often that we get a grid with more than 12 drivers but it sure is nice to entertain the POSSIBILITY of having a full F1-like grid...
My thought on this ( I know I can be umm) Sarcastic at times or something else
But if they say 12 players more then likely 8 players or less remember F1 C

I will will more then liley not get it unless the sounds are great and they can be made to work for Rfactor
Even then maybe someone will do it and give it out :D

I only say this because of all the mods the sounds have always seemed to be under par to me.

Ruben M.
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Steve

Post by Steve »

I'll probably buy it after it is out for a while, and it gets cheap, lol. The limit of 12 for multiplayer screws it for me...
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
carrera

Post by carrera »

Hi all,
I'll buy it probably so I can get a laugh in...hahahaha....
Codemasters just sux when it comes to racing games.
Somewhat like simbin..a letdown to say the least.
I'll get it just to race in the rain and see the eyecandy.
As for multiplayer.....ya right....like always....
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
carrera

Post by carrera »

p.s.
Nice to see flow and turn a few laps with him last night.
He still has it and today he is gokarting with his kids.SHow em how
its done my friend...nice to know you still rock(speed wise you never lose that).
Awesome.......
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Haha, call me crazy but i see a shimmer of hope here - Ant. Im not sure he'd want to sit and eat up all the fancy things he's said about the physics being so good if it turns out terrible. Of course, i guess it depends on how much they pay him :)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Last edited by Racer on 20 Aug 2010, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

When a game gets that choppy frame rates on my PC, I go out and get a new video card. Too bad that video was on a console! :roll: (hopefully that was a beta build and they optimize it some more before release!)
2010 NA div. Admin