Lost connections

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
DanTheMan
Site administrator
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Lost connections

Post by DanTheMan »

I was surfing the FSR website (http://www.formula-simracing.org/) and saw this rule that they use for online play:

---[snip]---
Once 30 second, "session end" warning has been given, all drivers to be in main menu screen. No chats permitted after 30 second warning, and please make sure you are on the main menu, otherwise you may be left behind. Main menu = Timing Screen
---[snip]---

They do this to reduce the possibility of disconnects when changing sessions. I also saw a reference to this on another forum (Team Redline).

I don't know if this is just folklore, or if there is something that really helps keep people connected. Even if it only helps a little I think it's a good idea. I have never been disconnected myself, but one of these days will be the first, and I'm not looking forward to that.

BTW, I am moving forward with the VPN test at the end of this week. If you haven't already done so, please try to set up VPN on your computer so that we can test F1 2002 over VPN later this week. I am not currently running an F1 2002 server, but you should be able to at least set up the VPN connection and ping 192.168.1.221. If that works you should have no problem connecting to the F1 2002 server once I start it.

/Daniel
Move over!!!
Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

Good tip andy. sometimes when I switch between chatroom and main menu before the race I sometimes got disconnected. That's why I allway stay at the chat room, sinds then I go no disconnecting anymore.

Something different. When I click the "FORUM" button on the NAR website I don't see new posts (the orange flag before the topics), but when I open the forum in a new window I see the orange flag to tell me there's a new post. How is this possible?

Greetz,
Ferdi_FRT
DanTheMan
Site administrator
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by DanTheMan »

Ferdi_FRT wrote:Something different. When I click the "FORUM" button on the NAR website I don't see new posts (the orange flag before the topics), but when I open the forum in a new window I see the orange flag to tell me there's a new post. How is this possible?
Don't know. Maybe you don't get logged in properly? The state of the flags are stored in the database for each user, so for the flags to become orange you need to be properly logged in.

/Daniel
Move over!!!
Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

Hmm.. well I'm logged in prober.. (how to check?)
It seems like when the forum is loaded in a frame the orange flags won't work (for me). Is it just me who have this problem?

Dan, plz. don't think that I'm a guy who give comment to your work. This "problem" is a very little one! I'm just trying to help.

Keep on doing the GREAT (!!) work! My compliments! :!:

Greetz,
Ferdi_FRT