MOSLEY STEP DOWN (new rules for 2010) - June 24th

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

MOSLEY STEP DOWN (new rules for 2010) - June 24th

Post by Flow »

READ THIS :

£40 million budget cap and 13 teams for 2010
FIA Flag as the grid girls practice their routine. Formula One World Championship, Rd2, Malaysian Grand Prix, Sepang, Malaysia, 22 March 2003

Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, has revised its budget cap plans for 2010. Teams signing up for the optional cap must limit their spending to £40 million per year (£10 million higher than originally proposed) in exchange for greater technical freedom. This will not include driver salaries or, for 2010 only, engine costs.

Thirteen teams will be accepted for next year’s championship and all must apply by May 29, 2009, stating whether they wish to compete under the budget cap or not. New constructors will be eligible for a participation fee and assistance with travel expenses from commercial rights holder Formula One Management.

A new Costs Commission will monitor and enforce the budget-cap regulations. Those teams accepting the cap will be able to run constantly adjustable wings, engines with no rev limit, more powerful KERS systems, and - in theory - four-wheel drive. They will also be allowed unlimited out-of-season track testing with no restrictions on the scale and speed of wind tunnel testing.

Other 2010 changes for all teams include the expected ban on refueling and tyre warmers, and an increase in the minimum car weight from 605 to 620kg, a move designed to offset the disadvantage heavier drivers face when running KERS.

The full statement from the FIA:
2010 FIA Formula One World Championship

Applications to compete in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship are to be submitted to the FIA during the period 22-29 May 2009. Teams must state in their application whether they wish to compete under cost-cap regulations.

The maximum number of cars permitted to enter the Championship has been increased to 26, two being entered by each competitor.

The FIA will publish the list of cars and drivers accepted on 12 June 2009, having first notified unsuccessful applicants.

Cost Cap Regulations

From 2010, all teams will have the option to compete with cars built and operated within a stringent cost cap.

The cost cap for 2010 will be £40m per annum*. This figure will cover all team expenditure except:

Marketing and hospitality;
Remuneration for test or race drivers, including any young driver programmes;
Fines or penalties imposed by the FIA;
Engine costs (for 2010 only);
Any expenditure which the team can demonstrate has no influence on its performance in the Championship;
Dividends (including any tax thereon) paid from profits relating to participation in the Championship.
* For the purposes of these Regulations, the financial year is 1 January to 31 December.

A new Costs Commission is being set up to monitor and enforce these cost-cap financial regulations. The Costs Commission will consist of a Chairman and two other Commissioners, appointed by the WMSC for terms of three years.

One Commissioner should be a finance expert and the other should have high level experience in motor sport. The Chairman should have appropriate experience and standing in motor sport or sports governance. All members of the Costs Commission shall be independent of all teams.

In addition to the payments which it already makes to the top ten teams in the Championship, Formula One Management, the commercial rights holder, has agreed to offer participation fees and expenses to the new teams. This includes an annual payment of US$10 million to each team plus free transportation of two chassis and freight up to 10,000 kg in weight (not including the two chassis) as well as 20 air tickets (economy class) for each round trip for events held outside Europe.

To be eligible for this, each new team must qualify as a “Constructor” and demonstrate that it has the necessary facilities, financial resources and technical competence to compete effectively in Formula One.

To enable these cars to compete with those from teams which are not subject to cost constraints, the cost-capped cars will be allowed greater technical freedom.

The principal technical freedoms allowed are:

1. Movable wings, front and rear.
2. An engine which is not subject to a rev limit.

The teams will also be allowed unlimited out-of-season track testing with no restrictions on the scale and speed of wind tunnel testing.

Changes applicable to all teams

It was confirmed that from 2010, refuelling during a race will be forbidden in order to save the costs of transporting refuelling equipment and increase the incentive for engine builders to improve fuel economy (to save weight).

It was also confirmed that tyre blankets will be banned and that the ban on other tyre-heating devices will be maintained.

Full details plus information on further amendments to the 2010 Sporting and Technical Regulations will be available shortly on http://www.fia.com.

By exception, if supported by the Safety Commission, the FIA WMSC may approve the issue of the Formula One Super Licence to persons judged by the Council to have met the intent of the qualification process.
NAR.F1 driver
Fred

Re: New rule for 2010

Post by Fred »

Idiots...idiots....idiots.................
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Norbi123

Post by Norbi123 »

Everything is cool for me beside:

"Other 2010 changes for all teams include the expected ban on refueling and tyre warmers"

if not that SHIIITTT it could be almost perfect changes;o
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Flow wrote:A new Costs Commission will monitor and enforce the budget-cap regulations. Those teams accepting the cap will be able to run constantly adjustable wings, engines with no rev limit, more powerful KERS systems, and - in theory - four-wheel drive. They will also be allowed unlimited out-of-season track testing with no restrictions on the scale and speed of wind tunnel testing.

(...)

To enable these cars to compete with those from teams which are not subject to cost constraints, the cost-capped cars will be allowed greater technical freedom.
Ferrari said that They dont want to race under 2 different level of car on track, judge unfair. 8)

FIA anwser? F1 can live without Ferrari... :(

Toyota comment - We are stopping F1 at end of 2009, unless that rule is not changed. :?

To be continued...
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

I think WILLIAMS is also going to do the same.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Williams only said that they dont want 2 level of car on track. Only comment for them up to now.

REDBULL OUT OF F1, END OF 09
RedBull officialy said that they will quit F1 at the end of season if 2010 rules are not changed...
NAR.F1 driver
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

yeah, ferrari bmw toyota and redbull x2(i can only guess its both their teams)...renault also sceptical. I cant see this going through at all, mosley will have to surrender...
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Fred

Post by Fred »

Ferrari to exit if budget cap not revised

12 May 2009

The Ferrari team has said it will be departing from Formula One at the end of this season unless governing body the FIA changes rules surrounding its proposed budget cap for 2010. The system would see entrants being limited to £40m per season whilst enjoying greater technical freedom, but also allows for a controversial two-tier championship.

Ferrari's decision follows a meeting of the company's board of directors at its Maranello headquarters, as the team becomes the third - after Toyota and Red Bull - to hint an exit at the end of 2009.

"The Board considers that, if this is the regulatory framework for Formula 1 in the future, then the reasons underlying Ferrari's uninterrupted participation in the World Championship over the last 60 years - the only constructor to have taken part ever since its inception in 1950 - would come to a close," the official statement read.

The statement following Tuesday's meeting, which also charted Ferrari's progress so far this year, added that the team - with the spending limit option giving the possibility of two sets of technical regulations being used in one season - is disappointed about "the methods adopted by the FIA in taking decisions of such a serious nature".

With this case being the third to involve a current team's threatening to leave the sport, an FIA response is highly likely; in the event of the budget cap system being modified or abandoned, however, chances of seeing new entrants on the grid for 2010 will decrease.
That does it I guess. Don't think it'll go through.
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

actually, this could be great! if they start up a own series, that means viasat wont have the rights to broadcast it and maby tv4 or svt could snatch it back :) hahaha! and viasat will be stuck with the crappy teams that are left
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

aaand there it goes, renault confirmed they won't be a part of the 2010 season either if FIA push through the rule changes.
Fred

Post by Fred »

kaffemaskin wrote:actually, this could be great! if they start up a own series, that means viasat wont have the rights to broadcast it and maby tv4 or svt could snatch it back :) hahaha! and viasat will be stuck with the crappy teams that are left
Yes that would be fantastic. They would really be "sitta i skiten" so to speak.
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Dont worry, im shure that since half of team express officialy a retirement if rules dont change, im 99.9% shure that FIA dont have choice to modify their rules. But this is stupid, FIA will loose face, and if they still dont change the rule, if teams dont quit, they will look like fool and that they dont have pants to endorse their decision. It will be a game of who will be the bigger balls! Mosley will have to quit FIA and the new president will come back on the decision... this will be the only option for FIA to keep their heads up... no? Lets see what will hapend.
NAR.F1 driver
Steve

Post by Steve »

There is no way the FIA will just let those teams leave...
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Moooosely, today, said that the rules wont change and that there is no big chance that Ferrari will quit.

He also said that Sena was the king of F1 and when he died, F1 continued as it was before. Mosley said that the thing about F1 cant run without Ferrari is not true.

Ferrari is brigning FIA in court to not change the rules as they are now.
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

The son of ENZO FERRARI....PIERO FERRARI said they are not joking when they said FERRARI will pull out of F1 if the 2010 rule change stands.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 5603.shtml

ALSO the Mayor of ROME said "I do not want to consider the idea of a Grand Prix of Rome without Ferrari"

He also said that Sena was the king of F1 and when he died, F1 continued as it was before.>>> That is a rediculous statement IMO
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Even old F1 champions feel the FIA is doing wrong with the sport.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 3003.shtml

I couldn't agree more. :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

i bet that if nothing is going to change, this will cost Mooooosley head :mrgreen:
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

On May 19th, the audience at France Court will start, Ferrari against FIA to freeze actual 09 rules.

Teams have between May 22 to 29 to subscribe for 2010 season...
NAR.F1 driver
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

LIke i said, looks like they found eachoter somewhere in the middle now, although money cap stays at 44 mil,.. lets see what big teams have to say about that. Let the whining start. :lol:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

France Court rejected Ferrari request. Up to now, the only thing is to accept new rule, or as they said, not race next year... :?

I bet they dont race... if they dont, they will look like idiot after saying they wont race. 8)
NAR.F1 driver