Hockenheim

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Jan Weber

Hockenheim

Post by Jan Weber »

hi,
the current track is REALLY bad in quality... why dont we use better ones? the converts from gtr2, gtl are very good.

the current track just is no fun at all....
scuderiafn

Re: Hockenheim

Post by scuderiafn »

The general opinion is that the current RFT track and the GTL versions are too bumpy.
The current track on the server may not have the best layout, but it reminds very much of the RFT version, although it's wider.
NAR Euro Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro # 5
Cue-bitzer hit Bådää into T1, causing Fart-in-Source to get by!
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

[quote="Jan Weber"]why dont we use better ones? the converts from gtr2, gtl are very good.quote]

The thing is that we try to use 'legal' conversion track, up to now, its going fine. We learn from past, not that we went in trouble with original owner, but not all track is perfect, and some need too mutch adjustment and we finaly sometime end up with bugs (or invisible wall :roll: :wink: ) Anyway, i will pass all the detail, but it is better the way SteveB and admin choose the track for us.

BUT, any good suggestion can be given to SteveB, but not at last minutes. Take the list of second half of season track, and suggest any better one, then he will have time to consider your suggestion. SteveB is working many hours per weeks for eatch track that we use, we must not forget that, and its all free for us.
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Sorry but I did hours of work on the GTL Hockenheim track for MMG and IMO it is horrid.
The FPS is extremely low and not all NAR drivers have honkin PC's to run it.
I posted the link for it so you guys could choose which version to run on and I had no responce so it is way too late for this now.

The current track we are using is almost an identical layout, I converted it from F1C 3 years ago....I've worked on and ran on both of them for testing.
The GTL layout might be a bit longer.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7600 ... eimjp5.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9758 ... eimxu6.jpg
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Max Römer

Post by Max Römer »

I think the futam track is very realistic but gtr 2 is good too
Max Römer
Red Bull
Max Römer

Post by Max Römer »

we can juse the mmg08 track

http://www.f1mods.com/downloads.htm#
Max Römer
Red Bull
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Come on guys, we're not going to have a complete track change on the eve of a race without a VERY good reason... To put things in perspective, we HATE to have track changes even one week before the race (even if it happened sometimes).

This has been mentioned in another thread but if you have recommendations to make about tracks, you should ideally send them to SteveB 1-2 weeks before we start practicing on them (so that typically means 3-4 weeks before our race). Even if you don't like it, there's a lot of hard work put into these tracks...
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Hi Guys,

I released the REVISED GTL HOCKENHEIM 08 version.
NEW start lights have been added, pit lights work properly and fixed the sponsors on the 2 bridges on the back straight, also did some texture updates.
I think this should be the version we use next season with the MMG 08 F1 mod :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?iyoyz3ifdvn
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

carrera

Post by carrera »

Hello fellow racers,
I know JAn means well but the serious truth is that Steve B takes into consideration that not everyone has a killer P.C.
That is the real reason for making sure the track has decent FPS and Steve B has seriously put mega time into making sure
we are all happy with the track and sometimes less bumps.I know sitting in that cockpit and bouncing up and down makes me nauseas.
I know Hitman said the same thing a while ago.It is hard to drive when your screen is jumping up and down.In my opinion though.
MAybe next year we should have the option of a T-cam for us old people with weak stomachs(did I say old...no way)...LOL...and then bumpy
tracks don't matter that much but for now.Our main concern is FPS and smoothness.
AT least make sure there are no more changes a week before the race just so we don't get caught out.
I know people like my teamate KOma cannot be here practising and keeping up all the time.
I think maybe that is more of my main worry but I will repeat once again...STeve B....is doing an A1 job and is continuing to do so.
I think maybe we should make Steve B president of the united states...why?...cuz he listens...do you know an american president who does that?
I don't...and since Steve B can fix anything...he's got my vote...LMAO...(gotta be better than our prime minister who looks like he owns.....GEEKS R US..)
(Smiling as I say that)....and as big JOhn Mcarthy would say....LETS GET IT ON....
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Thanks for the up lifting comments Carrera....you made my day :)

As it stands now because of the MMG 07 SE mod not being correct most of the track bumps have to scaled down so the car is driveable.
With the release of the MMG 07 SE V2 mod this will be a thing of the past...I can assure you of this, the cars will be able to handle the bumps and curbs on any track.

I apollogize to anyone who doesn't like the tracks I did on my own (F1C) but I have them done already and need just a few tweaks to get them race ready.
I don't have enough feedback from MMG head admins as to what tracks they want me to edit so I have to revert back to mine so we all have enough practice time for our races and unfortunately by the time I get word from MMG it is too late for us (NAR) to switch versions.
There wouldn't be many guys here who would be happy (including myself) with only a couple of days\nights worth of practice.

I have been informed that for the 08 season mod MMG will have the FULL 07 tracks...so I guess I will be very busy during the winter. :shock: :shock:

So for the remainder of the season be patient and have FUN.....in the end that's what it is all about....isn't it??

Next season should be a lot better as far as the mod and tracks are concerned.

CHEERS

Steve B
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN