NA Canada race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA Canada race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... Canada.zip (13MB, contains race and qual. replays)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
Last edited by Bilbo on 09 Jun 2008, 03:52, edited 1 time in total.
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Re: NA Canada race, post your comments here...

Post by Steve »

Had a bad race, nuff said, haha. Sorry to The Grumble, I tagged him in T 3 I believe it was, I just couldn't stop in time ( lap 1 )
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Wow, got the pole over Doris of -.077, that was close. It was even closer with Mario, he was at +.003 on his 5th lap, but he did 1 lap too mutch and got DNF, too bad :roll: :wink: . My start went slow, as usual, and Doris got in front of me for the 1st few laps. After fighting alot behind him, mistake came with pressure, and i got him at S of pit entrance by the inside of the exit of curve. After that i was hoping he would of slow down Mario that was already 3rd. And at airpin, i think that contact occured between them and form there i was in kind of a «safe» lead. My race was pretty lonely, after 15 laps, Mario was no more on track, i had enough gap to cruise to the end. Tell me about the end, i was now pacing in 17-18's instead of my 15-16's easy, slowing down and keeping at least a 40 sec in front of Bilbo. I was wondering if my brake would last till the end, and while i was thinking of the win and the lead and bla, bla, bl... BANG! lost front wing at exit if S of Pits. I have to do a full laps without front wing, 2 laps to go. I pit in, 15sec damage, exit 2-3 sec behind Bilbo. I even got a penality for speeding, so i decide, waht the hell, i will complete race within 3 laps, never mind the penality. :shock: Even with +1 lap in front of SteveB, FIA :wink: decide to put be 3rd, behind SteveB. A 68 laps clear lead to finish 3rd :evil:

All i can say, never think you can slow down and finish safe, untill its realy finish. I just droped my 2nd win in row cause i tought that the win was in my pocket.

Congratulation Bilbo and SteveB, Canada left 2 more surviver than Monaco :mrgreen:
Last edited by Flow on 09 Jun 2008, 04:16, edited 3 times in total.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Ho and Steve, did we had a meeting planed in S of Sena? The 3 times i laped you, it was at exact 3 same places, lol
NAR.F1 driver
Steve

Post by Steve »

haha, yeah, i saw you too many times !!
TheGrumble

Post by TheGrumble »

Steve wrote:Had a bad race, nuff said, haha. Sorry to The Grumble, I tagged him in T 3 I believe it was, I just couldn't stop in time ( lap 1 )
No problem Steve. It happens.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Well, what can I say. I guess I should thank all of you for handing me the win! :P I don't mean to sound arrogant but I don't have much merit in winning this race...

Really, I got a just okay start but, as is my habit when I'm near the front of the grid, I screwed up most of my lap 1 and was 6th or 7th after just a few turns. As I was getting my act together (relatively speaking), I started climbing positions by pretty much just passing cars spinning on the grass or in the walls or in the pits. I'm not even sure I did a "real" pass on anyone on the track tonight, other than for lapped traffic, I think all my positions gained were the result of incidents in front of me. The closest I had to a fight was with SteveB and that lasted for 20-25 laps. We pitted together but he passed me in the pits while my team were repairing damage I did not remember about (15 seconds pit stop for DAMAGE). I came out 2-3 seconds behind him then later did a mistake that again left me 5-6 seconds behind but, as I was getting closer again, he spun in front of me and that was the end of that fight. I was then P2 and that was pretty much all I could hope for unless Flow had some problems. Since I had made it without too much problem so far, I decided to push more for the last 10 laps or so, in case Flow had brake problems (keep in mind that Flow was about 45 seconds in front at that time and it was clear that he was taking it easy). I got my fast lap in that time and, what do I know, about 2 laps from the end, Flow goes to the pits for what appears to be a long stop. I come out about 3 seconds in front of him and, figuring he was on a "cold car" and that he wouldn't be a real threat even if he were 1 second per lap faster than me (given that the end was so close), I just made sure I stayed in front to the end. Things would have been different if the race had lasted for 5 more laps but I was happy that it did not. :wink:

Congrats to SteveB for his P2 and Flow for his P3 (although it does not taste good), and to all others for participating. See you in France in 2 weeks.
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Congrats Bilbo !! after i crashed out, i stuck around for a while and watched you and SteveB battle it out for about 10 laps, good stuff!!!
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Hi Guys,

WOW what a race :)

My qualy wasn't too bad, I knew I wasn't a quick as the others on heavy fuel but 6th on the grid was OK.

My start was a little slow but clean and like what happened with BILBO I never battled anyone for position I made up my positions by others spinning.
Once I got my nerves calm and got into a rythem I saw Bilbo behind me and knew we were going to battle because he was a bit faster than I was.
I was really cautious this race because I wanted to finish :) :)

I forget which lap it was but exiting T8 I got on the throttle a little too soon and spun and saw Bilbo pass (hope I left you enough room Bilbo)
I got it together and was about 5 seconds back.
Bilbo must have made a mistake because the gap closed to about 2 seconds.

When it was time for the first pit stop I couldn't beleive Bilbo and I pitted together but was happy to exit infront of him.

Then on lap 48 I went to lap Grumble on the back straight then setting up for the last chicane....then...BANG!!!...spin....tag wall....spin.....lost my front wing and had suspension damage.I had to do a FULL lap to reach the pits and had a 50 second pit stop, of course thats when I got lapped.

It was an amazing race.
Sorry to Flow for your 3rd you were on fire here but CONGRATS just the same and also to Bilbo for the win (take them how they come :) )

C U in France
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Ha Mario! When i said i was doing 1 stop, it was only to confuse you, i was on 2 stop :mrgreen: Im shure it didnt made a difference to you :D My pace was : 1 stop in 17's, 2 stop in 16's low and 3 stop in 15's high, but the pitline is not short, so too mutch time lost in there to do a 3 stops.
NAR.F1 driver
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

hi guys :D
congrat bilbo for the win im happy for u and all other who finish the race
for me i have a very good start form the back of the field till p4 in t1 then i chase a bit jimmy and he make mistake a few time he went wide in a few corner so i finally overtake him easy and i start to chase my tm8 oly shit im sorry doris for the conctact at the hair pin damn very sorry m8 but before taht i have a little touch whit the rail that damage my rear suspension and the hit whit doris broke front suspension atm the car start to be undrivable so i decide to full gas till i hit the wall and kill my self lolllll
i was on 2 pit strategy race pace 16 low till 15,4 on 3 pit 15 hight till 14.9 on 1 pit 16 hight n dounw that was my kind of race i was suppose to do lolll anaway its done and i will prepare for france cya there :twisted: