my 1st real national A race.....

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
sirsmokealot

my 1st real national A race.....

Post by sirsmokealot »

HI guys , i have news , some shitty and some EVEN more shitty :(

The 13/9/03 i went to Grindsted track to race my kart , in my 1st ever race in NAT A , i was ALLMOST too late :oops: well i arrived to track 10 mins before the qualify and i didnt have any time to do anything (MY BAD YES I KNOW AND WHAT A SILLY 1) , well i pumped my old wheels up , ABOUT 1-2 mm rubber left on em , and went out THINKING all was oke . BACK after 5 mins of 10 when i could see my tires was on the innerleather lol :) ... i think i had a BAD time , but then the official came to me and said i had 2nd best qualify time :) well other still had 5 mins left !!! he loked at my wheels and laughed his ass off , u could see the BASE wheel with no rubber left .-) ..... well anyway after 10 mins i was 2nd so THAT i was SO happy about :) .. then technical controll , again my wheel got noticed , and i was checked hard on brake system and safety wire checked and so on.... well ALL oke , and i thinked HUUUUUUUHAAAAAAAAAA ... THEN i was going onto the weight , here we MUST weight ATLEAST 150 kilos :) , but here the BIGGEST dissapointment i ever had , I WEIGHED 700 grams TO LITTLE (149.3) RESAULT DQED .. i was SO angry at myself and i felt i could have kicked the oficials ASS so hard my boot would dissapear .... well the other from my club came and asked what was wrong and i explained , and they could see why i was angry lol , well its a ROOKIE mistake, but i NEVER tryed to have me and kart on weight so i took a chance and LOST !!! BUT 2nd i was EXCLUDED totally from race , ME and my "friends" from the track said WHY CANT HE START LAST ???? official said , RULES ARE RULES and RULES are to be hold !!!! AAARGH i KICKED my empty fuel can so far away they never found it again, and i LEFT the scene , this is more than just a club race to me , but i think the RACERS was so nice and tryed to get me IN the race , but the STUCK UP MARSHALL wouldnt allow me to race :( ...

i gotta say the first 8 drivers was from 40.10 to 40.49 , i was at 40.12 BUT i had a advantage of 700 grams , SURELY it give something but i dunno how much , but maybe i had been top 5 even with 700 grams more on my ass ????? i dunno .... all i can say IT was NOT the way i wanted to start , BUT again i was indeed 2nd on shit wheels , NOW again i DIDNT look at any other racers tires , maybe they also used warn tires in Q and good in race i dunno ....well next race is FAR away because season is ending , BUT i am going to practice anyway , so TO any u guys that MIGHT come by :) u can still test it , BUT track is open TUESDAY THURSDAY AAAND SATURDAY !! from 1500 - 2000 CET .... ALX stop by soon i need a pro to see it its setup are any good now hehheh :)
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

700 grams what a lousy shit man

its good to here that u are fast with it and next time u will beat them 8)

And that marshal well ill give him a virtual kick..... KICK i bet he feld that.

CYA at USA
Alx

Post by Alx »

WHAT???

You got excluded for underweight??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????

No way dude!!!
Yes, you were supposed to be moved to the back, but not excluded! That is the absolut dummest thing I have ever heard in my day!! EXCLUDED????? JESUS!

Nonono...I have raced a lot of go-kart. You dont get excluded for underweight, and if you do that would be incredible. No way nonononono.

Is this some special Danish rule? This is insane.

You should call you Automobile association and ask if this is the rule because this is absolutly unaceptable.

Oh, and 700 grams does fuck all to you laptime. Nothing! If you had some new tyres they would weigh more and you would be legal + go quicker!

BUT SMOKE!"!!!! YOU ALWAYS WEIGH THE KART AT THE CIRCUIT BEFORE EACH RUN!!!!

What a rookie mistake. Im sure you will never do it again.

DAMN Im very angry now for all this!
a little bit sideways is always quicker
sirsmokealot

Post by sirsmokealot »

M8 i can post the FULL CLUB RACE TEXT file in danish telling the added rules to it , i can say a fewpoints from it ....
THE technical control must be verifyed from a OFFICIAL .
If u have some criterias that dosent follow the rules u can be dispelled from race !!!(see p.64.33 in club manual ) , HERE it say if u have underweight on ur cart u MUST be set to END of grid, IF 2 cart´s have underweight the BEST time ends last in grid . ???? HUH here it say what ALX say , MAAAN OH SHIT , maybe i had more mistakes on my cart , BUT WHY DIDNT THEY SAY ANYTHING ????????? , i had plenty of time until RACE so i could manage to change wheels and so on ... SHIT man ....ARE u allowed to change wheels after qualify ??? i really dunno MAYBE my tires got DQed ??? it says nothing about it ...

ALX THANKS man for say that , ILL ASK SOME QUESTION IN THE CLUB TOMORROW !!!!! :evil:
Alx

Post by Alx »

yeah man you better!!

I would have guessed there would not be a rule against how many tires you can use in a club meeting.

This is all VERY strange
/@
a little bit sideways is always quicker