Recruiting new member for NAR

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Recruiting new member for NAR

Post by Flow »

Guys, we have alot of work to do for the Euro Division to add few more member in. We need at least 15 drivers eatch race on track, so this mean 20 drivers officialy driving, cause we alsways have some that cant race at last minutes.

Me personal suggestion is simple, on week days, unlock practice server with NO PASSWORD untill we have enough member. It is not always fun to have drivers always in and out, but in NA, this is the way we recrute 5-6 drivers in the 2 last weeks. Maybe Dan<s and Bilbo<s practice server. Eatch time you see a driver that is lapping good, try to see if he would be interested to join us, please do it for for both division, but more for Euro, ask where he comes from, and if hes from Euro side, Tell him to go on Website and take few minutes to know about us, and do whatever is needed to make him race the remaining race of season. They dont need to be the fastest, we have from fast to slow driver, so dont be afraid of telling them that your Alien speed is not representative of all driver :wink:
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: Recruiting new member for NAR

Post by Bilbo »

As much as I'd like to contribute to this, the password on my server is there not so much to prevent drivers from entering but more to protect my ridiculously low bandwidth quota. Please realize that the server is on my home connection and I'm allowed only 10GB of upload per month, of which NAR already consume a few GBs each month for practice, races, replay downloads and RSS stats (website). This is absolutely fine with me (please don't stop using my server because of this post) as I wouldn't be doing it if it were not but, given that I already restrict my personal usage to fit within my monthly quota and often postpone downloading things to a time when there is nobody on the server (so as not to disrupt people's laps), I just can't open my server to the whole community. Upgrading my connection to a higher tier would improve my quota limit but at twice the cost and it would still not be significantly faster (upload rated as 900kbps instead of 820) so it's not a very interesting deal for me.

But really anyone could help by opening a server with NAR or NoAidsRacing in its name for a few hours once in a while...
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Thanks for the info, Hitman had a server once in a while, i did, if some can do same, could be great, but i will try to open one more often if possible.
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Well thank God I don't have any quota to deal with man I would be broke. :D

But I will put my server up more often.
I am unconfertable having it running when I am at work or something put I will start it up more.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Well, you dont need to let it run 24/24, but if you are at home, and few night per week, let it open. You can desactivate the voting thing also if you want. As soon as Euro will have more drivers in, it will be just great, and 2-3 seats are left in NA also, after that, it wont be that usefull to do it alot, but just once in a while. We could also anounce on website site some official free open server for public at precise day.

We just need a rush of filling 6-7 euro seats at least.
NAR.F1 driver
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

hey guys :D
about the NA division i will check on my side if i can find 1 or 2 driver i know they dont need to be the fastest but clean n friendly pples i think i got 1 more friend who want to join but i have hard time to contact him cuz is new job but im pretty sur that he will accept a seat if one left ill give u feedback on that as soon as i have news from him cya in hell lolll :evil:
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Shure, seast are open. Summit his candidature to admin. It is not only the fact of filling a seat just to fill a seat, they must have an interest to race, and not be dangerous to them/others. Slow is Ok, but not too slow :wink: Hope you will be able to reatch him.
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

I tried to open my dedi server, but when I go to join it I get a JOIN TIMED OUT error every time.
Juan also tried to join it and got the same error.

Would you know how I can fix this Bilbo??
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

I dont know, but i can set one in 1 hour, i have few things to do before. I think i will be able to open it around 8 to 8:30 PM this is in 1 to 1.5 hour
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Steve B wrote:I tried to open my dedi server, but when I go to join it I get a JOIN TIMED OUT error every time.
Juan also tried to join it and got the same error.

Would you know how I can fix this Bilbo??
I can only guess but have you opened the correct ports in your firewall and/or router ? I'm a lazy bastard so I just open the whole range from port 34000 to 35000 for both TCP and UDP. Works like a charm and is good for other games that use that same range of ports too (did I say I was lazy?).

If you need help in the HOW to configure your router, just go to THIS SITE and select your router (or a model close to it if your particular model is not listed).
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Hummm, im night not be able to open the server tongiht, i will post about it.
NAR.F1 driver
DanTheMan
Site administrator
Favorite team: Red Bull

Post by DanTheMan »

The following ports need to be open/forwarded:
tcp/34447
udp/34297
udp/34397

Here are my PF rules for the Euro-server:

Code: Select all

pass in quick on $ext_if inet proto tcp from any to $royal64 port 34447 flags S/SA keep state queue rfactor
pass in quick on $ext_if inet proto udp from any to $royal64 port { 34297, 34397 } keep state queue rfactor
(I do traffic shaping on outgoing traffic to make sure rFactor traffic has higher priority than any other outgoing traffic, so it doesn't matter if someone downloads a bunch of race replays from the webserver in the middle of a race.)

/Daniel
Move over!!!
Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
This is Weired
Since I take it that Juan was able to see the server on RF but was getting a time out when trying to join.
(And I am no expert on this) But it would seem if the above is right the ports are open set right but the udp port might be wrong.
In the Multi player file there is a setting (Something to the affect) On how long to wait before a time out happens. You might want to check this and give it a little more time.
Here is how it set on mine
Net Join Timeout="150.00000" // How long to wait (without a response) before a game join will be considered a failure
Of course tis is just a guess :)

I know you have hosted before so I know it can work.
Have you installed anything new since then
Anti virus or internet blocking program spam stuff.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda