First EURO Race Australia let now how it was for Ya

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Racer
NAR administrator

First EURO Race Australia let now how it was for Ya

Post by Racer »

Yes its rolling again, First Race Narleague, Australia,

i had normal start, was looking for not hit no 1, won some places, and had a good battle with Philmax,
kiss the wall 1 time, big improvements, :) :wink: , after that was only cruising till Finish,

nice to see u guys on track again, :mrgreen: :) , there was 10 Drivers was hoping for more, :?
DanTheMan
Site administrator
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: First EURO Race Australia let now how it was for Ya

Post by DanTheMan »

The official replay and results files from the server can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://forumserver.zapto.org/files/NAR2 ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://forumserver.zapto.org/files/NAR2 ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://forumserver.zapto.org/files/NAR2 ... tralia.rar (12.8MB, only the race replay this time due to misconfigured server)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

/Daniel
Move over!!!
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

No comments here yet so I thought I'd post mine.

My race was as expected - an inconsistant mess. I had good pace on a clean lap, but of the 40 laps I completed I think only about 5 of them were mistake free (even the very small errors, they soon ruin your lap time).

I am really struggling with the braking in this mod, but it was snap oversteer which sent me into the wall and finished me off for good. Lack of spare time to practice is also an issue this year but I'll just have to live with that.

Anyway, I'd like to give my congratuations to Kaffe for putting in such a strong and consistant drive, and to Mac and Killa for getting on the podium. Also well done to Ingo and Sailsy for finishing in the points.

I'm hoping for better next time, but unless I can figure out a setup which allows me to drive more consistantly I can't see it improving.

It's nice to have the season up and running at least. :)
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

yeah maby we should reconcider the mod choise seeing there now are 2 different leauges with the old NAR drivers. I quite like MMG, but ive not really tried that other one...whatever its called. cause im not sure i want to put some time into a season with under 10 drivers..

for the race, lucky for me supersoul used launch control and got in front of everyone and held them up :) then a big thx to killa who fended off the raging MAC for quite many laps. after that it was just pure terror, with mac gaining a couple of tenths every lap...got a control input freeze which made me go off track and lost p1, but managed to match the phase of mac - and chase him down again. Then you decided to go into the sandtrap briefly, thx m8 :) so i ended up defending a 4-ish second lead for the last 10ish laps, which worked quite ok until i had some problems lapping a car and ended up with mac in my ass :P (no worries, but its nice if you guys go off line when you intend to slow down). generally the lappings worked out really well tho. Anyway the race got exciting in the end, lucky for me i came out on top - seeing i didnt have the best phase. but sometimes consistancy is enough i guess :)

mac and firefly where really flying this one :)

on to malaysia...maby
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

Kaffe, it is my pleasure to have helped you to this victory! You were faster than me and even though I tried my best I couldn't keep up. I was trying to keep MAC behind me for as long as possible but he overtook me one lap before his pitstop. I still had 2 laps of fuel left and was gonna try to get the best out of it and maybe come out in front after the pit stop.

Only one thing stoped me: Firefly. He was on my six and took a chance into T1 and we touched a little, Im not complaining cause you kinda have to take chances and dive if you are going to get passed anyone on this track but the timing was terrible for me, cause I went off track and lost 5 seconds or so and the chase for MAC was over.

Anyway, it was a good race and I finished on the podium. :D
I was hoping for a little more concistency from my side but my wheel keeps playing games with me when it recalibrates in the middle of the race....hehe....

I just hope we can get more people on track so we can have even more fun.
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen