Hi all Narleague Members, there is a Server running the MMG F1 SE MOD,

Name is Nar Mod testing,

lets do some testing so we can have a good idea how the Mod is,

cyaaaa

Ingo
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

I just came from the server and must say that it feels good!

I have driven approx 20 laps with a race setup. I wasn't fast (1.27:770) but the main thing was to test the mod and the feeling of the physics for me at least are great. The car handles well and it is definetly possible to spin here.
I also tried to alter the setup a little and I felt a diffrence in car handling right away so thats good too..... :D

The only "bad" thing I can say from this first test is the pit lane.....it reminds me of my job! (I work at Siemens) :wink: :mrgreen:
This is supposed to keep me from thinking of work...... :D
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

why isnt the server listed in relay?
why has everyone stopped using relay?
would be nice to talk to a admin sometime too, and thats a good place..

cause it's been working flawlessly for a long time now, it feels like a step backwards to not use it...
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Thats funny Kaff because I just tried to login to RELAY and it failed.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

kaffemaskin wrote:why isnt the server listed in relay?
I guess that's because (unless it has changed again) you have to ask a Relay admin to have your server listed in Relay. So, let's say you decide to start a server yourself someday just for a few hours (or even a couple of days), it's usually not practical to ask for it being listed (and unlisted after you close it)...
why has everyone stopped using relay?
For my personal opinion, I've never been much a fan of Relay for anything else than for its anticheat capabilities. I *HATE* IM (in general, in Relay as much as in MSN or any other application) so Relay has no interest for me at all except at race time. That's why I'm generally never in Relay. I can't say anything about those who did use Relay and stopped though.
would be nice to talk to a admin sometime too, and thats a good place..
Here too and even more people can profit from the discussion. You can even post when admins are not online, ain't that amazing! :wink:
cause it's been working flawlessly for a long time now, it feels like a step backwards to not use it...
The NA division almost imploded last season because of repeated Relay crashes just minutes before race time. We're not enough drivers to afford to lose anyone over this.
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Steve B wrote:Thats funny Kaff because I just tried to login to RELAY and it failed.
haha thats funny :) its a wonder what kind of magic forces that ocean between us posesses when it comes to this software :)

well i know you guys over there had problems with crashes, but it worked for the euro side...
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

We had alot of race delay and problem when we raced with relay last year, in NA division. Eatch time race was starting, some drivers were simply kicked out of server, and had login time out after, and was no more possible to join relay race server again. No one was available to reset relay on our race time.

I also personaly ask Rc to install a Relay version on our side of earth, that we can admin for our race, and this was refused from him, he explain that for some technical (and probalby secret reason) he could not let use do it. This was middle of last season situation.
NAR.F1 driver
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Do we still have a server up for the MMG SE mod? I can't see it in the list anymore.
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

For now, only one practice server is open when one of us practice. So you can open one :wink: . Soon, i think that we may have one open all the time.
NAR.F1 driver
klaaz

Post by klaaz »

Flow wrote:I also personaly ask Rc to install a Relay version on our side of earth, that we can admin for our race, and this was refused from him, he explain that for some technical (and probalby secret reason) he could not let use do it.
I can aasure you it was<is> technical impossible to make that happen. The options that were availeble were discussed by me with some of the NA team. Like me rent a 100mb opteron server and have full acces to relay server would have solved alot of problems when Relay was less stable.
The big problem at the time was: a bad logoff<as in pc crash/termineted by taskmanager> , the relay server became unstable. Since a long time that issu has been solved so to have acces would be not nescesarry anymore i am sure.
I talk too much....
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

klaaz wrote:
Flow wrote:I also personaly ask Rc to install a Relay version on our side of earth, that we can admin for our race, and this was refused from him, he explain that for some technical (and probalby secret reason) he could not let use do it.
The big problem at the time was: a bad logoff<as in pc crash/termineted by taskmanager> , the relay server became unstable. Since a long time that issu has been solved so to have acces would be not nescesarry anymore i am sure.
Np for the reason why Rc refuse, tehcnical or private, i dont remeber. Just want to make shure i was not shitting on him, my word seem hard reading back, but it was not my intention. Ok, i didnt know that Relay solved some problem. Thanks for the info.
NAR.F1 driver