A night winter race

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

A night winter race

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
I thought I would start this in a new post to get some info and Ideas.

What do you guys think if one of the NAR winter races was a night race.

I myself have yet to have a night race but think it could be entrusting.

So I do have some ?
Has anyone done a night race with RF (If yes how was it)
Can any track be done at night and how do you set that up.
(Is it a matter of what time the race starts or is there something that needs to be set in a track file or the user data file).

What you guys like to do this we can not have rain but hey how fun would it be at night. :lol:

Info please
Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

You have to set the race time to night time, it is as easy as that. Set a 'key' for the light of car, cause you will be DQ if you dont open your light.

One thing about night race, dont do it on a track that you dont know, cause you will get frustrated soon. Do it on a short track, and maybe use a city track, that have lights around the track that make things little easyer.

What i like to do with my son, is set the race time at end of day, before sun goes down, and put the time scale at maximum. It is fun lapping and getting darker and darker at eatch lap, and with 25 laps, you maybe even be able to finish the race at sunrise! Verry interesing. The 1st 2-3 laps alow you to get in the mood of the track, then it is a nightmare to find corner at 300km/h, braking sign are often lost in dark.
NAR.F1 driver
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

I have raced 24H lemans this year, night racing is verry cool. Just make sure you use headlights :lol: and like flow says, would be good to use a track for it wich you know the layout, or wich is heaving lights around the track.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Another thing to consider is that racing at night is more stressful on your system, if you are struggling with FPS in the day time, night time will really be hard on your PC.

I would suggest everyone try doing some laps with maybe 10 AI cars at night, and see how it goes. I know Orchard Lake has night lights, that may be a good one to try.

Just set the race to start at like 10 PM, and it'll be plenty dark.
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Ruben Miranda

What do you guys think

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello All
This is not Final but beware all That our next race a Toban Long might be at night or dusk I set the server up for 6:00 pm I have yet to test it and see how it looks so if anyone could and has time check it and see if it is doable :lol: I figure this is our best chance since it is two weeks away and we can have a little more practice time at it.
Or if there is a better track you know of speak up I have been looking around but have not seen any that are acthully set up for night races.

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Ruben Miranda

I realize

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
I set the server for a night race at Toban.
But I see that in practice session it is daytime you do not see night time until race time. Witch is not good and leaves us with no practice sessions at night.

Is there away around this anyone know

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Ruben Miranda

Ok got it

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello All
A guy @ RSC showed me how to and what to do to make night races thru all sessions.
I setup the server and went thru all the sessions
Practice Qual Warm up and Race and they where all at night. :D
And also it looks like the head light come on automaticly so you don't have to set a button for it. And you do not have to edit anything on your end either so there should not be any MM on this.

I would like to see some guys test and see if they are going to have any problems with there comp or what.
And if you guys want to do this night race or not.

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Im in, depending on what track. I cant test tonight, but maybe tomorow i will.
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda

Night race update

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello all
I am disappointed to say this but.
The Night race is a no go :cry:
We tested today
First with only 3 drivers
Hitman
Klaaz
Kaffee
Our FPS was very low FPS 30
So we went and turned down our graphic settings to either low of off and the FPS went up to like 50 FPS (Remember 3 drivers) we then added ai plus Ingo and Gus joined in and that put us at 15 drivers with Ai.
We then did a test race and it was just horrible (At least for me) the others it was not as bad but still bad.

So with these results (Sad) I/We feel it is better to just have day time races be safe and have fun.
So our next race at Toban long (In reverse) will be in daytime.

Sorry if you guys are disappointed like me but I think it would be a great waste of time to try this and ruin a fun race day.

Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda