DIV 1 RACE REPORT

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
carrera

Post by carrera »

I read,
the ping has very little to do with reality....
What you are really trying to say is:
carrera has very little to do with reality..isn't that right ???LOL
I'm over it for now Dan but if it is a problem I will sit out races if necessary...testing went great but not everything goes my way....
I was thinking of attaching bunjie cord to your car.Then I could be behind you then pass you,then behind you...then pass you..then behind...you get the picture..If I time the bounce just right I may finish ahead by one rubber length...
It's all good ...theres always next time...wahooooooo
carey 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Ok mayby that was a accident and something with your connection was wrong but now its right again. In testing everything seems ok :roll:

Why dont you join div1 race before the qualify just to see if you have high pings ... if so u can always leave before qualify starts. So u can see if it was a one thing in your life thingy or its still there.

I think its no problem to join div 1before qualify just to see how de pings are isnt it :twisted:
carrera

Post by carrera »

Actually Dutch,
I have been pinging sweden and have throttled my upstream to match.
I may have had it too much and then packet losses occured big time.
The answer to that is to have (nar)carrera only set for swedish server and make another carrera for north American server.
I don't think there will be a problem after this is done...
Also this may help when trying to connect to T.Karlssons server.I have been using the throttle upstream set for North America which is 480 up.
to sweden it is like 120..ouch...so i have set it for that ...I will test pings on race day and adjust (nar)carrera before i join.This should help as i join the qualifiing session.This ,however will not increase my speed on the track ..I will still be miles behind (nar)mark...LOL...
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
DanTheMan
Site administrator
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by DanTheMan »

After having discussed this with the guy that actually wrote the netcode at ISI I can tell you that the client does not use the Throttle Upstream Override setting at all, so my earlier recommendations about tuning it (for pure clients) is not valid. It is however still valid for anyone that wants to run a server now and then.

An updated tutorial will be made available soon(TM).

/Daniel
Move over!!!