Race 07

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Firefly

Race 07

Post by Firefly »

Is anyone here going to buy this new sim?

I buy most sims, I think I have a problem... I simply can't resist them, even if I know they aren't going to be great.

Anyway, Race 07 looks decent - it has rain and it has the F3000 series. I know it's not up to F1 level performance but it is still very quick.

Apparently when you install the 'offline' version of the sim you can add new cars and tracks just like rfactor and GTR2. However there seems to be some confusion as to whether this will work online as the folder structure is encrypted for the online version.

I'm going to buy it. If rain had been added to rFactor I probably wouldn't bother, but I miss wet weather/single seater driving and rFactor 2 won't be out for a million years.
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Not I

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
I have looked at this new sim but sorry to say at the moment I saw the name Simbin on it I said no way.

There security and all that goes with it has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I know what you mean, but in some ways I'm glad they are making racing sims - not many developers are these days.

I don't think Race 07 has the starforce rubbish, and you don't need steam to play offline so it's not too bad.
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

I aggree

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello

Yes Firefly
You are right
I saw the screen shots and the demo vid and the cars and the tracks look great.
But for me I am strictly a online driver not really entrusted or have much fun racing AI. I don't even practice off line.

That being said
The fact is Simbin although they make a nice sim Graphics and detail wise there net code is still out dated and under par so it would be a waste of money for me.

I bought GTR 1 when it first came out I tried it it was ok the Cars not to my taste (Since I like open wheelers) But still the promise of a better net code and the promise of a F1 mod I bought it. Well the Net code was no better then F1 C from EA and there never came a mod needless to say it was only on my Comp for a couple of weeks when I deleted it.

Just my humble opinion :D
Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I agree with you about the net code - even in GTR 2, GT Legends and the first Race game the net code wasn't as good as rFactor. I don't understand why though - it's supposed to be based on ISI engine, so I don't know how they could manage to make the online code worse for all of their games.

I'm not sure how good Race 07 is online, but probably still not as good as rFactor.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I read somewhere a long time ago that the engine that SimBin has licensed is from the Nascar Thunder 2004 days or soon after, which is from before the rFactor engine (or it could just be an early version of the rF engine). Of course, this could be wrong and false nowadays as I read that in the GTR (and possibly GTL) days. True or not, I always thought it would be a logical explanation of the SimBin netcode woes...