monitoring ALX

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Coffeemachine

monitoring ALX

Post by Coffeemachine »

Today friday alx has hist first test in a f1car, this at silverstone. He is racing the euroleauge thingie atm, the one under F1. Not sure if the season has started yet, but i know he was fastest under the practises prior to the first race. He also has a car from Danielsson motorsport ín the swedish carrera cup, which is broadcasted over here (yaay :) ). He is letting someone else drive it for these first few races, but there was alredy a lot of talk about him from the commentators and how he probably will be in the front when he starts racing. I bet he can beat Tony Rickardsson with his eyes closed :) (Tony is a speedway legend, stopped racing a few years ago)

alx, glöm inte bort oss nu. In och skriv :) !!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Just a fast translation from our newspapers. bare with it, ill do it fast!

Fridays test drive went fine and now alx hopes to score a contract with a formula one team.
-Im currently negociating with all f1-teams exept for one (spyker), but there are few seats. Next year looks better.

Last year alx competed in world series, a competition where the best young drivers fight to be discovered and move on to f1. He won, and the reward was a testdrive in the renault world champion car.
The testdrive took place at silverstone - and alx adored it
-it was like being shot from a cannon on the straight, he says in a press release.
-The acceleration is huge, but its nothing compared to the brakings. this is the coolest thing i've ever done.
-Everything worked perfectly and i know that renault are VERY PLEASED with my performance and i feel good about the future.

Bigger chanse in 2008
Worldchamp testboss Colin praised the swede afterwards. And if more bosses in the f1-world was pleased with the drive, this test can be a springboard to a much longed for brakethrough. Danielsson has impressed in many classes, but dreams about taking the same path as the world-series champis 2004 and 2005 - heikki kovalainen and robert kubica.

and blablabla some more :)

and for all of you who doesnt know, ALX is a former nar member...i think he stopped driving 2 seasons ago or something like that right?

Looks like we might have our first NAR driver in f1 soon... :) :) :) :)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Yeah Alx is a really cool guy, i think he stopped after the 2003 season here in NAR, maybe a little bit in 2004, it would be awesome if he made it to F1, maybe he could get me into the pits at the USGP, hehe

What series is he driving this year? GP2?
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

euroseries 3000 something like that....its one of the two major feeders to f1, world series being the other one
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Alx was driving carerra cup this weekend in mantorp, Linköping (my old home, damn :) ). Sunday he had to retire early, and saturday was quite a amusing story :D:D . Quoted from http://www.aftonbladet.se :

Water in the tank
-We had a can of water that was labeled petrol, and filled the car up with that one. It wasnt even a part of our search when we tried to locate the malefunction afterwards. I meen..what the hell, water in the tank?

i guess you can live with those things when you get to test a f1 car :)
crazyhaba

Post by crazyhaba »

Hi guys!

Long time since i've been around. Found that game and immediately had to google no aids racing. Good to see some familiar names here. Steve, killa etc. I drove in NAR div1 2002-2003? Best memory is winning my maiden GP. Track was Montreal! :twisted:

I have no wheel atm but im beginning to think i really should get one. And come and beat your fat asses :D

-crazyhaba (haba or what my nick was back then 8) )
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Hi nicke, i join nar just after you left (2004). Shure if you can get a wheel, get on track. Any old nar member are welcome back, at least more than if Schumy come back to F1 :wink:
NAR.F1 driver
Steve

Post by Steve »

Welcome back Haba, ya, i remember you, crazy fast, hehe
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !

Post by Guest »

Steve wrote:Welcome back Haba, ya, i remember you, crazy fast, hehe
Nice!

You are driving r-factor nowadays, right? Damn i should update my computer soon, that game is never going to work with this piece-of-a-shit.. :roll:
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

article from autosport magazine
Attachments
alexf1.zip
(330.51 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
aawil

Post by aawil »

Incidently, the event that the cars were shaken down for is this weekend in warsaw. Hopefully my friend makes it there today. I think he said it rained yesterday. I'm mourning the fact that I'm not there to see it. :(
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

man he is insanely short!

saw him on carrera cup about a week ago, totally pulverizing the opposition (he should be, 2nd came speedway legend tony richardsson lol).

NAR MAKES YOU FAST!!!!! :) :D
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

here comes some cool stuff!

he talks swedish im afraid, but here is the video from alx test drive with renault - including some cool helmet camera shots!

apparantly he was 1.5 seconds faster than the driver that use to do testlaps for renault over there (shakedown driver or whatever he said)

http://www.alxtof1.com/images/Media/Alx2_small.mov