Canada GP

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
killahead
NAR founder

Canada GP

Post by killahead »

Wow...! Hamilton won! What a race.....a LOT of action.

What a crash he had Kubica, good to hear he "only" broke a leg from that crash.

The sight of the day though must have been Massa doing "thumbs down" from the pit garage after recieving the black flag! Learn the rules and pay attention dumbass! :mrgreen:
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

i think the new rules are silly....red light at pit exit during a race is just wrong..and silly...and silly...and wrong.

for me the sight of the day was takuma overtaking alonso. i lauged my ass off. mueheheh :D
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

kaffemaskin wrote:i think the new rules are silly....red light at pit exit during a race is just wrong..and silly...and silly...and wrong.
Massa and Fisico should have known better since the red light is NOT new and Montoya was victim of it here last season (I think) but I don't remember what kind of penalty he got (stop-go I think but really unsure).
for me the sight of the day was takuma overtaking alonso. i lauged my ass off. mueheheh :D
I'm sure Alonso will be hearing about this one for a VERY long time... :twisted:
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

The pit close and open as soon as drivers are regroup, is to avoid any kind of race like in champcar, and create situation were some get lucky and take a too big advantage of if they are close to pit when it hapend. This can bring a driver from back to front if they dont do this, im in favor of this. They even regroup lap driver in back field now, better improvement. You notice a car stop at 'red' out of pit waiting to pit exit to open? yeah, they all know about it.
NAR.F1 driver
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Whats the difference, the situation stays the same that some have bad luck or good luck. You saw it today, some pitted just before the SC, others not and they where screwed you saw it with youre own eyes. I think its complete senseles rule, because the outcome stays the same, some have bad luck some have good luck with it :lol: About regrouping thats at least one good point they took over from champcar.

Anyway i enjoyed the race but again it proves that something has to happen to make the race entertaining.

About Hamilton, well what to say a true talent. If its for me we saw today the 2007 champion winning his first race. :D
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

About Hamilton, well what to say a true talent. If its for me we saw today the 2007 champion winning his first race.
I second that DP
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Some news I just read on Kubica: He only has a light cranial trauma (concussion) and a sprained ankle.

In the next days he will undergo a medical evaluation by the FIA medic to EVALUATE IF HE CAN RACE AT INDIANAPOLIS!!! :shock: :shock: :o

One day, people think he's dead and the week after he could be racing. I'll never cease to be amazed!
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

Bilbo wrote:Some news I just read on Kubica: He only has a light cranial trauma (concussion) and a sprained ankle.

In the next days he will undergo a medical evaluation by the FIA medic to EVALUATE IF HE CAN RACE AT INDIANAPOLIS!!! :shock: :shock: :o

One day, people think he's dead and the week after he could be racing. I'll never cease to be amazed!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

yeah guys i understand the rules but as DP says, it doesnt eliminate the luck factor and still feels silly. and having cars racing full speed to catch up the field during a SC...which is deployed for a reason - to stop cars going fast, is also beyond me. and as we saw with trulli, pushing with cold tyres can difficult.

also gotta love trulli this race, everyone who tried to overtake him more or less ended up in tears. sweet :)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

They refuse to let race Kubica at USA GP. Will Vetel bump Kubica like Kubica bumbped Villeneuve when Villeneuve had his crash and was out cause doctor said no? :mrgreen:

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/a ... /view.html
NAR.F1 driver